Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Missing Lancashire woman

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree with you. Immediately struck me as odd a body spotted by walkers, close to the bank & less than a mile from where she went missing. River was supposed to have been thoroughly searched by police & the expert. Guess we wait & see if she really drowned or not.
Rivers are complex things, they’re not bathtub shaped, they have undercrofts, things to be snagged on, pinned under, caught up in. It could be something else breaks loose, changes the dynamic and something moves again.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Probably like a few here and it really started with the death of Diana and we sure it with The Queen and i get that people wish to pay their respects but do you really need to get your mobile phone out and take pictures or video the event ? For heavens sake occasions like this are covered in the MSM what more you want ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And the nonsense continues ... :(

Sadly other social media outlets and this thread are absolutely crawling with amateur Miss Marples who couldn’t find Watford in light fog.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The water search team and divers have had an absolute shocker here and turned this is into a really horrible mess. I don't care how complex water systems can be. For her body to be visible and less than a mile away suggests utter negligence from supposed professionals. Have to feel deeply sorry for the family. It's been horrifically handled by almost everyone.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The water search team and divers have had an absolute shocker here and turned this is into a really horrible mess. I don't care how complex water systems can be. For her body to be visible and less than a mile away suggests utter negligence from supposed professionals. Have to feel deeply sorry for the family. It's been horrifically handled by almost everyone.
I think we should wait for the facts to emerge before slagging everyone off. I very much doubt that the body was visible for three weeks, it is possible of course, but unlikely.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t be sure of that until the full facts are known (if they ever will be). Body being visible now doesn’t mean it was days ago when the search was being conducted, and may not have been in the river at the time. SGI provided their services free of charge btw.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think we should wait for the facts to emerge before slagging everyone off. I very much doubt that the body was visible for three weeks, it is possible of course, but unlikely.
Agreed.

As I understand it, we don't even know the stretch of river that was searched (AFAIK, this has never been published), or whether the location the body was found, was within the search area. Or whether either or both of those are actually relevant...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Private company have been absolute bellends

"If she's in the water we find her, if we don't she's not there"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was a large volume of opaque flowing water, in cold conditions and inherently dangerous for divers. Almost a needle in a haystack.

We can be clever now with the find of a body.

Let's wait to see what independent experts say.

I watched a TV doc recently where a 15 year old school boy had jumped in water to celebrate the end of term. He couldn't swim and disappeared. Rescue teams in boats, divers, police and a helicopter were on scene within minutes. They didn't find him, his body was found days later.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Miss Maple was an amateur wasn’t she?
Yep that was my linguistic point but take “pound shop Miss Marple” if you prefer. Either way it’s distasteful. Probably doesn’t matter on here but imagine what this is doing to her family.and the police investigation

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It was a large volume of opaque flowing water, in cold conditions and inherently dangerous for divers. Almost a needle in a haystack.

I watched a TV doc recently where a 15 year old school boy had jumped in water to celebrate the end of term. He couldn't swim and disappeared. Rescue teams in boats, divers, police and a helicopter were on scene within minutes. They didn't find him, his body was found days later.
In this case, 23 days later isn’t it? That just doesn’t sit right with me. They’ve had all these amateur sleuths (knobs) and a professional dive team + sonar radar and observed nothing. I did say in my earlier post and doing a bit of research it seems highly unlikely a body wouldn’t have floated to the surface within days, unless it was weighed down by a cast iron girder, even snagged bodies tend to come loose with the decomposition.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility she could have been dumped, a depraved local individual with knowledge could easily have held her and then discarded of the body in the river, I think people over estimate police presence in these situations, police resources don’t allow them to patrol every inch of the river.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Indeed. Our rivers are amazing things…….I fish a lot, not sure if people generally understand what they can be like below the surface. Depths vary massively often within a very short distance, there are underwater obstructions all over the place, the banks you stand on may be undercut by several feet of very deep water, flows vary enormously depending on rainfall (and tides where rivers are tidal as was the case here), there are vortexes and whirlpools that are extremely powerful and this time of year the temperature of the water is such it could cause a heart attack almost on entry with the shock (and even if not, hypothermia will get you in minutes).

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We just have to let the police and their forensic teams do their work now. I'm sure that the facts will be made public when the investigations are finished. Terrible for the family though, RIP.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In this case, 23 days later isn’t it? That just doesn’t sit right with me. They’ve had all these amateur sleuths (knobs) and a professional dive team + sonar radar and observed nothing. I did say in my earlier post and doing a bit of research it seems highly unlikely a body wouldn’t have floated to the surface within days, unless it was weighed down by a cast iron girder, even snagged bodies tend to come loose with the decomposition.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility she could have been dumped, a depraved local individual with knowledge could easily have held her and then discarded of the body in the river, I think people over estimate police presence in these situations, police resources don’t allow them to patrol every inch of the river.
Not you, but that’s just speculation from the army of Facebook and Twatter folk who took an overly keen interest in the disappearance of a photogenic white women. Not helped by her ‘best friends’ who in the first few days went out of their very opinionated way to tell hacks there was no way she’d entered the river other than by foul play. They talked of her perfect life. Revealing we now know that they knew very little. As a result of all that the area became a magnet for busybodies. The police and property owners revealed break ins by these idiots.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly other social media outlets and this thread are absolutely crawling with amateur Miss Marples who couldn’t find Watford in light fog.
Thank you, Superintendent Slack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here