Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing cat in Hove, please look in this thread to see if he might be close to you...

ficklefrog

Mar 13, 2009
worthing
A cat followed my mate home once and when took it back to where it followed him it wouldnt leave. He had it for a couple of days then took it to a local vet who checked for a microchip. Said cat had been missing for 3 months ( not far away,either) Jubilant reunion. hope he is back in time for his turkey

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes good idea but its worth going direct to the houses where he was last seen - lots of people come out of their houses and straight in their cars especially when the weather is bad - they might never see posters on trees etc

I will do in the morning. We've spoken to a few people already who have my number and are looking for him. I am going out again now, I can't sleep not knowing where he is.

Thanks to all who have replied.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Hope you find him soon. Hopefully your cat has just gone for a wander like they do from time to time. I have 2 who are 10 and they have done this occasionally. Good luck.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just leaving Pembroke Crescent now. No way he could hear me and didn't respond. No way. Either he has been taken in by someone, or he has gone a long way since last seen at FFS midday :down: .

So upsetting. I am at the anger stage. Admittedly, he even gives me some jip when putting him in a catbasket. But to ALLOW him to escape? The vets and my mum should be absolutely mortified this has happened. I am growing more and more furious, my cat is out there somewhere he doesn't know. He's more than likely been outdoors since midday and he'll now be soaked and petrified. I will not be sleeping tonight and I doubt he will either.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
There's not a lot you can do at this hour, most practical thing you can do is get some sleep so you have energy and a clear head tomorrow. Cats are hugely resourceful creatures and are not stupid at all, it will either be taken in or somewhere dry. Wait till the morning.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
the vets have made a massive error in allowing an animal to escape their office. no doubt it was an accident but nevertheless they shouldn't have any animal in a situation where it could escape. I would be absolutely furious with them and would be demanding compensation, infact if they lost my dog I would end up in jail after I was finished with them. Really sorry you have had this happen and I hope you find him. Do you live near the vets maybe he will find his way home? Good luck to you - keep trying

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nothing. Got a call this morning but was for an almost identical tabby, gorgeous cat and very friendly but not Tiger. Resuming the hunt now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know it's of no help to you now but given nearly all cats and dogs are now chipped I really don't understand why they're not chipped with RFID. That way you could track them in the same way as Ipads.

Good luck with finding him though. We lost, albeit only for a few hours, one of our cats a couple of years ago when he'd only been allowed out for a week. Soul destroying.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Have you tried contacting Cats Protection or maybe raystead (sp?)? Someone may have found him in their garden and given them a call.

As far as I know there is no longer any CP in Brighton but Raystede might be an Idea
most calls now go to http://www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk
but ringing round any organisation that deal with cats is a good idea
he is chipped which is always a help

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
As far as I know there is no longer any CP in Brighton but Raystede might be an Idea
most calls now go to http://www.lostcatsbrighton.co.org
but ringing round any organisation that deal with cats is a good idea
he is chipped which is always a help
The last thing I knew was there was a CP place in Ringmer (not sure if it was an official place or not though - was someone's house with a big "shed" out the back as a cattery).

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Good luck. I hope that he is found soon.

You've probably got these phone numbers already, but just in case...

Cat Welfare Sussex : 01273 423861

RSPCA National Helpline : 0870 55 55 999

RSPCA Local Brighton & Hove Branch : 01273 554218

PDSA (People's Dispensary for Sick Animals) : 01273 566595

Lost Cats Brighton : 01273 422721

City Cats Shelter : 01273 606843

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The last thing I knew was there was a CP place in Ringmer (not sure if it was an official place or not though - was someone's house with a big "shed" out the back as a cattery).

Raystede is at Ringmer
Cats Protection is at Uckfield and that is the main HQ

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Lost my cat 2 years ago..
Phoned all cat companies and registered missing on Internet, went around area with pictures of cat and details!
Plus vet's gave us numbers to register missing cat..

When we thought he was gone, 2 half weeks later got phone call...
Asking about details on cats collar and description of cat, from rescue agency...
we then travelled 8 miles to check cat out and it was him, couldn't believe he was 8 miles from home!

He looked very skinny, but a nice family took him in once they realised he was abandoned.
Gave them good tip as happy to have him back and so thankful..

Found out neighbour across road took him 8 miles in boot of car, then he jumped out and went, they said sorry!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here