Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing cat in Hove, please look in this thread to see if he might be close to you...

He has that look of knowing he's been a naughty boy.

Best possible outcome. Wish I still had a cat.

You're welcome to the stray that has been living in my back garden for the past 15 months, and that's no joke. S/he comes in each morning, gets fed, goes back out and lies in the sun, or rain right now, then comes back in each evening and eats again. And yes, it is a stray. It splits sleeping between a cat box in my back garden and my next door neaighbours shed.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have called the neccessary numbers and my ma believes she heard a sad miaow in the garden he was last seen in (25 hours ago! :down: ) so hopefully he's planning his comeback. We're trying to be patient and hope he'll appear when ready. I just want to know he can hear us.

He adopted us back in the day when his previous family shut him out. They'd had a baby apparently, and she kept pulling Tiger's tail... He lashed out and they kicked him out. Didn't tell anyone, just shut him out to fend for himself. He then adopted us, me more specifically, and he's been a part of the family since then. He disappeared for about 3 days less than a year after first coming to us and then just appeared again out of the blue. But that was 7 years ago and he knew the area. He doesn't know this area, so I'm hoping he's not ventured far. We shall see.

If they didn't tell anyone how do you know that's what happened?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
WE'VE GOT HIM. I am reliably informed he is in a catbox. I am heading his way now to confirm, I wouldn't guarantee my mum hasn't catnapped a local! :facepalm:

But she's adament it's him. It's an amazing feeling, been a horrible day...

Thank you everyone for the support and advice. :blush:

really happy for you - horrible experience but makes you realise and appreciate them even more - i would switch vets if i were you, I use Wilbury Vets - they are amazing and your cat would never escape from their office.

I lost my old cat around this time of year several years ago - i found him after 3 days of endless searching on Christmas eve. It was the best Christmas ever.

Merry Christmas to you and your cat

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If they didn't tell anyone how do you know that's what happened?

They tried to take him back a year after we'd had him, by which point we had him chipped, vaccinated and neutered. He was ours, they abandoned him.

really happy for you - horrible experience but makes you realise and appreciate them even more - i would switch vets if i were you, I use Wilbury Vets - they are amazing and your cat would never escape from their office.

I lost my old cat around this time of year several years ago - i found him after 3 days of endless searching on Christmas eve. It was the best Christmas ever.

Merry Christmas to you and your cat

Thank you, we are considering a change of vets! He knows the area a bit now... dangerous. Glad yours showed up too, Merry Christmas to you and all you associate with.

Happy Ending, nice one NE

Alls well that ends well. :thumbsup:

he looks duly chastened thats today .........tomorrow he will again start plotting world domination

He won't be leaving the house for a day! Atleast. Nearly there now, bloody buses.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's just I've had a couple of outdoor cats and had neighbours try and "adopt/steal" them, making out they are being negelcted and they begin feeding them. Come out with crap like "Oh he must be hungry he eats our food", a cat will eat anything, especially an outdoor cat. Anyway the point is, very few cats are abandoned most are lured in by bothersome neighbours.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Fantastic news- has cheered me up no end.

Whatever he was at the vets for I hope they waive the fee.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
anyone seen our cat? we've only had it a day and live near Portland Road.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
WE'VE GOT HIM. I am reliably informed he is in a catbox. I am heading his way now to confirm, I wouldn't guarantee my mum hasn't catnapped a local! :facepalm:

But she's adament it's him. It's an amazing feeling, been a horrible day...

Thank you everyone for the support and advice. :blush:

Brilliant news ... So pleased for you.

Now you can have the a fantastic Christmas. Have a great one.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You're welcome to the stray that has been living in my back garden for the past 15 months, and that's no joke. S/he comes in each morning, gets fed, goes back out and lies in the sun, or rain right now, then comes back in each evening and eats again. And yes, it is a stray. It splits sleeping between a cat box in my back garden and my next door neaighbours shed.

I could fill the whole board up with stories of cats like this ....some of which have come to us
but in the whole time I have been dealing with cats (nearly my whole life) no cat I have ever known has gone to somebody who they do not like and it really is not all about food ....its about making the connection with someone who cares

good on you for looking out for this one

read my signature .......its been happening since god knows when

I could fill the whole board up with stories of cats like this ....some of which have come to us
but in the whole time I have been dealing with cats (nearly my whole life) no cat I have ever known has gone to somebody who they do not like and it really is not all about food ....its about making the connection with someone who cares

good on you for looking out for this one

read my signature .......its been happening since god knows when

Oh greif glasfryn, don't get me wrong. this one arrived about 2 months after I had my 19 year old put down with kidney failure. It took me 2 months to get his/her trust enough to allow me to stroke it, let alone pick it up. The only thing I worry about is that it gets ill, I am not paying hundreds of pounds for vet treatment for a c at that does not like to be indoors and will immediately go outside given the chance. Sadly if it get's ill it will not get antibiotics from me, I can't afford that.

Oh and Ninja, I am really pleased for you and your pussy. Give him a hug from me as well please. Then tap his nose, gently, and tell him not to do it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here