Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing cat in Hove, please look in this thread to see if he might be close to you...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have called the neccessary numbers and my ma believes she heard a sad miaow in the garden he was last seen in (25 hours ago! :down: ) so hopefully he's planning his comeback. We're trying to be patient and hope he'll appear when ready. I just want to know he can hear us.

He adopted us back in the day when his previous family shut him out. They'd had a baby apparently, and she kept pulling Tiger's tail... He lashed out and they kicked him out. Didn't tell anyone, just shut him out to fend for himself. He then adopted us, me more specifically, and he's been a part of the family since then. He disappeared for about 3 days less than a year after first coming to us and then just appeared again out of the blue. But that was 7 years ago and he knew the area. He doesn't know this area, so I'm hoping he's not ventured far. We shall see.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have called the neccessary numbers and my ma believes she heard a sad miaow in the garden he was last seen in (25 hours ago! :down: ) so hopefully he's planning his comeback. We're trying to be patient and hope he'll appear when ready. I just want to know he can hear us.

He adopted us back in the day when his previous family shut him out. They'd had a baby apparently, and she kept pulling Tiger's tail... He lashed out and they kicked him out. Didn't tell anyone, just shut him out to fend for himself. He then adopted us, me more specifically, and he's been a part of the family since then. He disappeared for about 3 days less than a year after first coming to us and then just appeared again out of the blue. But that was 7 years ago and he knew the area. He doesn't know this area, so I'm hoping he's not ventured far. We shall see.

Fingers crossed for him and you

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
WE'VE GOT HIM. I am reliably informed he is in a catbox. I am heading his way now to confirm, I wouldn't guarantee my mum hasn't catnapped a local! :facepalm:

But she's adament it's him. It's an amazing feeling, been a horrible day...

Thank you everyone for the support and advice. :blush:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

cats will go and have a look about mostly to look for a bolt hole (for him you were that bolt hole).
it does sound like he is just waiting until it is quiet to make an appearance Portland Road is never that quiet though (we know the area we also used that vets a long time ago).
you might like to try the old sock trick to get him out of hiding if you have an unwashed sock leave it somewhere near where he was last seen the scent may bring him out (yes and I do know this does sound a little left field ........but it does work and has many times)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
WE'VE GOT HIM. I am reliably informed he is in a catbox. I am heading his way now to confirm, I wouldn't guarantee my mum hasn't catnapped a local! :facepalm:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
give the little bugger a hug
you have just made an old geezer very happy

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
cats will go and have a look about mostly to look for a bolt hole (for him you were that bolt hole).
it does sound like he is just waiting until it is quiet to make an appearance Portland Road is never that quiet though (we know the area we also used that vets a long time ago).
you might like to try the old sock trick to get him out of hiding if you have an unwashed sock leave it somewhere near where he was last seen the scent may bring him out (yes and I do know this does sound a little left field ........but it does work and has many times)

That would have been a superb idea and I would have gone and done that, but he has appeared (in case you missed the above post). Thank you for your posts in this thread, we really appreciate it.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
give the little bugger a hug
you have just made an old geezer very happy

Ah, so you have now seen it! I shall be hugging him for a while and won't let him go.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Excellent. Tell him not to be silly next time though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Can we have a reunited pic to close this thread ?

Yep, as soon as I am reunited with him there'll be a picture. Have I posted this one?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406582_10151285756245270_1567718403_n.jpg

Excellent. Tell him not to be silly next time though.

We will be having words. I'll be having a few words with the vets too!

Made my day. Make sure you get him a nice treat for his tea

I wonder if they make sausage flavoured catfood?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Excellent stuff... I'll call the hunt off on my facebook now.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Excellent news!
For punishment you should start sharpening your claws on his lap and feeding him soya cod whilst you gorge on chicken lumps and tuna brains.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Great news!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Cheers all :thumbsup:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356269758324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356269758324.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 82

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He has that look of knowing he's been a naughty boy.

Best possible outcome. Wish I still had a cat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here