Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Margaret Thatcher

Love or hate?

• Love

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • Hate

Votes: 86 57.0%

• Total voters

Shame very few people can be objective - party political thing I suppose. For me, didn't much like her politics (too young to affect me that much) but I believe she did what she thought was right and stood up for this country more than any other PM I have known. Ditto Blair in his early years. Both fell slave to the US poodle thing.

I still can't understand the mentaility of people who want her dead. :nono: Gary Glitter - yes. Thatcher - ? ???

The Great Cornholio said:
I still can't understand the mentaility of people who want her dead. :nono: Gary Glitter - yes. Thatcher - ? ???
She tortured and abused hundreds of thousands more souls than him, so believe it. Watch the street parties when she pegs it!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh do me a favour.

UTTER SCUM

I'm frankly embarrassed so many of my fellow Albion fans have such warped views on the worst thing to have ever happened to this country

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I think what made it worse was the fact you had nuke happy Ronald Reagan in the White House at the same time.

Thatcherism worked for all extent and purposes, it did just lack a long term "adaptation". It was a response to the end of the post war consensus era, and as a result, the public were far more tolerant of social services reforms and the like.

Problem was, by the '90s, an adaption which NEEDED to be incorporated into Thatcherism was emphasis on the community, as the weakness in these wasn't helping the country. It also needed some more "friendly" policies, to contrast against the harshness of the 1980s.

Bizarrely the Tories failed to realise that and still kept advocating doing exactly what worked in 1979. It may have "worked" then but nobody can deny how much the UK had changed by the mid '90s.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I grew up during here reign so can't say I knew any different?
Personally, I beleive we were Still Great Britain with her at the Helm. She had Reagan in her pocket and didn't take any crap from anyone.
As for the Unions, they can go f*** themselves, THEY are the reason so much Industry is moving abroad.
Did nothing for me when I was in it apart from take my money.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Best PM since Churchill.

Its funny, but the height of Tory sleaze now seems so restrained compared to what Blairs lot get up to. Instead of Hamiltons few nights in an hotel from Fayed, its £350K from the Italian PM over dodgy property deals.

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
Love Her! Bring her back now before we all get the same monthly income albeit by wages or benefits!!! Quick! :bowdown:

Last edited:

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Foot and Kinnock.....any half decent opposition would have beaten her.

(from the wife: she put VAT on Tampons (apparently) and is therefore a witch)

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Bono said:
Foot and Kinnock.....any half decent opposition would have beaten her.

Kinnock has the distinction of being so bad he couldn't even beat John Major. Although in hinsight, many Tory MPs have said winning the 1992 election was the worst thing that could have happened to them.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
She sold the countrie utilities off and created the me, me me cultuure we now suffer. Evil f***ing cow!

WATFORD O said:
Love her or hate her?

Banned the GLC:clap:

CRUSHED THE UNION SCUM EATING THE UK:clap:

Brought the UK back from its knees

Took back the falklands:clap:

Rupert Murdoch:angry:

Poll tax:angry:

:c:clap:

Four letters sums up the C***

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
at least there was a clear ideological difference between the parties back then.

Its all going distinctly middle of the road these days.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Beach Hut said:
All the lefties crawling out today.

I've got an idea - two products that are the same so let's all buy the expensive one shall we.

Economics is difficult to grasp.

And the right-wing in this country are so consistent on the application of market forces, aren't they?

Well, listen to the right-wing farming and countryside communities squealing like their own little pigs about the level of subsidies they're given.

Don't try and make out that it's only the lefties who think we should support struggling industries. It's the Tories as well. The only difference being is that the Tories only do it when it suits them. Typical.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah...and the Tories actually nationalised an industry(British Leyland,if memory serves me right) during the Heath govt. of 1970-4.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
chip said:
Best PM since Churchill.

Its funny, but the height of Tory sleaze now seems so restrained compared to what Blairs lot get up to. Instead of Hamiltons few nights in an hotel from Fayed, its £350K from the Italian PM over dodgy property deals.

The Hamiltons affair was about 'cash for questions' - taking bribes for asking questions in the Commons. An abuse of democracy.

If you can't tell that that is worse than the Jowell/Mills controversy then you're a fool.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am 59 years old and will do cartwheels down the road when she finally does the decent thing.
many of my friends lost their houses,bussinesses,family and one his live due that womans policies.
she ran this country for the rich and many of those who are now rich beyond belief made ther money in her era off the backs of the working class.
and as for crushing the unions,people should come to wales and listen to the stories of what her police done to miners and their families.
the woman is a disgrace to the human race. :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here