Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madjeski Stadium

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After yesterdays visit the good and the bad points.

Bad points:

The steps to the top tier were very steep and I got vertigo every time I stood up.

Although a complete view of the pitch, when the 8 idiots with 6 seats, in front of us didnt stand in the way was quite good. the players look like midgets.

Not a big screen at the opposite end to the away fans.

The delays in leaving the car parks which took us over 1 hour.

After football matches could the police not set the traffic lights to move the cars away quicker onto the M4.

The Good points

The number of burger vans outside on the approach to each gate all seemed to be from either the same company or run by the club caterers and were very impressive and did a roaring trade. The Amex should take note because the same could be achieved there

Sorry cant think of any more positives.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I thought it was a nice stadium - nothing more, nothing less.

The 'curry' pie I had was no spicier than my Christmas dinner the night before, and could only be described as lukewarm. Maybe I should've had a burger from one of the vans outside!
I think the Amex catering is fine as it is, they just need to increase the stock of pies, because they always seem to be sold out by half an hour before kick-off.

We had quite a decent view where we were, about 15 rows back in line with the left hand goalpost, I wasn't too fussed about there being no big screen, I prefer to watch the action!

I actually managed to get home earlier than I normally would from a game at the Amex, we got to the car park pretty quickly as we were right near an exit.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I thought the stadium is starting to look a bit tatty round the edges. Small concourses. When I first went there, I thought it was amazing but it shows how superior the amex is.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bleeding cold though. I was right at the back, row KK and the wind and rain (second half) was coming through the gap between the wall and the roof like nobodys business. Can't believe it wasn't a solid wall right up to the roof. Brrrrrrrrr

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
liked you were allowed to go outside for a cigarette at half time.
(they even had a steward holding a sign pointing the way to the smoking area !)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Due to my wife 'not having anything to wear' we got held up on the m25. I managed to drop her off in Basingstoke and get to the stadium at 2.55pm so was unable to sample the pre match delights...
At half time I popped down to get a pint and a cup of tea for the father in law. I really was impressed with the way it was run. I queued for no more than 5 minutes. They have people in the concourse with those beer back packs on walking about and two stewards holding up big arrow boards saying smoking area this way! Popped outside and there is a burger van there. A few very friendly stewards dotted about to keep an eye on everyone, I think it worked REALLY well and just goes to show how easy it would be to do the same at the Amex. Been to Reading numerous times in the past but don't remember the outside bit, maybe the last time I went was before the smoking ban came in!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wow what a first post ???

Attack one of you own on you first outing.
I'm guessing with a username like 'Hove Blade' he's an exiled Sheff Utd fan. Either that or he's got an unhealthy interest in knives.

Thought it was a valid point though. Also away fans DO tend to stand up and it's only the 'idiots' who complain.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
After yesterdays visit the good and the bad points.

Bad points:

The steps to the top tier were very steep and I got vertigo every time I stood up.

Although a complete view of the pitch, when the 8 idiots with 6 seats, in front of us didnt stand in the way was quite good. the players look like midgets.

Not a big screen at the opposite end to the away fans.

The delays in leaving the car parks which took us over 1 hour.

After football matches could the police not set the traffic lights to move the cars away quicker onto the M4.

The Good points

The number of burger vans outside on the approach to each gate all seemed to be from either the same company or run by the club caterers and were very impressive and did a roaring trade. The Amex should take note because the same could be achieved there

Sorry cant think of any more positives.

Why did you not sit lower down?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I had a women behind me yesterday who got moody and told me to sit down. I suggested she moved down the front. I was halfway up the stand, if she wanted to sit, go somewhere else. She sat the whole game listening to the radio commentary and then left in the 84 minute. Wish i had just stood the whole time to piss her off.

BINT

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I thought it was the best view I have had from behind the goal since I went to Tynecastle a few years back.

Their 'ends' are way better than the Amex.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Indeed, quite shocking.

You don't go to many away games do you? ???

Bizarrely, he does go to plenty from what I can gather.

You'd think that all that experience would teach him that for most aways you really don't have to sit in your own seat. It's quite simple really - want to stand ?, go up the back. Want to sit?, go nearer to the front.
There was plenty of room from virtually half way down the stand yesterday for all those that wanted to sit ( would have helped with the vertigo too :wink: )

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Potentially could be talking about me with "8 idiots in 6 seats" comment, although I doubt we were the only ones. The whole system needs sorting - myself and my girlfriend had row A seats, which I was not best pleased about. As I went into the stand, the elderly lady (I'd say late 70's, early 8p's) in front was being pointed to the 3rd row from the back by a steward, which she seemed very disappointed about. I quickly offered her a swap, although then realised she was by herself and there were 2 of us - and the steward chipped in and said "I'm sure you'll find a spare near the back". We didn't, so we squeezed in. Probably not strictly ok, but everyone stood throughout the game and the lady who originally had the seat would have struggled to get up there, let alone stand the whole game, so I don't feel guilty.

We've had this discussion before but the club NEEDS to organise in a very basic way how away tickets are handed out/allocated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here