Lua lua is coming

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This would for me be the biggest signing since BZ. A really crucial move. If it happens I can really see us being in the top ten at least next year. With more signings to come we are certainly going to be in the mix. No one in the Championship will have a player with Lua Lua's ability to unlock defences out of nothing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What are the origins of this expression, I seem to hear it more and more these days?

To me it sounds like we are gonna get someone to sign a contract in a big tent :lolol:

A marquee isn't just a tent, it's also the rooflike structure over the entrance to a theatre or the like, where the name of the show, or the main star's name is displayed. It's the name the theatre displays to get the punters' attention and draw them in to watch the show.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
this is the best day ever YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
This will be our marquee signing - can you imagine the roar at the Amex as Kaz steams past another weary full back.........

Totally agree. Back when there was lots of talk about our mysterious 'special' signing I said I thought it was KLL joining permanently... I certainly think this counts as 'special'! Cannot wait for next season.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am dribbling with excitement now.
If it happens, this won't be the last signing. But should give a slightly newlook team to have a full pre-season together.
Christ almighty.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
While this is all so very exciting there is a little voice in my head that keeps whispering 'fullbacks...... new centre back....... midfielder to replace Kish.....'

The Chelsea lad Michael Woods, will be the other defensive midfielder, I think.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tiver me f***ing shimbers! (and hoist the seas ug-gug-gug-gug) This is the best news since we signed Tony Meola and Brian Wade!

:clap::clap:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I really really want this to happen. There is still the hard bit to do and thats the fee. As long as Newcastle dont over price him, then he's ours.

I know EB is almost gone, but I wonder if this possible transfer and Albions ambition will make him think twice about going to Norwich and be a bench warmer. Or am I just wanting the whole cake?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Glad someone else is saying this. Just last night I said to my son, at the moment we are going to start the season with two injured centre halves and possibly only 1 defensive midfield player. I am sure Gus has plans and if not we could see some high scoring games next season.
Bridcutt? Navarro?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A marquee isn't just a tent, it's also the rooflike structure over the entrance to a theatre or the like, where the name of the show, or the main star's name is displayed. It's the name the theatre displays to get the punters' attention and draw them in to watch the show.

I know exactly what you mean, you learn something every day. I had no idea that was also called a Marquee. Thanks

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I really really want this to happen. There is still the hard bit to do and thats the fee. As long as Newcastle dont over price him, then he's ours.

I know EB is almost gone, but I wonder if this possible transfer and Albions ambition will make him think twice about going to Norwich and be a bench warmer. Or am I just wanting the whole cake?

Do we know that Gus still wants him to stay? He has been a model pro since January, but he did ask for a transfer to Norwich at a time when it looked likely we would be in the same league as them next year. I believe that Gus is keen to have players that are loyal, and wish to wear the stripes (and play for Gus) with pride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports