[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
The Athletic said it's not a typical release clause...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230531-192525~4.png
    Screenshot_20230531-192525~4.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 111

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Exactly. There is an exit clause of some kind.
Why do you think we aren't hearing 'Liverpool have had a bid turned down' and why do you think we wouldn't be looking to sell him to the highest bidder or not at all?

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The Athletic article has presumably come from Naylor so I’d guess it’s true. £55-£60m would have felt like a lot pre WC when he signed it…
It was from a piece written by David Ornstein, who also wrote a similar piece about Caicedo. Which Caicedo's agent later refuted.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
But the article from Ornstein only mentions Mac Allister. I think people just assumed.

You're right. It was just a badly worded article that was open to misinterpretation.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Tony doesn't do release clauses. That's on record. He is a billionaire who believes that release clauses give away control - and he wants to totally have that control.

Yes, someone might make things up about a release clause on twitter.

But it is almost certain that there won't be one.
We also don’t sign players in January or loan in players either apparently.

Oh…..

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Chelsea have this habit of over paying. If Caicedo goes there, we’ll be well compensated.

However, the genius move by the club is to go after a Chelsea player, publicly and first. It makes it very difficult for Chelsea to enquire about Caicedo when we can now counter every time with this: ‘let’s get Colwill sorted first and then we’ll discuss Moises’.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Caicedo can go to Chelsea but it will need to be for at least £80million plus Colwill.
Given it looks like Mac is going slightly on the cheap absolutely no need to sell Moises for anything other than top dollar.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Chelsea have this habit of over paying. If Caicedo goes there, we’ll be well compensated.

However, the genius move by the club is to go after a Chelsea player, publicly and first. It makes it very difficult for Chelsea to enquire about Caicedo when we can now counter every time with this: ‘let’s get Colwill sorted first and then we’ll discuss Moises’.
Does feel like this was part of the tactic.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Exactly. There is an exit clause of some kind.
Why do you think we aren't hearing 'Liverpool have had a bid turned down' and why do you think we wouldn't be looking to sell him to the highest bidder or not at all?
Clause or not, I'm pretty sure that we want to sell Mac Allister this summer so we're not going to be hearing 'not for sale' quotes regardless

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Chelsea seem to have pulled out of their interest in Manuel Ugarte. Unfortunately I think this may mean that Moises becomes a greater priority for them.
Chelsea have the money to progress the deal but the question mark would be whether they are what Moises wants.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Tony doesn't do release clauses. That's on record. He is a billionaire who believes that release clauses give away control - and he wants to totally have that control.

Yes, someone might make things up about a release clause on twitter.

But it is almost certain that there won't be one.

Really? So you think MacAlister's dad (who will be one feeding FR) knows less about his sons contract than some random blokes on North Stand Chat? Interesting position to take.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Chelsea seem to have pulled out of their interest in Manuel Ugarte. Unfortunately I think this may mean that Moises becomes a greater priority for them.
Chelsea have the money to progress the deal but the question mark would be whether they are what Moises wants.
I think that helps our bargaining position as they are going to become more desperate. Makes a position of no Colwill no conversation more impactful.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think that helps our bargaining position as they are going to become more desperate. Makes a position of no Colwill no conversation more impactful.
Exactly.

Chelsea wanting Caicedo is the best option for me, but I start from a position of believing he will depart this summer regardless. So, with that in mind, being sought after by a club who have a player we want can only help us get that player.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Exactly this!
No Euro football for Moises at Chelsea...BUT...without being to pedantic was it not Moises himself that said he had to think of his family back home in Ecudaor?... Chavs will pay bigger price and bigger wages. Be interesting to see his take on it now. He could get us and his family a better deal or does he really want to play for Arsenal?

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Exactly.

Chelsea wanting Caicedo is the best option for me, but I start from a position of believing he will depart this summer regardless. So, with that in mind, being sought after by a club who have a player we want can only help us get that player.
Also depends on what Colwill wants surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports