Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool fans and the Sun

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Never heard of the Moscow disaster and disgusted to read of the cover up albeit it was in the USSR. :(

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Agreed. I went for a pint in my local as I live on the Jubilee line a few stops from Wembley and they were everywhere. Why do they have to put posters up in pubs in London? Are they too thick to realise that as soon as they leave the pub the posters will just get taken down and put in the bin?

That's exactly the thing that annoys me. They probably do know the posters will be taken down but put them up anyway. Pretty much qualifies as vandalism to me. Their protestations always seem to be negative and deflect attention away from the people who have created good out of the situation e.g. charities etc.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hello All. Just logged back on and have seen that I have been well and truly ripped to shreds. I am clearly in a minority of one and have re-read the original post.
I agree that it was ill-judged and insensitive and I let my emotions run too wild. This whole business deserves a more measured and intelligent approach than the tirade that I launched into.
I hold my hands up and say categorically that I got it wrong and offer my apologies to anyone offended.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Hello All. Just logged back on and have seen that I have been well and truly ripped to shreds. I am clearly in a minority of one and have re-read the original post.
I agree that it was ill-judged and insensitive and I let my emotions run too wild. This whole business deserves a more measured and intelligent approach than the tirade that I launched into.
I hold my hands up and say categorically that I got it wrong and offer my apologies to anyone offended.
respect :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Good stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
sundrain.jpg
I don't know anything about the Sun headlines, we're they headlines made up, or was there reason to believe they could be true? (and even if true I can understand why fans think it's not what should be discussed after many lost their lives).

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
The police supplied the story to the S*n, to discredit the fans presumably to divert attention away from the police incompetence.

It was later confirmed by all families of the victims that all victims' belongings were collected, nothing was missing, no pockets were picked. No witnesses reported seeing anyone urinating, and the name of the PC supposedly beat up was never released or reported on, again no witnesses.

So yes, they were all lies. None of it was true.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I wonder how many Liverpool fans subscribe to SkySports to watch their team. Same stable as The Sun.

Of course Hillsborough was horrendous and should never be forgotten.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

If anything you've helped spread the message too!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wonder how many Liverpool fans subscribe to SkySports to watch their team. Same stable as The Sun.

You mean to tell me there was an alternative broadcaster that had wrapped up all the 'live' rights? And I missed it? Bugger! Was it S4C?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes, they were at it again yesterday, holding up anti Sun posters at Wembley. Haven't we all had a gut full of this now?
Hillsborough was a disaster..the Sun's coverage did leave something to be desired and the police did make mistakes. But ffs won't they ever move on?
You don't hear Juve fans raising the subject of Heysel every five minutes, when nearly 40 Italians were crushed to death by the actions of rampaging, out of control Liverpool fans.
Why don't some of the thousands of boozed-up ticketless Liverpool fans who turned up late at Hillsborough that day and started a riot outside to force the police to open the gates, come forward and share some of the blame?
Fat chance!
I'm just bored with it now. Like all genuine football fans we will never forget Hillsborough. We just don't want it rammed down our throats every five minutes.

There speaks the voice of someone who clearly never lost someone at Hillsborough. Pissed up scousers or not, the only thing they did they day was leave their homes to support there team in a cup semi final. Of course there was a problem outside the ground, it would have been the same with any clubs fans who thought they were going to miss kick off. The fact remains the police are there to police the game and supposed to be relied on to do the right thing. Not send dozens of people to there death.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There speaks the voice of someone who clearly never lost someone at Hillsborough. Pissed up scousers or not, the only thing they did they day was leave their homes to support there team in a cup semi final. Of course there was a problem outside the ground, it would have been the same with any clubs fans who thought they were going to miss kick off. The fact remains the police are there to police the game and supposed to be relied on to do the right thing. Not send dozens of people to there death.
this

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Murdoch launched the Sun on Sunday yesterday.
The people who bought it had to pay 50p.
The editor only had to pay a couple of coppers.

Don't give up the day job, mind you on second thought..........

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
South Yorkshire Police and Gov't lies slowly leaking out.

An establishment hatred of football & football fans at that time, led to a cover up of the death of innocent fans.

Don't blame the families whatsoever for never giving up in seeking the truth, and they are glad for the support & love of anyone.

Great Albion prog page on Saturday showed what the cerebral & caring Albion fans think.

Save your bitching for enemies of the Albion. Surely the 6-1 hasn't left you bitter for life.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
:ffsparr:
What a strange post.

sundrain.jpg

THE TRUTH. If we lost 96 sons, fathers, daughters, mothers at the Amex and the Scum had this as their front page 4 days afterwards would you forgive them??
Jesus. It was the weekend of the new Sunday Sun. Pefect opportunity really.

Yes, there were mistakes by a lot of people, the Sun have no excuse - they just used football fans deaths to sell papers. Enjoy the read.

This

JF96

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Ruppie does gives quite a few Scousers a job though at his Prescott on Merseyside press. Not completely a bad lad..

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here