Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool fans and the Sun

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Sun is an awful, hideous and pathetic rag of a paper. I whole heartedly support anyone who is against it.

PS I have a very nice "f*** The Sun" Steve Bell cartoon on my hall wall.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I support anyone who is anti - Sun newspaper - pathetic excuse for a daily rag.

This.

Anyway, it's freedom of speech. They can hold up as many posters as they wish. Ever wondered that there may have been more out yesterday due to the opening edition of the Sun on Sunday?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i was anti sun on saturday...was in my eyes during the first half..i held up my anti sun hand..hmm..hav i wandered off topic

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
:ffsparr:
What a strange post.

sundrain.jpg

THE TRUTH. If we lost 96 sons, fathers, daughters, mothers at the Amex and the Scum had this as their front page 4 days afterwards would you forgive them??
Jesus. It was the weekend of the new Sunday Sun. Pefect opportunity really.

Yes, there were mistakes by a lot of people, the Sun have no excuse - they just used football fans deaths to sell papers. Enjoy the read.
This. This. this

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yes, they were at it again yesterday, holding up anti Sun posters at Wembley. Haven't we all had a gut full of this now?
Hillsborough was a disaster..the Sun's coverage did leave something to be desired and the police did make mistakes. But ffs won't they ever move on?
You don't hear Juve fans raising the subject of Heysel every five minutes, when nearly 40 Italians were crushed to death by the actions of rampaging, out of control Liverpool fans.
Why don't some of the thousands of boozed-up ticketless Liverpool fans who turned up late at Hillsborough that day and started a riot outside to force the police to open the gates, come forward and share some of the blame?
Fat chance!
I'm just bored with it now. Like all genuine football fans we will never forget Hillsborough. We just don't want it rammed down our throats every five minutes.
Never forget Hillsborough? You seem very keen to. This post is pointless, ill informed, disrespectful to the dead & their families and just plain wrong :dunce:

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Yes, they were at it again yesterday, holding up anti Nazi posters at Auschwitz. Haven't we all had a gut full of this now?

The Final Solution was a disaster, Hitler's Press Machine's coverage did leave something to be desired and the SS did make mistakes. But ffs won't they ever move on?

Why don't some of the thousands of moneylending, small business orientated Jews who exploited the Treaty of Versailles after WW1 come forward and share some of the blame?

I'm just bored with it now.

Like all genuine people who have watched Schinder's List we will never forget the concentration camps. We just don't want it rammed down our throats every five minutes.

Strength through joy

Wise words mate, now it's time for Bachman Turner Overdrive

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
:ffsparr:
What a strange post.

sundrain.jpg

THE TRUTH. If we lost 96 sons, fathers, daughters, mothers at the Amex and the Scum had this as their front page 4 days afterwards would you forgive them??
Jesus. It was the weekend of the new Sunday Sun. Pefect opportunity really.

Yes, there were mistakes by a lot of people, the Sun have no excuse - they just used football fans deaths to sell papers. Enjoy the read.

And this again.

I remember seeing that front page and was so ANGRY as a football fan because it was so clearly not true. No-one would do that, no fans would have done that.

I hate the Sun for that piece of trash and totally understand why Liverpool fans would use yesterday to remind people about it.

Unforgiveable piece of 'writing', especially to call it 'the TRUTH' just because some Police source said it when they were trying desperately to cover their backs. ANY football fan should see that.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This is the one subject with I agree with the Liverpool fans, I don't blame them for having an anti-Sun sentiment, it's coverage of Hillsborough was a disgrace.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Sun is an odious scumrag owned by an even more odious arsehole & the scousers are perfectly entitled to keep reminding people of their Hillsborough coverage.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Yes, they were at it again yesterday, holding up anti Sun posters at Wembley. Haven't we all had a gut full of this now?
Hillsborough was a disaster..the Sun's coverage did leave something to be desired and the police did make mistakes. But ffs won't they ever move on?
You don't hear Juve fans raising the subject of Heysel every five minutes, when nearly 40 Italians were crushed to death by the actions of rampaging, out of control Liverpool fans.
Why don't some of the thousands of boozed-up ticketless Liverpool fans who turned up late at Hillsborough that day and started a riot outside to force the police to open the gates, come forward and share some of the blame?
Fat chance!
I'm just bored with it now. Like all genuine football fans we will never forget Hillsborough. We just don't want it rammed down our throats every five minutes.

Yeah and I wish they'd stop banging on about the holocaust in the last war aswell...Not as though anyone died is it?
:facepalm:

Seriously, how would you feel if instead of Liverpoool, it was BHA and members of YOUR family had been crushed to death and then you read in that scum of an excuse of a NEWSpaper wrote that they were drunken football hooligans who deserved what they got?

I guess also that if you're going to post something like this, then you're also going to forgive Belotti & Archer?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
good on them. That story defies belief in how low it stooped.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The Sun is an odious scumrag owned by an even more odious arsehole & the scousers are perfectly entitled to keep reminding people of their Hillsborough coverage.

100 % this.

With the ongoing Leveson enquiry, hopefully the screw will be turning on this obnoxious rag & a few of their lowlife hacks will end up doing a spot of time at one of Queenie's finest nicks. Hopefully, that smug scumbag Piers Morgan will be one of them.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
understand that in life it sometimes makes coping with tragedy a little easier if you have a focus for the rage that naturally follows. Allow them that. It doesn't hurt you but their hurt will never pass.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The Sun, and by extension News International, is a cancer on the British body politic. Why any football fan buys that paper after Hillsbrough is beyond me, but there do seem to be a lot of people willing to forgive Murdoch's lies and constant pandering to the lowest common denominator as long as he continues to serve up a diet of tits on page 3 and illegally-obtained stories about d-list actors and child murder victims.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Well , were ypu still protesting against archer and belotti in , say , 2007. That was 11 years after the sale of the Goldstone!

And it did not "leave something to be desired"!!. It was downright lies (which even kelvin Mckenzie has since admitted) from South Yorkshire police which no one at the paper had the sense to try and corroborate. as a trained hack I was always told to "check, check.. and check again". obviously News International is now ,finally, starting to reap what it sowed. Don't ever forget. 96 people went to watch a football match. 96 people never came home.
220px-Hillsborough_disaster_Sun.jpg

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
The Sun, and by extension News International, is a cancer on the British body politic. Why any football fan buys that paper after Hillsbrough is beyond me, but there do seem to be a lot of people willing to forgive Murdoch's lies and constant pandering to the lowest common denominator as long as he continues to serve up a diet of tits on page 3 and illegally-obtained stories about d-list actors and child murder victims.
This - with big, chiming bells on

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
People from Liverpool annoy the f*** out of me with their constant self-pity. On this subject however, they have every right to carry on their anti-Sun campaign. Absolutely shocking journalism

Totally agree, scousers annoy the f*** out of me too but we are talking about 96 lives that were lost followed by total lies in The Sun, how can this ever be forgotten? It still brought a lump to my throat looking at the memorial at Anfield last week looking at the young ages of so many that died that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here