Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool fans and the Sun

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes, they were at it again yesterday, holding up anti Sun posters at Wembley. Haven't we all had a gut full of this now?
Hillsborough was a disaster..the Sun's coverage did leave something to be desired and the police did make mistakes. But ffs won't they ever move on?
You don't hear Juve fans raising the subject of Heysel every five minutes, when nearly 40 Italians were crushed to death by the actions of rampaging, out of control Liverpool fans.
Why don't some of the thousands of boozed-up ticketless Liverpool fans who turned up late at Hillsborough that day and started a riot outside to force the police to open the gates, come forward and share some of the blame?
Fat chance!
I'm just bored with it now. Like all genuine football fans we will never forget Hillsborough. We just don't want it rammed down our throats every five minutes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No one NO ONE does self pity like a scouser. Its the LAW.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agreed. I went for a pint in my local as I live on the Jubilee line a few stops from Wembley and they were everywhere. Why do they have to put posters up in pubs in London? Are they too thick to realise that as soon as they leave the pub the posters will just get taken down and put in the bin?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Come on Mo get off the fence and let us know where you stand on this

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yes I'm sure all those families and friends who lost their loved ones are bored of thinking of it!!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
the Sun's coverage did leave something to be desired and the police did make mistakes.

master of the understatement

in other news, Lord Haw Haw was a bit misguided and Mussolini was easily led.

Perhaps they feel the need to keep saying it because every time this subject comes up people tend to gloss over the real details of the day. The comments about thousands of liverpool fans turning up ticketless and drunk has proven to be a massive exaggeration. The Taylor inquiry covered that in painful, minute detail.

The story run by the Sun of people urinating on dead bodies and picking pockets was proven not to even be slightly accurate.

The police managed to hmm hmm 'lose' all the cctv from the control box which would have clearly shown the view and information that Duckenfield had at the time he made the choices he did. That's not a mistake, that's downright criminal conspiracy.

So for every person that learns a bit more about the day and the events then the masses from Self pity City will feel they've done their job.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Wow, off you go down to the Goldstone retail park and get yourself a sofa. Hang on that was 15 years ago time to forget about it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
master of the understatement

in other news, Lord Haw Haw was a bit misguided and Mussolini was easily led.

Perhaps they feel the need to keep saying it because every time this subject comes up people tend to gloss over the real details of the day. The comments about thousands of liverpool fans turning up ticketless and drunk has proven to be a massive exaggeration. The Taylor inquiry covered that in painful, minute detail.

The story run by the Sun of people urinating on dead bodies and picking pockets was proven not to even be slightly accurate.

The police managed to hmm hmm 'lose' all the cctv from the control box which would have clearly shown the view and information that Duckenfield had at the time he made the choices he did. That's not a mistake, that's downright criminal conspiracy.

So for every person that learns a bit more about the day and the events then the masses from Self pity City will feel they've done their job.

100% spot on. I wouldn't buy the Sun and I have no connection with Scouseland.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Moaning put upon scousers, with an axe to grind, shocker.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, they were at it again yesterday, holding up anti Sun posters at Wembley. Haven't we all had a gut full of this now?
Hillsborough was a disaster..the Sun's coverage did leave something to be desired and the police did make mistakes. But ffs won't they ever move on?
You don't hear Juve fans raising the subject of Heysel every five minutes, when nearly 40 Italians were crushed to death by the actions of rampaging, out of control Liverpool fans.
Why don't some of the thousands of boozed-up ticketless Liverpool fans who turned up late at Hillsborough that day and started a riot outside to force the police to open the gates, come forward and share some of the blame?
Fat chance!
I'm just bored with it now. Like all genuine football fans we will never forget Hillsborough. We just don't want it rammed down our throats every five minutes.

Do you know what happened at Hillsborough and Heysel? I'm inclined to believe your knowledge extends no further than what you've read in The Sun.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Moaning put upon scousers, with an axe to grind, shocker.

but when you see the errors they are constantly correcting, is it any surprise?

It's much worse than the annoyance we feel whenever somebody says 'it's your own fault you were homeless as you sold your ground with nowhere to go' or the fury on here over the ITFC banner at the weekend. We feel we have to correct mistruths and so do they, the difference being that many more people believe the rubbish written and said about Hillsborough and people died.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
You talk bollocks mate. I don't remember the headlines about Liverpool fans rioting before the gates were opened. Must have happened in your own imaginary world you live in.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was at wembley yesterday and the real passion for Justice for the 96, and revulsion at the Sun was clear to see. The Sun ran an entirely inaccurate report on what happened at Hillsborough. They fabricated a story. Can you believe that? The Sun?

And yesterday The Sun on Sunday was launched (replacing the news of the world for News International). The Murdoch empire does what it wants, when it wants and there is never any real comeback.

Any football fan worth their salt should support the LFC grievances against The Sun. Let's just hope that the day does not come when The Sun is printing gross inaccuracies against our club.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Fat chance!

:ffsparr:
What a strange post.

sundrain.jpg

THE TRUTH. If we lost 96 sons, fathers, daughters, mothers at the Amex and the Scum had this as their front page 4 days afterwards would you forgive them??
Jesus. It was the weekend of the new Sunday Sun. Pefect opportunity really.

Yes, there were mistakes by a lot of people, the Sun have no excuse - they just used football fans deaths to sell papers. Enjoy the read.

regardless of what I think of the Hillsborough/Sun situation, I can't help thinking the amount of coverage given by the TV companies to fans holding up posters with "The Sun" logo across the top would have resulted in more people being reminded to buy the new Sunday Sun than encouraging anyone to boycott it

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Having not lost any family members at Hillsborough I can sort of understand where the OP comes from. However, I of course cannot agree with it.
I have always thought that if you did something wrong you should apologise for it. The s*n, lied. Liverpool fans did not pilfer the pockets of the dead. Liverpool fans did not piss on the bodies of the dead.
I saw the owners of the NOTW on national TV apologising for phone tapping.
Why is it so hard for them to say sorry to the families of the 96? It will never change the attitude towards that wrag, but it might allow people to move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here