Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is he there yet?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Lewis may well be of interest to Chelsea, but it will be a similar situation to whats happening with them signing a left back. It has been widely reported that they want to sign Ben Chillwell for probably north of £60million, and they still might, but its also been reported that they're trying to sign Sergio Reguilon from Sevilla who would be a cheaper option for £20/25million. At centre back they'll have a similar list of options, all different price brackets, and somewhere in that list may be our Lewis. It was reported that Declan rice was on their radar to use as centre back but West Ham want near to £80million & even last night the Sun ran a story that Chelsea have now turned their attention to Jose Gimenez from Athletico Madrid for £60m. Basically Lewis is probably part of a long list of options for them, but at the moment its impossible to tell who they'll actually sign.

I would also say that with clubs like Chelsea/United/City who have mega money the rate of having 'an interest' in a player & then cooling that interest to move onto another player is much quicker than a club like us. We had been monitoring Veltman for 2 years apparently, but with the bigger clubs their interest in signing a player from little old Brighton will come and go in weeks. Dunk could be yesterdays news to them, we have no idea...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Chelsea need to sell before they can buy. Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger, both centre backs, are on the sale list to free up the purchase of a new CB. They want to flog Alonso to pay for Reguilon/Chilwell if they want to splash out. They want a new goalkeeper to replace the sweeper they've been playing in goal, but again, they need to sell him to replace him. Their business is probably going to drag on all summer, so we're probably going to be stuck with a Dunk saga throughout the whole window.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The other issue that Chelsea have is that they surely have to offload at least one of their CBs, all of whom will be on decent wedge.That's not going to be a doddle

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
I reckom it went more like, "Sign for us and you'll get a good bit of gme time. If you have a couple of great seasons and someone comes in with big bucks for you, we won't stand in your way". That would swing it for me, if I was lucky enough to be in young Lamptey's position.

As for "Why can’t we be the new Leicester?" - maybe one day, but just consider how many years Leicester have been in the top flight compared to us. Years more PL money too - it makes a hell of a difference.

Leicester won the Premiere in their 2nd season [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Lewis may well be of interest to Chelsea, but it will be a similar situation to whats happening with them signing a left back. It has been widely reported that they want to sign Ben Chillwell for probably north of £60million, and they still might, but its also been reported that they're trying to sign Sergio Reguilon from Sevilla who would be a cheaper option for £20/25million. At centre back they'll have a similar list of options, all different price brackets, and somewhere in that list may be our Lewis. It was reported that Declan rice was on their radar to use as centre back but West Ham want near to £80million & even last night the Sun ran a story that Chelsea have now turned their attention to Jose Gimenez from Athletico Madrid for £60m. Basically Lewis is probably part of a long list of options for them, but at the moment its impossible to tell who they'll actually sign.

I would also say that with clubs like Chelsea/United/City who have mega money the rate of having 'an interest' in a player & then cooling that interest to move onto another player is much quicker than a club like us. We had been monitoring Veltman for 2 years apparently, but with the bigger clubs their interest in signing a player from little old Brighton will come and go in weeks. Dunk could be yesterdays news to them, we have no idea...

This is how I see it too. It could happen, but there's a huge number of moving parts. I expect Chelsea have enquired to check our asking price and I expect they can meet it, but only if they sell first and I don't expect Dunk is top of their list.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This Being reported here https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/live-chelsea-transfer-news-havertz-18723731

Source, some footie podcast?

dunk.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Chelsea need to sell before they can buy. Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger, both centre backs, are on the sale list to free up the purchase of a new CB. They want to flog Alonso to pay for Reguilon/Chilwell if they want to splash out. They want a new goalkeeper to replace the sweeper they've been playing in goal, but again, they need to sell him to replace him. Their business is probably going to drag on all summer, so we're probably going to be stuck with a Dunk saga throughout the whole window.

Yes - we're only a week into the transfer window. Another two months to go!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
From what I have read Chelsea seem to be prioritising Declan Rice and Ben Chilwell not sure where Lewis Dunk comes into that equation.

Gimenez from Atletico is widely rumoured as their top target at ~£60mil. Maybe they will see Dunk as a 'budget option' if they can't get him. Or maybe they're just planning to get Rice and use him at CB, who knows.

I’ve resisted commenting too much on this thread, but no, I am NOT, nor ever have been an ‘attention seeking prat’.

All I said was that ‘it was in the cards’, ‘talks on hold til season is over’, and ‘3 people have told me the same’
I never personally said ‘he’s definitely going’, even if the inclination of the people who told me suggests that he is.
I DO get some in the know info, and I rarely say anything. I wish I’d taken the same stance this time.

Some people would have you believe I was the worst type of Brighton fan have ever had, and it’s utter bollocks to think that of me.

As Keegan would say, I would love it if my sources have all got it wrong and he stays... but don’t label me as some kind of f*cking stirring idiot, because I’m absolutely not.

haha ok mate. Don't get your knickers in a twist, this wasn't aimed primarily at yourself. Just fans who say they know what is going on due to what's being said, most of the time, just rumours.

Do you ACTUALLY, get some in the know info, though?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
From my experience on here Jam The Man has been the most ITK poster on here re transfers.... not 100% right On all rumours but often enough to know that he has an inside source.
Having said that ITK doesn’t mean that Dunk is going, it’s more that Chelsea have probably approached us and there may be/ have been discussions.
However, it all comes down to money and it seems as if Chelsea have to sell before they buy. Therefore who knows at this stage. However, I don’t think it’s right to pick on Jam The Man based on his previous rumours.

I would say [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] was the most ITK poster on here

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It was their 54th. season in the top division (13th. in the PL). I make that considerably more than ours, both in terms of top flight experience and PL wealth garnered.

The point was surely that it was Leicester's second season back in the Premier League after ten seasons out of it, including a visit to League One. They would have got less than £20m in parachute payments back in 2004, so 'PL wealth' was much less of a factor in their title win than good recruitment - Vardy, Kante, Mahrez etc - fantastic luck with injuries and further good fortune in that most of the big six all had relatively poor seasons..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The point was surely that it was Leicester's second season back in the Premier League after ten seasons out of it, including a visit to League One. They would have got less than £20m in parachute payments back in 2004, so 'PL wealth' was much less of a factor in their title win than good recruitment - Vardy, Kante, Mahrez etc - fantastic luck with injuries and further good fortune in that most of the big six all had relatively poor seasons..
Compared to our grand total of four seasons, 34 years ago. Surprised you can't see the difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here