Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Tomori going out on loan to foreign league according to naylor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes Southgate's choice of Tomori over Dunk even more insulting when he cynically brought him on against Kosovo in the Euros to tie him to England.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Any money that if Dunk goes to Chelsea he’s immediately added to the next England squad?

It’s so inevitable that questions should be asked, but they won’t.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had a crap ITK summer in 2019

Wouldn’t even bother answering Spence - he’s just after attention as usual. But as for wedgee you’ve paid him a huge compliment limiting it to one summer. He has never once broken an ‘exclusive’ - only guessed - and never once got a guess right! It was why the ‘signing a player today’ thread got hi jacked by us taking the piss to show how easy it is to guess and pretend to be itk...

Shit just realised this is the Dunk thread and I bounced it :facepalm:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
A new sub forum titled: ‘The Bed Wetters Transfer Pit’ definitely needed for threads like this, a safe space where like-minded neurotics can pointlessness wallow over this fictional crap while the sun shines outside, plus another titled ‘Never Gonna Happen Pit’ for any threads on Ainsley Maitland-Niles, for the fantasists amongst us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A new sub forum titled: ‘The Bed Wetters Transfer Pit’ definitely needed for threads like this, a safe space where like-minded neurotics can pointlessness wallow over this fictional crap while the sun shines outside, plus another titled ‘Never Gonna Happen Pit’ for any threads on Ainsley Maitland-Niles, for the fantasists amongst us.

First bit, spot on. Second, no reason why we shouldn’t sign him, he’s not first choice at Arsenal and we’re prem league. Lallana a far bigger coup that AMN would be in terms of ‘names’...!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The Athletic have a daily transfer tracker update, and today it is discussing Tomori possibly heading to Rennes on loan from Chelsea.
Part of the article then goes on to say:

Chelsea want to improve their defence by signing a centre back. West Ham’s Declan Rice is their first choice for the role, even though he plays as a midfielder for their London rivals, but other back-up options include Atletico Madrid’s Jose Gimenez, Brighton’s Lewis Dunk and Burnley’s James Tarkowski.

Transfer news tracker: Chelsea discussing Fikayo Tomori loan with Rennes

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Athletic have a daily transfer tracker update, and today it is discussing Tomori possibly heading to Rennes on loan from Chelsea.
Part of the article then goes on to say:

Chelsea want to improve their defence by signing a centre back. West Ham’s Declan Rice is their first choice for the role, even though he plays as a midfielder for their London rivals, but other back-up options include Atletico Madrid’s Jose Gimenez, Brighton’s Lewis Dunk and Burnley’s James Tarkowski.

Transfer news tracker: Chelsea discussing Fikayo Tomori loan with Rennes

Can deal with that. Hardly news really - I guess Arsenal, Man Utd etc all have Dunk on their radar this Summer as a possible. Hardly ‘on the cards’ like this whole silly thread was about.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
When Tony sticks a high price tag on Dunky I suspect Chelsea will look elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Gut feeling on this is that Chelsea may be interested or were at some point, but im sure nearly all the top 6 have been at some point & it certainly doesnt feel like he's anywhere near a move in the coming days. There's too many ifs & buts & maybes going on... Dunk may go to chelsea, if they manage to shift some of their deadwood, and if they cant get a deal done for their top centre back target, and if they've got any money left after possible Havertz & Chillwell deals, and if they meet our asking price, and if he wants to go.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he is going, I do suspect it’ll be after we’ve signed our FWD/WNG/LWB/AMN targets.

Tony “Can I have Ainsley for £15m.”

Chief Gooner “You‘ll need to offer a lot more than that.”

Tony “O.K, £18m?”

Chief Gooner “**** Off! You’ve just sold Dunk for £40m, come on, hand it all over.”

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If he is going, I do suspect it’ll be after we’ve signed our FWD/WNG/LWB/AMN targets.

Tony “Can I have Ainsley for £15m.”

Chief Gooner “You‘ll need to offer a lot more than that.”

Tony “O.K, £18m?”

Chief Gooner “**** Off! You’ve just sold Dunk for £40m, come on, hand it all over.”

Tony "£18.1m?"

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I haven't read a single comment on here, including the opening salvo. However, I have never felt more comfortable about Dunky going as I do now. The quality we have at centre back is astounding. Ben White, player of the year at promoted Leeds, Matt Clarke, player of the year at Derby. Plus our players here already. I would be sad to see Dunky go but if he went for a progressive club with European credentials and at a good price, well, we'd have to say he's been a loyal and faithful servant, and we could get anywhere between 40-60 mill for him. If he goes it doesn't weaken the squad. However I would like him to stay.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I haven't read a single comment on here, including the opening salvo. However, I have never felt more comfortable about Dunky going as I do now. The quality we have at centre back is astounding. Ben White, player of the year at promoted Leeds, Matt Clarke, player of the year at Derby. Plus our players here already. I would be sad to see Dunky go but if he went for a progressive club with European credentials and at a good price, well, we'd have to say he's been a loyal and faithful servant, and we could get anywhere between 40-60 mill for him. If he goes it doesn't weaken the squad. However I would like him to stay.

Yes it does weaken the squad. He is without doubt the best CB at the club. Head and shoulders above anybody else. If he goes we have cover but nobody of his quality.

He is one player above all i would hate to lose but i wouldn't begrudge him a huge payday at Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here