Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
It's the farming equivalent of fattening pigs for market and all clubs do it to varying degrees, even the Liverpools and Chelskis of this world.

Top of the food chain Real Madrid and Barca, and I do take some perverse pleasure in knowing that the Spanish giants can and do plunder Liverpool’s first team whenever they feel like it.
:lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Top of the food chain Real Madrid and Barca, and I do take some perverse pleasure in knowing that the Spanish giants can and do plunder Liverpool’s first team whenever they feel like it.
:lolol:

They can still often pay bigger bucks than our top 4, but right now Liverpool are a better side than either Spanish club

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Even Liverpool had to let Suarez and Coutinho go when there was big money on the table, and the player wanted to leave.
If the money is right and Dunk wants to test himself at the highest level, I don't think the club should stand in his way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even Liverpool had to let Suarez and Coutinho go when there was big money on the table, and the player wanted to leave.
If the money is right and Dunk wants to test himself at the highest level, I don't think the club should stand in his way.

And Ronaldo from Manure (after staying for one season more than he wanted).

Players being held as highly paid prisoners is rare in the modern game.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The player has to be good enough for starters, so that's not many of them. But I'll start with Ulloa.

So long ago and a big mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Players being held as highly paid prisoners is rare in the modern game.

#FreeWilf #Justice4SEGW #zahaboohoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is he there yet?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Could the author of this Argus article give me, or NSC credit please (you’re clearly lurking):

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18630648.dunk-chelsea---fans-spot-possible-clue-transfer-saga/

This is actually by far the biggest indicator. The fact that the Albion haven't included in their marketing the most popular player at the club makes it very reasonable to assume he's on his way.

I salute Vagabond for his detective work and would place my pile of chips on his side of the roulette table.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is actually by far the biggest indicator. The fact that the Albion haven't included in their marketing the most popular player at the club makes it very reasonable to assume he's on his way.

I salute Vagabond for his detective work and would place my pile of chips on his side of the roulette table.

Still think that’s 2+2=5 - he was in all the stuff last year - they’re just freshening it up. Sure, he may go, but there’s still no credible source and I doubt even if it is on the cards, the Albion couldn’t say yet if it will go through or happen - let alone weeks ago when they decided who models the new kit. Lots of scaremongering and an Argus article now based on one fans tweet...!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Lots of scaremongering and an Argus article now based on one fans tweet...!

I'm saying that I'm happy to ignore that and believe that by not featuring Lewis in it's marketing is a very solid indicator.

It's like United not using Rashford, Spurs not using Kane or Liverpool using Salah.
If Lewis was definitely staying I think he'd be included.
(some think he wouldn't necessarily be included, which is also a reasonable view).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
3) Because what the club does has huge significance on others thinking about signing for the the club. All of whom will harbour ambitions of top 4

However I can contest point 3. So you believe that players will want to sign for us, because we want to be a top four side and yet are happy to sell one of our best players to a rival team because he supports them!

You appear to have completely misunderstood point 3! We won't be paying £100M for top 6 ready players. What we will be looking for is young players with ambition looking to make a break into the PL. hhoping to prove themselves and attrct attention from a top 6 club.

If a top 6 club comes in with a decent bid, we make a profit and the player moves on; that's win win. Young talent will see us as a real potential stepping stine to that really mega deal.

If on the other hand we are seen to take the line, "No you bloody can't go to Man. City for £150K a week and play in the Champions League - you're on a £20K a week contract here for another three years. Suck it up" we ain't going to get many takers.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You appear to have completely misunderstood point 3! We won't be paying £100M for top 6 ready players. What we will be looking for is young players with ambition looking to make a break into the PL. hhoping to prove themselves and attrct attention from a top 6 club.

If a top 6 club comes in with a decent bid, we make a profit and the player moves on; that's win win. Young talent will see us as a real potential stepping stine to that really mega deal.

If on the other hand we are seen to take the line, "No you bloody can't go to Man. City for £150K a week and play in the Champions League - you're on a £20K a week contract here for another three years. Suck it up" we ain't going to get many takers.

Or, we could attempt to break into the exclusive club like those upstarts Leicester...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here