Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sorry, but this afternoon is absolutely bullshit. Why do we NEVER learn? Starting this season with a weaker team than we finished last season is unforgivable for a club that claims to be aiming for promotion. We needed to strengthen just to compete for the top six again. We are at least FOUR players short, and all Bloom talks about is "hopefully getting a couple in by the end of August". People have been so brainwashed that they actually see players like Lopez and Upson as new signings. Well they're not, they were included in the side that got us to fourth. We've wasted a whole summer changing one ponce of a manager for another, and it'll be the same old shit all over again. We'll look pretty at times but we've still only got one player who can score a goal, we've still got tarts who waste every opportunity they are presented with, we've still got Ashley ****ing Barnes starting, we've still got a bunch of old men at the back, we've still got bottlers who concede last-minute goals and things are arguably even worse now as we've got a total waste of human life in Crofts in midfield. We're MILES away, not even close this season I reckon. 14th if we're lucky, and I wish that was a wind-up.

Can't wait to bounce this truckload of bullshit. WW put you up to that, did he?
The hell's your problem with Barnes?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Last season we DREW (edit, damn!) far, far too many games. Clearly Oscar isn't going to let that happen this season, and he took the gamble putting 2 wingers on at the end - increasing the chances of a goal being scored at either end. If we'd scored, we'd all be delighted.

Keep this up all season though, and we'll win half of them and lose half of them - gaining 2 points every time it goes our way, and losing 1 point every time it doesn't. Overall, we're up - and by enough that last season it would have seen us go up in second place.

I like Oscar.

Me too and I like your logic:) I believe we will finish top 6 and if we can get good LB, CB and striker on loan automatic promotion is achievable.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And next season we'll have about 12k once everyone gets fed up with this club and its horrible lack of ambition. Those numbers won't stay around for a FOURTH consecutive season of flattering to deceive.

No we won't.
Are your fingers actually connected to your brain?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Barnes is so infuriating because he's not so obviously terrible that he gets dropped/sold, nor is he good enough to justify a place in a top Championship team. Therefore he stays and we have the same old glorious failure of a season as we've had in the last two years. I've nothing against him compared to some, but he just seems to sum up our happiness to remain a 7/10 team.

Glorious failure is finishing 4th, is it? Bring on glorious failure please!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Good enough as a back-up striker for Ulloa but its no coincidence that we rarely get results when Barnes plays in his unfavoured position on either wing.

He didn't mention the wing part, did he? Just bemoaned that Barnes started at all I thought

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here