Leeds United vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last season we DREW (edit, damn!) far, far too many games. Clearly Oscar isn't going to let that happen this season, and he took the gamble putting 2 wingers on at the end - increasing the chances of a goal being scored at either end. If we'd scored, we'd all be delighted.

Keep this up all season though, and we'll win half of them and lose half of them - gaining 2 points every time it goes our way, and losing 1 point every time it doesn't. Overall, we're up - and by enough that last season it would have seen us go up in second place.

I like Oscar.

Last season we didn't lose a game where we scored first. A draw would have been a good result today.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sorry, but this afternoon is absolutely bullshit. Why do we NEVER learn? Starting this season with a weaker team than we finished last season is unforgivable for a club that claims to be aiming for promotion. We needed to strengthen just to compete for the top six again. We are at least FOUR players short, and all Bloom talks about is "hopefully getting a couple in by the end of August". People have been so brainwashed that they actually see players like Lopez and Upson as new signings. Well they're not, they were included in the side that got us to fourth. We've wasted a whole summer changing one ponce of a manager for another, and it'll be the same old shit all over again. We'll look pretty at times but we've still only got one player who can score a goal, we've still got tarts who waste every opportunity they are presented with, we've still got Ashley ****ing Barnes starting, we've still got a bunch of old men at the back, we've still got bottlers who concede last-minute goals and things are arguably even worse now as we've got a total waste of human life in Crofts in midfield. We're MILES away, not even close this season I reckon. 14th if we're lucky, and I wish that was a wind-up.

You really are a clown of epic proportions. Try getting laid it might take some of the anger away

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
From someone who's just got on the train at Leeds: We looked good in spells. Orlandi had a good shot tipped over early on, then Leeds took control for about 10 mins. They didn't have any clear chances but our goal was definitely against the run of play. We looked much stronger in the second half and it was good to see positive substitutions. Buckley's 1st touch was to cut back inside and put a perfect ball across the edge of the box for Crofts, but he side footed it instead of putting his boot through it. Still required a good save and then again from the follow up (Calde I think). Buckley had a great chance from KLL cross himself. Agustien looked solid and played a couple of nice balls out to the wings.

Could have gone either way - a draw wouldn't have been an unfair result, but I'd prefer to lose one and win one that draw two. Anyone having a spaz over losing away in our first proper game with a new boss needs to get a grip.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Brian McDermott was very complimentary about us in his post match interview. We'll take our frustrations out on Newport and Derby over the coming days.

Keep the faith :albion2:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
People can argue and insult all they like

And they will, all the time you post attention-seeking nonsense like you have in this thread. Or this one: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?171378-Poyet-is-a-joke-we-re-going-down

Learn from your mistakes you utter cretin. You are not a wise footballing sage. You are not an intellectual authority on football tactics or investment. You post this shit time and time again, and are proved wrong, time and time again. You have predicted our doom at every turn for years - and yet we've improved, year on year. You know nothing. Your opinion is worth nothing. You may well be a follower of BHAFC but you're not a supporter. Not by a long shot. I'd make one suggestion - the season isn't over yet, it only just started. Shut up with your TEDIOUS rants and perhaps give the new boss more than 90 minutes before writing off a season, or alternatively, piss off and support Crawley. You're not wanted here.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Just said on SSN the Leeds late winner cost some bloke £250k as he had 1-1 as the last result on his super 6 prediction

Now that is gutting

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Last season we didn't lose a game where we scored first. A draw would have been a good result today.

...because once we'd conceded an equaliser, we settled for the draw. We drew EIGHTEEN games - I'd have happily sacrificed the never-lost-when-scoring-first record if we also occasionally went up the other end and scored a winner...

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
People can argue and insult all they like, but I'll make one final suggestion. Take a look at the starting line-ups of QPR, Reading, Forest, Watford and Wigan today. Then tell me whether Crofts, Bruno, Greer, Calderon and Barnes would even get on their BENCH. They wouldn't, yet they all START for us. You can bleat about parachute payments all you like, but if we want to get promotion this is what we're up against, and sadly we're a long way off their pace.

By the sounds of it, Calderon had a great game? Or are you just finding something else to moan about?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
You really are a clown of epic proportions. Try getting laid it might take some of the anger away

Chances of that are less than zero. The running commentary criticising her technique and lack of invention would scare the girl away.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
And they will, all the time you post attention-seeking nonsense like you have in this thread. Or this one: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?171378-Poyet-is-a-joke-we-re-going-down

Learn from your mistakes you utter cretin. You are not a wise footballing sage. You are not an intellectual authority on football tactics or investment. You post this shit time and time again, and are proved wrong, time and time again. You have predicted our doom at every turn for years - and yet we've improved, year on year. You know nothing. Your opinion is worth nothing. You may well be a follower of BHAFC but you're not a supporter. Not by a long shot. I'd make one suggestion - the season isn't over yet, it only just started. Shut up with your TEDIOUS rants and perhaps give the new boss more than 90 minutes before writing off a season, or alternatively, piss off and support Crawley. You're not wanted here.

:lolol: superb

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Colchester 5 Norwich 0 a few years ago in the 1st game of a season
Palace lost at least three games at the start of last season
Albion lost to a late goal last year

2 out of 3 of those teams got promoted the same season

It's a bit gutting to lose to a dodgy goal in the final minute but it was the first game of the season not the last.

Whinging and predicting doom is just plain pathetic, impossible to take people like that seriously.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just showed the goals on SSN, nice finish from Leo, unfortunate from Kuszczak for their first goal and looked like handball for their second.

that could have been a post from last season
only one game in so no panic yet
10 games in and we will see
we will see I hope a solid team with interchanging players who can all read the game as Oscar see's it :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Colchester 5 Norwich 0 a few years ago in the 1st game of a season
Palace lost at least three games at the start of last season
Albion lost to a late goal last year

2 out of 3 of those teams got promoted the same season

It's a bit gutting to lose to a dodgy goal in the final minute but it was the first game of the season not the last.

Whinging and predicting doom is just plain pathetic, impossible to take people like that seriously.

Definitely....

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
The new coaching needs time to bed in plus I am sure we will see a couple of new faces before the end of the month lets see how we are after ten games as Mr Adams use to say it's a marathon not a sprint

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Loved that. I'm now regretting replacing 'you're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak' as my signature, since it is all one needs as a reply some times. However I replaced it with a link to the video clip. Suggest cutting and pasting for future use - slightly more succinct than you very erudite declamation. I agree 110% that to complain already about the state of things is beyond comprehension.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
There are positives to take from this game. Calde can play anywhere, Leo will score loads and Kemy sounds class.
There are negatives as well. Bruno isn't fit enough after his lay off, PIG is turning into Ankergren by kicking away possession and we've been beaten by a run of the mill championship side!
Not too worried, first game away from home at Leeds was never going to really fill you full of expectation

4263453168_8010ba64c1_o.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports