Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
People can argue and insult all they like, but I'll make one final suggestion. Take a look at the starting line-ups of QPR, Reading, Forest, Watford and Wigan today. Then tell me whether Crofts, Bruno, Greer, Calderon and Barnes would even get on their BENCH. They wouldn't, yet they all START for us. You can bleat about parachute payments all you like, but if we want to get promotion this is what we're up against, and sadly we're a long way off their pace.

Try engaging your brain...three of those teams have parachute payments, one is being bankrolled and the other has pulled quite an annoying but legal flanker to get their players in. We are not and never have been favourites for auto promotion. How hard can it be to stand back and actually THINK about the fact that we will be trying to get promoted with less funds for players?

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram as though we have ****ed up, we may or may not be there at the end of the season but to get all stroppy and let your bottom lip quiver because we are not the best funded or best team in the division is pretty childish

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh for christs sake, a new season, first game away to Leeds. The ref bottled it, we have a new manager and another 37 games to go.
Stay calm, have a bit of patience.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh for christs sake, a new season, first game away to Leeds. The ref bottled it, we have a new manager and another 37 games to go.
Stay calm, have a bit of patience.

Alas we are not in the Premiership, yet.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sorry, but this afternoon is absolutely bullshit. Why do we NEVER learn? Starting this season with a weaker team than we finished last season is unforgivable for a club that claims to be aiming for promotion. We needed to strengthen just to compete for the top six again. We are at least FOUR players short, and all Bloom talks about is "hopefully getting a couple in by the end of August". People have been so brainwashed that they actually see players like Lopez and Upson as new signings. Well they're not, they were included in the side that got us to fourth. We've wasted a whole summer changing one ponce of a manager for another, and it'll be the same old shit all over again. We'll look pretty at times but we've still only got one player who can score a goal, we've still got tarts who waste every opportunity they are presented with, we've still got Ashley ****ing Barnes starting, we've still got a bunch of old men at the back, we've still got bottlers who concede last-minute goals and things are arguably even worse now as we've got a total waste of human life in Crofts in midfield. We're MILES away, not even close this season I reckon. 14th if we're lucky, and I wish that was a wind-up.

Idiot. Do you really think that this is our final squad, do you really think that Leeds deserved the 3 points. Do you not appreciate what is going on behind the scenes to build the club, the training facilities etc. Do you not appreciate the state of the club 3 years ago.
One game out of 46, the first game out of 46, decided on a dodgy handball, away to an established club. Just have a bit of patience, ffs.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Didn't Oscar say be patient ?

He didn't start well at tel aviv but ended up winning the league !!

He would of learnt a lot today.

Am convinced we will go up this year !

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Idiot. Do you really think that this is our final squad, do you really think that Leeds deserved the 3 points. Do you not appreciate what is going on behind the scenes to build the club, the training facilities etc. Do you not appreciate the state of the club 3 years ago.
One game out of 46, the first game out of 46, decided on a dodgy handball, away to an established club. Just have a bit of patience, ffs.

I must be missing something here....has the Championship become a twenty team league?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Had anyone mentioned Oscar's trousers in this match thread yet? Grey chinos, SUPER slim fit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't we get completely outplayed and well beaten by Leeds at Withdean just after Gus took over and was trying to implement his game plan?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't care about what other poster will think of me after I say this.

But shut the **** up, you mong. We lost one game, by a handball away at Leeds.

Others will only think good things of you in abusing the cretin

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Anyone would think its mid October and we're slumped at the bottom of the league. We've lost one game FFS. Onwards and upwards.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Getting off to a loosing start is never good - especially because it releases all the trolls. I think that this division is going to be harder than many on here assume, and a play-off place is possibly more ambitious than many imagine.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
the sh!t with gus went on too long, which prevented us from making any good early signings. never mind, we gotta work with what we got and hopefully get some signings in if possible. its only one game lets not get too disheartened.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here