Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Getting off to a loosing start is never good - especially because it releases all the trolls. I think that this division is going to be harder than many on here assume, and a play-off place is possibly more ambitious than many imagine.

This was being said last season.

What happened? - 4th.

I find it feeble that people are writing us off after one loss, away at Leeds.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Not at all concerned. Was gutting the way Leeds stole a winner like that but we sounded the better overall team.

We lost the opener against Hull last season, had terrible slumps in form and still finished comfortable top 6. If anything today's loss might be a blessing in disguise before the transfer window shuts.

:albion2:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
And they will, all the time you post attention-seeking nonsense like you have in this thread. Or this one: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?171378-Poyet-is-a-joke-we-re-going-down

Learn from your mistakes you utter cretin. You are not a wise footballing sage. You are not an intellectual authority on football tactics or investment. You post this shit time and time again, and are proved wrong, time and time again. You have predicted our doom at every turn for years - and yet we've improved, year on year. You know nothing. Your opinion is worth nothing. You may well be a follower of BHAFC but you're not a supporter. Not by a long shot. I'd make one suggestion - the season isn't over yet, it only just started. Shut up with your TEDIOUS rants and perhaps give the new boss more than 90 minutes before writing off a season, or alternatively, piss off and support Crawley. You're not wanted here.

Well done sir.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
People can argue and insult all they like, but I'll make one final suggestion. Take a look at the starting line-ups of QPR, Reading, Forest, Watford and Wigan today. Then tell me whether Crofts, Bruno, Greer, Calderon and Barnes would even get on their BENCH. They wouldn't, yet they all START for us. You can bleat about parachute payments all you like, but if we want to get promotion this is what we're up against, and sadly we're a long way off their pace.

Have you ever had sexual intercourse?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People can argue and insult all they like, but I'll make one final suggestion. Take a look at the starting line-ups of QPR, Reading, Forest, Watford and Wigan today. Then tell me whether Crofts, Bruno, Greer, Calderon and Barnes would even get on their BENCH. They wouldn't, yet they all START for us. You can bleat about parachute payments all you like, but if we want to get promotion this is what we're up against, and sadly we're a long way off their pace.

Parachute payments don't mean much. Only 16 Prem teams have ever bounced back at the first attempt and more have been relegated further down the league. The main reason they're there is to service existing players inflated salaries, players who in the main have proven they're not good enough for the Prem.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Had anyone mentioned Oscar's trousers in this match thread yet? Grey chinos, SUPER slim fit.

561830_10151764844588139_1820411597_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here