Keith Andrews on loan?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I really don't know what people on here expect...If we signed someone from a mid table Spanish side, aged 32 who had played 35 times for their country and played over 300 games, a lot of them at this level and above. You would all be having a **** feast. But because his name is Keith Andrews and not Miquel your all really unimpressed....Andrews is basically a far better version of Hammond, so I would say that's an improvement.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I really don't know what people on here expect...If we signed someone from a mid table Spanish side, aged 32 who had played 35 times for their country and played over 300 games, a lot of them at this level and above. You would all be having a **** feast. But because his name is Keith Andrews and not Miquel your all really unimpressed....Andrews is basically a far better version of Hammond, so I would say that's an improvement.

True. A loan signing from Barcelona 'B' would effectively be a signing of someone who is surplus to Manchester United's reserve team.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

I'm unimpressed by typing 'bwfc' into Twitter and reading comments from Bolton fans saying he's the worst player they have seen play for Bolton in the Championship.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Very true. Although there is a big difference between playing for Ireland and playing for Spain. And we'd be taking someone on loan from a team we finished above last season. So it's not quite the same.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I won't. I've already read enough. I seriously can't get my head around why we want to sign someone not good enough for Bolton, when we are looking to be better than Bolton.

But he was a first team player for Bolton, replaced by Spearing. If we've signed him as a bench option to replace Dicker then possibly good business.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
But he was a first team player for Bolton, replaced by Spearing. If we've signed him as a bench option to replace Dicker then possibly good business.

Yes as a replacement for Dicker, that would be good business. But I can't see a player leaving Bolton to get first team football only to replace Gary Dicker's old role; sitting on the bench.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Done a decent job in the Premiership, and scored 9 in 20 games at Ipswich a year or two back.

Out of favour at Bolton, but still a very good Championship player, an improvement on Hammond i'd say.

Good signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports