Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kane to Bayern Munich?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Apparently being built out of blocks of concrete, smelling of piss and having the architectural aspects of a breeze block in a bucket of offal don't matter at all

Amongst the 'classy' people in Brighton, it's the price per sq ft that really matters :laugh:
Location, price per square foot , layout plus views especially sea / water views are what counts in most cities .

Hove has its architectural faults like most places , the town hall being one of them .

But at least it has lots of lovely buildings as well .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it’s so great why do I never hear English people say I’m going to Germany on holiday .
I have never ever heard a single person say I'm going to Church Road for my holidays, not one.....but you seem to like living there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The language is the worst sounding European language, sounds harsh and aggressive to the ears .
I dont know, there's something rather alluring about 6 ft blond sounding harsh and aggressive.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I dont know, there's something rather alluring about 6 ft blond sounding harsh and aggressive.
1690276660592.png

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
If it’s so great why do I never hear English people say I’m going to Germany on holiday . I hear plenty of I’m going to Spain , Italy , France etc and yes America . Never Germany .
You aren’t talking to right people, not every holiday is a beach holiday. Great place, I prefer Bavaria over the north of Germany but not by much.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love the sound of German, but we joke about its harshness when exaggerated.

“Schnell, schnell” :D
A German teacher I had said the English always think the language is aggressive as we were brought up on war movies....he then shouted 'Schnell, schnell!'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You aren’t talking to right people, not every holiday is a beach holiday. Great place, I prefer Bavaria over the north of Germany but not by much.
I spent some time this summer travelling around Europe with one of my sons. We spent a couple of weeks in Germany, visiting Augsburg, Munich, Passau, Regensburg, Nurnberg, Koln, Bonn, Leverkusen, Dusseldorf.

Beautiful country, and quite varied. The Bavarian towns and countryside for me, were much more impressive to look at (the respective number of photos on my phone from that part of the trip would back that up) but I liked the vibe / people much better further North. Koln is a fantastic city that I'll definitely be going back to. Dusseldorf was a surprise - wasn't expecting much of that at all, but was pretty decent.

Bonn is really nice too - I could see myself living somewhere like that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Brauner ... or did you have the teacher after him?
I only briefly did German at Tideway. I got a certificate though, something called German Credit 1. The story from above was over here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought you were German . Did you marry one then ? Is that why you live there
Most people my age seem to move abroad for love, work or both. We simply wanted to live abroad and have a change of lifestyle, and Berlin was the choice, see post #52. As I said in this post, we actually lived off Church Rd before moving here.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Couldn't do German even if you wanted to when I was at Tideway.
That story sounds very Tideway though. :lolol:
All that's missing is somebody falling over after drinking half a bottle of rum at 10am.
French and German were on the curriculum when I was there. If I remember correctly I did French first, then swithched to German as I was so bad at French. I was not much better at German either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I were him, I'd be off in a heartbeat. Chance of an excellent lifestyle, his kids will learn an important language for the future in a great place to raise them and most importantly he'll win trophies. I don't think people in the UK grasp just how big Bayern are.
Agree. And snowboarding in the alps every weekend at husband's/dad's chalet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here