Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kane to Bayern Munich?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shows a cultural difference, German men stare forward still concentrating on the football. Brits would have eyes popping out.
Good point, I hadnt considered this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Englands record goal scorer going to Germany of all countries . You couldn’t make it up . Won’t even get a suntan and a decent diet . Terrible stodgy heavy red meat food there . Far better off in Italy or Spain much nicer environment.
Munich's a great city to live in, and very central to reach rest of Europe.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It's so weird with Kane because he is OBVIOUSLY insanely good. That just can't be questioned. You don't fluke the goals he has, in poor teams, season after season and become your national teams top scorer. Here is a guy who has clearly worked over and over again on maximising what he has and I absolutely accept that he's brilliant but.....

I can't tell you what he's amazing at. It's so weird.

I saw prime Owen, Henry, Ronaldo, Haaland etc. I could tell you what their skillset was and why they would score so many.

With Kane I sit there and say to myself
"Is he quick? Absolutely not"
"Is he THAT tall? not really"
"Is he skillful? Nope"
"Does he goal hang? No. He drops back all the time"
"Does he cut in from a wide position like Henry etc?" Nah.

It basically comes down to "The ball just seems to always find him and he doesn't miss".

Obviously, it's an amazing skill to have and isn't fluked, but I guess the videogame-impacted child in me can't handle that "standing in the right place" isn't that quantative a measure.

As I say, not a criticism of him, it's clearly on me. I personally hope he stays in the PL and gets the goal record. Seems a nice guy, works hard, has only really pushed to leave a rubbish team once before and that only went silly because he let his brother be his agent.
You could probably say the same thing about Lewandowski and Benzema. Players that are just really good at putting the ball in the goal.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The weather worse than Sussex? Hahahaha. Continental climate, far more predictable than England and where my family live in the black forest they ALWAYS count on a great summer which can easily be better than our best weather well into October. Hahaha again. Oh and snow for winter sports etc. Marvelous.
If it’s so great why do I never hear English people say I’m going to Germany on holiday . I hear plenty of I’m going to Spain , Italy , France etc and yes America . Never Germany .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If it’s so great why do I never hear English people say I’m going to Germany on holiday . I hear plenty of I’m going to Spain , Italy , France etc and yes America . Never Germany .

The obsession with getting sun/heat, living in the cloudy, temperate British Isles.

The US is a separate special case. The size of a continent, the amazing centre of civilisation NYC (66m visitors a year), vast national parks, Florida, California, New England, the Rockies, vibrant cities.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I've been on holiday to Germany.
Got a lovely blue souvenir mug from Munich.
Then lost it at a pub quiz in Bristol.
There's a moral to this story, but for the life of me I can't work out what it is.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This comment is up there with not realising buying a flat might mean noisy neighbours

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've been on holiday to Germany.
Got a lovely blue souvenir mug from Munich.
Then lost it at a pub quiz in Bristol.
There's a moral to this story, but for the life of me I can't work out what it is.
Bayern other one.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It’s not a sun-and-sand-and-cheap-beer-and-fish-and-chips-type family holiday destination, obviously. It’s a place for culture and history and scenery and outdoor activities. So it really depends on what sort of people you know. Rhine and Mosel cruises are hugely popular with older Brits and the Black Forest a great place for hiking and cake eating.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't wait to see the forward line of Sane - Kane - Mane.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that he's brilliant, but he's not a master technician of close control and dribbling. That's what i mean by skillful. Ronaldo (both), Messi, Suarez, Salah. All top goalscorers who were brilliantly skillful. Kane doesn't do that. As you and others have said, he is just a monster at being in the right place and brilliant finishing which is a hell of a talent to have.
He's got similarities to Lewandowski though, who was insane in Germany, plus Kane offers slightly more as an all-rounder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here