Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kane to Bayern Munich?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Been on a number of mini-breaks to Germany. All have been excellent. It's sometimes just nice to spend your leisure time in the company of grown-ups
You mean classy grown ups like these

1690206201905.jpeg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It’s not a sun-and-sand-and-cheap-beer-and-fish-and-chips-type family holiday destination, obviously. It’s a place for culture and history and scenery and outdoor activities. So it really depends on what sort of people you know. Rhine and Mosel cruises are hugely popular with older Brits and the Black Forest a great place for hiking and cake eating.
Sounds fab !

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
If it’s so great why do I never hear English people say I’m going to Germany on holiday . I hear plenty of I’m going to Spain , Italy , France etc and yes America . Never Germany .
If you want a week on the beach or watch some skyskrapers, sure you can go to those places. If you want to live permanently in a pretty safe place where most are well off, Germany is a better place.
Also, there's the football side to it - no club in Italy or Spain could afford him.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If you want a week on the beach or watch some skyskrapers, sure you can go to those places. If you want to live permanently in a pretty safe place where most are well off, Germany is a better place.
Also, there's the football side to it - no club in Italy or Spain could afford him.
You make Germany sound like the south of France ! Except it’s not .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We try to keep it quiet so the lower classes don't discover it.
Which seventh heaven do you tend to grace with your presence come holiday time?
I think there’s plenty already there with their whole sleeve tattoos and big gold chains swilling from their litre beer jugs ! To answer your question Almalfi coast , Mykonos, south of France , Hamptons but I don’t make a song and dance about it .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Almalfi coast , Mykonos, south of France , Hamptons .
It's a pointless, stupid comparison though. Kane isn't going on HOLIDAY, is he?

Those are all beautiful places, no doubt. I'd rather LIVE in Munich (or perhaps a smaller Bavarian town within commuting distance) than any of them.

You posts on this thread just give the impression that you know very little of Germany.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s not a sun-and-sand-and-cheap-beer-and-fish-and-chips-type family holiday destination, obviously. It’s a place for culture and history and scenery and outdoor activities. So it really depends on what sort of people you know. Rhine and Mosel cruises are hugely popular with older Brits and the Black Forest a great place for hiking and cake eating.

I think I may have spotted the issue with Germany for @Live by the sea :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Being built out of blocks of concrete, smelling of piss and having the architectural aspects of a breeze block in a bucket of offal don't matter at all

Clearly a lot of people or it wouldn’t be one of the most expensive areas in Sussex per square feet to live in !

Amongst the 'classy' people in Brighton, it's the price per sq ft that really matters, apparently :laugh:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here