[Football] Kane to Bayern Munich?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Most people my age seem to move abroad for love, work or both. We simply wanted to live abroad and have a change of lifestyle, and Berlin was the choice, see post #52. As I said in this post, we actually lived off Church Rd before moving here.
Well as long as you’re both happy that’s the most important thing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Couldn't do German even if you wanted to when I was at Tideway.
That story sounds very Tideway though. :lolol:
All that's missing is somebody falling over after drinking half a bottle of rum at 10am.

Did they issue detention cards when you were?

All some kids took to Tideway each day was a folded up one of those, and a pen resting on the ear. Never a book in sight.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sounds Surprising any of the kids undertook professional careers !

It was a sink or swim state comp, 360 kids in each year. Sone kids became successful as adults, in spite of the system.

A select few such as @Herr Tubthumper went on to have stellar business careers.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

All some kids took to Tideway each day was a folded up one of those, and a pen resting on the ear. Never a book in sight.
Yes! And conversely 'merits' as well. If you did well at something you got a blue slip which was a 'merit'; if you collected enough you got a certificate.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

I think I vaguely remember detention cards being mentioned, but I think that was before I was there (in the 2000s for me, my older siblings went there as well).
My main issue was the rain blowing in through the hole in the floor of the portercabins we had after it burnt down, and going up the ankle of my trousers.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It was a sink or swim state comp, 360 kids in each year. Sone kids became successful as adults, in spite of the system.

A select few such as @Herr Tubthumper went on to have stellar business careers.
How much of the uniform was orange when you were there?
It was the PE shorts and a stripe across the PE top when I was there, but I'm sure I've seen photos from the 60s when the actual uniform had an orange jumper.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How much of the uniform was orange when you were there?
It was the PE shorts and a stripe across the PE top when I was there, but I'm sure I've seen photos from the 60s when the actual uniform had an orange jumper.

Late 70’s/early 80’s. Orange jumpers first year only by then. Casual clothing every other year, the head Mr Rothwell had survived being a Japanese prisoner of war, so was a natural libertarian. We also lucked out with a 2:15 finish when every other senior school in the country was an hour or two later, to do with buses availability in the morning …. bringing a thousand plus kids from east Saltdean, Telsccombe Cliffs, Peacehaven and Denton. Giving very long afternoons of leisure with mates.

Yep, a very windy location. Cross country in horizontal hail past Mr Davies’s home on the Heights, fights and snowball fights on the vast school field above Gibbon Road with snorkel-parkers turned into spinnakers.

All the original blocks were used, A to G plus the 6th form, almost 2,000 kids.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't blame him, he might win the League Cup, if lucky, with Spuds but nothing else as serial underachievers and basket case when it comes to appointing managers.

Bayern, probably every season League Champions and every season Champions League

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I just can't see it. I really don't think Bayern is that attractive to a lot of footballers. He wanted Real you'd think, but that is never happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports