Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kacper Kozłowski SINGS a four-and-a-half year deal

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You are probably right. I admire your optimism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe me, if Maupay doesn't score 4 in 20 and Trossard 2 in 20 I would consider them to have poor second half of season goal wise. Welbeck is slightly different and 5 goals is a very good second half of season for him. I would like to see more goals from elsewhere rather than bringing in a striker. Lallana, Mac Allister (if he gets a run in the team) and Moder I would hope can contibute more. If those six players scored regularly for the second half of the season I think we get top 10 easily (now that is optimism).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve got this guy down as a central midfielder. Not a false 9, No.10, winger or even a ACM. Why?

His tackling is outrageous.

But he is also seemingly brilliant at moving the ball up the pitch.

This guy and Caicedo will surely be the new Lallana & Bissouma in 3 or 4 years time.

Is is signed yet?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Ah that old chestnut. A goal is a goal. And frankly I would be overjoyed if we had a free-scoring midfielder or defender. We don’t. We make a sh1t ton of chances. We frequently miss them. The answer, as every pundit in the known universe has pointed out in every game we play, is to sign a decent striker. Not rocket science but seems hard for a lot on here to understand.

I understand thanks, that we need to score more goals. Maupay has as many goals as the top scorer at Man City, so if we buy this striker that you desire so much and want us to break the bank for as a striker better than Maupay would cost 50 million plus, would he take his place? Look at Chelsea spent over 200 million on 3 strikers, one does not want to play for them, one can't score for toffee and the other is a sub mainly. My point and I respect yours, is buying a new striker is not always the answer.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Which 10 games have we played without a striker then?

Honestly I cannot remember all of them but this season we got a great result (draw) at Liverpool then carried on with the false 9 Tross ‘solution’ for a couple more games without winning. Similarly Spurs (loss) and Gooners (draw when we couldn’t score in a brothel) last season

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Believe me, if Maupay doesn't score 4 in 20 and Trossard 2 in 20 I would consider them to have poor second half of season goal wise. Welbeck is slightly different and 5 goals is a very good second half of season for him. I would like to see more goals from elsewhere rather than bringing in a striker. Lallana, Mac Allister (if he gets a run in the team) and Moder I would hope can contibute more. If those six players scored regularly for the second half of the season I think we get top 10 easily (now that is optimism).

Massive thumbs up. I think like you both Tross and Maupay will make their targets you set them. Not Welbs due to injury. Lala and Moder finishing will have to improve immensely (possible). Ally Mac is the wild card who could contribute big time; he shoots well and likes to have a go.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I understand thanks, that we need to score more goals. Maupay has as many goals as the top scorer at Man City, so if we buy this striker that you desire so much and want us to break the bank for as a striker better than Maupay would cost 50 million plus, would he take his place? Look at Chelsea spent over 200 million on 3 strikers, one does not want to play for them, one can't score for toffee and the other is a sub mainly. My point and I respect yours, is buying a new striker is not always the answer.

I agree, but I dislike this £50 million figure I have NEVER suggested. Oh, and we are not Man City who have a wealth of fantastic attacking midfielders and forwards and spread the goals around precisely because all of their first team attacking midfielders and forwards are world class (and way out of our league price and salary wise).

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
My point is, that is the sort of money we are talking about to buy better strikers than Maupay and Trossard, when maybe we don’t need to. If we finish top 10, then think we would be very happy with what we have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
My point is, that is the sort of money we are talking about to buy better strikers than Maupay and Trossard, when maybe we don’t need to. If we finish top 10, then think we would be very happy with what we have.

But my point is that is a big if

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Let’s have a chat at the end of season to see how we do. Think you are a half empty guy, me half full and a bit more realistic. We have the best team and squad we have ever had and yes of course it could be improved, with better players, but as a small club we are punching well above out weight and personally happy with that.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Let’s have a chat at the end of season to see how we do. Think you are a half empty guy, me half full and a bit more realistic. We have the best team and squad we have ever had and yes of course it could be improved, with better players, but as a small club we are punching well above out weight and personally happy with that.

Actually I see myself as glass half full but realistic. But now AC is gone i expect an incoming, even if that is a curtailed striker loan out

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the bbc website

KACPER KOZLOWSKI (18, midfielder, Pogon Szczecin)

Linked with: Liverpool, Brighton

Wonderkid Kozlowski became the youngest player to appear at the European Championship when coming on for Poland in the summer.

A two-way battle between Liverpool and Brighton looks likely to take place in January, for a player who is rated at £10m.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Massive thumbs up. I think like you both Tross and Maupay will make their targets you set them. Not Welbs due to injury. Lala and Moder finishing will have to improve immensely (possible). Ally Mac is the wild card who could contribute big time; he shoots well and likes to have a go.

I hope Welbeck stays injury free. For me he is the striker that we have been looking for. Sadly we only have him because of his injuries so you are most probably right. I hope we persevere with him for another season or two as he still adds something to our squad. Mac Allister I hope he kicks on as his contract is up next summer and I think we will sell him this summer if he still struggles to get into the team.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

And that's the point. At halfway Maupay on course for 15, Tross on course for 10, IF he stays fit, Welbz could get 7 or 8.
But this season, apart from the sitters Maupay missed against Leeds, our failures to score and pick up points have come from misses by Mwepu (Wolves), Lallana (3 or 4 good chances), Moder (2 or 3) and slightly harshly, Dunk and Duffy from corners.

It is the fact that only Mac, Duffy and wonder goal Mwepu have scored other than a front three is the problem.

Who would this mythical striker start in front of (Maupay, Tross or Wellbeck?)

Having said that a decent alternative attacking option would be good now that Connolly is off. And I think it needs to be something different, offering an arial threat, as shown be our goal v Chelsea.

We will have to see if GP will take a chance on Ferguson. I am sure he will from West Brom, and take it from there I guess

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
a079b944ae79acf55e0a59cb26619ef2.jpg

Is this him with Ashworth in the crowd at Goodison?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The fella with the light coloured jacket holding his face mask looks like we’ve cloned Neal Maupay.

Looks less like Maupay with the mask off but TV keep showing him. Don’t think it’s Kozlowski though. It could well be Everton new signing Vitaliy Mykolenko?

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The fella with the light coloured jacket holding his face mask looks like we’ve cloned Neal Maupay.

Looks less like Maupay with the mask off but TV keep showing him. Don’t think it’s Kozlowski though. It could well be Everton new signing Vitaliy Mykolenko?

It’s Mykolenko.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Yes. Probably stopped off on route to Newcastle

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
FFS - check the thread you are in Dick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here