Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kacper Kozłowski SINGS a four-and-a-half year deal

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So, a whole five pages of this thread has been derailed courtesy of NSC's TWT. We've got another 29 days of this. Can it be ended? Please.

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I hope Welbeck stays injury free. For me he is the striker that we have been looking for. Sadly we only have him because of his injuries so you are most probably right. I hope we persevere with him for another season or two as he still adds something to our squad. Mac Allister I hope he kicks on as his contract is up next summer and I think we will sell him this summer if he still struggles to get into the team.

Well he (Ally Mac) again showed today he can actually finish. He could be the answer IMHO

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And that's the point. At halfway Maupay on course for 15, Tross on course for 10, IF he stays fit, Welbz could get 7 or 8.
But this season, apart from the sitters Maupay missed against Leeds, our failures to score and pick up points have come from misses by Mwepu (Wolves), Lallana (3 or 4 good chances), Moder (2 or 3) and slightly harshly, Dunk and Duffy from corners.

It is the fact that only Mac, Duffy and wonder goal Mwepu have scored other than a front three is the problem.

Who would this mythical striker start in front of (Maupay, Tross or Wellbeck?)

Having said that a decent alternative attacking option would be good now that Connolly is off. And I think it needs to be something different, offering an arial threat, as shown be our goal v Chelsea.

We will have to see if GP will take a chance on Ferguson. I am sure he will from West Brom, and take it from there I guess

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I agree: The mythical striker should indeed be a big CF and be playing with Maupay (NOT instead of)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This transfer has certainly not gone through as quickly as I’d hoped.

I do hope that there are no second thoughts?

USG’s next competitive game is on the 15th January, it’s going to start to look a bit tight to have the lad settled with the team by then and available for selection.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This transfer has certainly not gone through as quickly as I’d hoped.

I do hope that there are no second thoughts?

USG’s next competitive game is on the 15th January, it’s going to start to look a bit tight to have the lad settled with the team by then and available for selection.

Give it some time. Like 15 minutes or so.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
KACPER KOZŁOWSKI SIGNS FOR ALBION

Brighton and Hove Albion are delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Kacper Kozłowski from Ekstraklasa side Pogon Szczecin, on undisclosed terms and subject to international clearance.

The 18-year-old Polish international has signed a contract until June 2026 and is set to head out on loan during the current transfer window, joining Belgian league leaders Royale Union St-Gilloise.

Kacper became the youngest ever player to represent their country at the European Championships when, aged 17, he came on for Poland in the 1-1 draw with Spain at Euro 2020 in June.

Technical director Dan Ashworth said, "He is a bright young talent and we're very pleased to have completed the signing of Kacper, who has made a lot of progress in his career at a very early stage.

"The initial plan for Kacper in the short-term will be for him to spend the rest of the season out on loan with Union. David Weir and his team will monitor his progress there."

Head coach Graham Potter added, "His style of play suits us and our style. During my time here, we have done very well in recruiting players for the future and Kacper is a similar signing.

"He will initially head out on loan, as it is important for him to continue his development, and he is keen to continue playing regularly.

"We will be watching with interest, as he is a very exciting young talent and a player I am really looking forward to working with in the future."

Kozłowski came through the ranks with Pogon, making his first team debut at just 15 years and 215 days old on the final day of the 2018/19 campaign as a last-minute substitute in a 3-0 win over Cracovia.

He has gone onto make 40 league appearances for Pogon, scoring four times – of which three have come this campaign.

He has represented his country from under-15 through to senior level, and he has made six appearances for the men's national team.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
18yo Polish international, highly rated in his home country.
Apparently signed for <£10m.
Yes please.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank God none of you no mark Rodney's got hold of the goss first and did a Noddy thread.

Without me this transfer would never have happened.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ah - that's our Caicedo replacement sorted!

Seriously, welcome to the Albion Kacper. I do wonder though, why USG? They're going for the Belgian championship, so surely won't want to disrupt the team in order to help develop a youngster for Brighton - or is there a work permit issue that prevents him going straight to an EFL club?

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So much for USG not being our 'feeder' club

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ah - that's our Caicedo replacement sorted!

Seriously, when to the Albion Kacper. I do wonder though, why USG? They're going for the Belgian championship, so surely won't want to disrupt the team in order to help develop a youngster for Brighton - or is there a work permit issue that prevents him going straight to an EFL club?

A winners medal for a teenager is pretty good! Could it be that we’ve got about 10 midfielders in our first team already and the lad is only 18 years old?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here