Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just what was Dahoud thinking?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Looked like his frustrations at not being able to get his game together got the better of him.
It was a red card.
And it ultimately cost us two points - although we panicked with ten, in a way that most Premier League teams don’t.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Set up or not, it's still a red and not even debatable. If it was the other way round, you'd be saying a sending off was the correct decision.
I’m not sure you would see a more definite red card than that. As DD says it’s not even debatable.It’s just completely mad and I can’t even begin to make a case for him being unlucky or any other reason he should have stayed on
Deliberate stamp on opposing players calf
Violent conduct see you later sausage
Oh and thanks for that we really could have done with 11 on the park also I’ve yet to see anything about him to get even slightly excited about

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Of course it was a red, intentional or not, and we'd be screaming for a red if it was against us.
For the record, I don't think it was malicious, just very,very careless.
I think we have the sensible summary here.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It’s a red in real time. It looks like a red in slow motion too.

It’s 100% not a red if you are looking frame by frame on VAR.
Quick tip:
Deliberately omit the crucial frame including any contact between one of our players and the opposition.
It'll enable you to justify all sorts of obvious fouls and cards.
While you're at it, watch blatant horror tackles by Brighton players in reverse, then claim it's a foul by the other team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's putting his foot down to shield the ball. No intent.
Like Andone did?

(I was prepared to accept that Andone was indeed shielding the ball so maybe you're right).

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Although I'm tempted to suggest Dahoud's a f***ing psycho and did it on purpose just to see if anybody will earnestly agree with me.
Have you ever played in midfield? A big part of it is dishing out instant retribution. At least it was in the Sussex Sunday League of 35 years ago.

Today's professional game is plagued with an audience and cameras from all angles, meaning it isn't as easy to execute sweet revenge and get away with it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Weird - less clear than the Rashford one. So hard to tell if there was any intent. Unfortunately in 2023 it’s a clear red card. My annoyance is we should have been out of sight before that - but at least we held on with 10 for 20 mins or so…
Intent is irrelevant. It is often invoked in pundit discussions but I don't think the word is part of the laws, let alone a decision node. If it is part of the wordings it needs to go. If you stamp on another player you should be sent off, accidental or not.

If anyone has the rules handy.....I can guarantee they are ambiguous.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Intent is irrelevant. It is often invoked in pundit discussions but I don't think the word is part of the laws, let alone a decision node. If it is part of the wordings it needs to go. If you stamp on another player you should be sent off, accidental or not.

If anyone has the rules handy.....I can guarantee they are ambiguous.
Yes I’m aware of that - was just saying in terms of if he should hang his head in same or if he was very unlucky it counts…

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Have you ever played in midfield? A big part of it is dishing out instant retribution. At least it was in the Sussex Sunday League of 35 years ago.

Today's professional game is plagued with an audience and cameras from all angles, meaning it isn't as easy to execute sweet revenge and get away with it.

I'll have you know that those of us who played as defenders in the Sussex Sunday League of 35 years ago were quite capable of instant retribution :wink:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

I was never good enough to play in midfield.
Centre half who's main (bordering on only) virtue was the stamina to run around a lot.
If anybody really annoyed me I'd just shoulder barge them at top speed.
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that football is a better sport for incidents like this being considered card-worthy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes I’m aware of that - was just saying in terms of if he should hang his head in same or if he was very unlucky it counts…
Hang head in shame, walk off looking at boots, be completely ignored by the manager as he makes his way down the tunnel, past a tutting kitman, into the shower room to have a bit of a cry.

(That's pretty much what he did, although I may have made some of that up).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here