Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just what was Dahoud thinking?

Jimmy Grimble

I’m a Dahoud fan, prefer him playing in the side to WBG personally, and I thought he did well today until about 5/10 minutes befoe the red when as others have said, he seemed to lose all focus.

Definite red for me.
Is he ever going to have more than 45/55 in him though?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Then your slow-mos are not slow enough.

Can you see the Sheff Utd player kick his leg back in the split second Dahoud plants his foot?
Yep. Doesn’t explain why Dahoud stamps his foot down there - he might claim he was ‘protecting the ball’ (as some have said with Rashford) but it was dangerous, so it’s a red (as the vast majority on here, SM, TV and radio I’ve read/watched/listened to so far think). Even DeZ has admitted it’s a red in today’s game. We ain’t getting a PGMOL apology for this one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This doesn’t have anything to do with it being a red card though. I’m not sure what your point is.
If you stick your leg in the space where someone is putting their boot down, it’s not a red card. It’s an accident.

If the opposition player’s leg hadn’t thrust out into the empty space Dahoud’s boot was being planted down in and he his a stationary leg, then it’s a red card everyday.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No.

The Sheff Utd defender moves his leg BACK to make contact with Dahoud’s boot.
You're seeing what you want to see.

Surely you can't claim that Dahoud doesn't know where he's planting his foot behind him, while simultaneously claiming the Sheff player has placed his leg behind him because he knew exactly where Dahoud's foot was going to land!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you stick your leg in the space where someone is putting their boot down, it’s not a red card. It’s an accident.

If the opposition player’s leg hadn’t thrust out into the empty space Dahoud’s boot was being planted down in and he his a stationary leg, then it’s a red card everyday.
This is all a bit “he-headbutted-my-fist” if you get my drift.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yep. Doesn’t explain why Dahoud stamps his foot down there - he might claim he was ‘protecting the ball’ (as some have said with Rashford) but it was dangerous, so it’s a red (as the vast majority on here, SM, TV and radio I’ve read/watched/listened to so far think). Even DeZ has admitted it’s a red in today’s game. We ain’t getting a PGMOL apology for this one.
I’m not sure it’s a stamp. Hi other foot is in the air (on the super slow-mo) when he is putting his other foot down. He is doing it with force because he is about to put his entire body weight on that leg and switch direction. He did not expect the Sheff Utd player to back kick his leg into his path
in the last millisecond.

It’s an accident because there is absolutely no intent.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m not sure it’s a stamp. Hi other foot is in the air (on the super slow-mo) when he is putting his other foot down. He is doing it with force because he is about to put his entire body weight on that leg and switch direction. He did not expect the Sheff Utd player to back kick his leg into his path
in the last millisecond.

If you say so :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You're seeing what you want to see.

Surely you can't claim that Dahoud doesn't know where he's planting his foot behind him, while simultaneously claiming the Sheff player has placed his leg behind him because he knew exactly where Dahoud's got war going to land!
It’s a red in real time. It looks like a red in slow motion too.

It’s 100% not a red if you are looking frame by frame on VAR.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just said on the other thread, it's a blatant red.

Impossible to determine intent based on the video, a deliberate stamp would look exactly the same.

Ask yourself, if that was on our player what would you think? (see Barton against us for Burnley. He got away with it, purple said the same thing)
I think the difference with Barton is that he actually changed his stride to land on Kayal when he was easily jumping over him. I think there was a tough edge to Dahoud’s challenge but he couldn’t have guessed the guy would stick his leg out like that. Still a red but not as nasty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
in the last millisecond.

Most of us agree it was an accident.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
It is clear as day intentional unfortunately. You can see from the way he looks and the other options for foot placements he has its one of those I am going to "accidentally-deliberately" put my foot down a bit harder than usual situations.
If he wanted he could have put his foot elsewhere and still played the ball with ease. He chose to risk giving the sheffield player one.

The really annoying thing is: why is that given but the elbow on Gross was not? Again it adds the view that the EPL is at least a little scripted.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Surprised to see anyone here defending that. Knows exactly what he’s doing there. Some excellent acting but painfully thick to attempt to get away with something like that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here