Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shame the way this thread has gone, it was quite interesting for a while. The pile on now seems to have started, classic NSC.
Yes - if you have enough people disagreeing with you or rebuffing theories with facts that you can’t answer, it’s the norm to play some bullying card. Absolute gaslighting again there imo. But there you go, I wish everyone a happy day and peaceful (peaceful means without getting disrupted by random people or having stress enforced on you all :) )

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Shame the way this thread has gone, it was quite interesting for a while. The pile on now seems to have started, classic NSC.
That works both ways….if you go back there were a number of posters of an opposing view, you seem to have conveniently ignored that

Anyway have a good day….I’m on my way to my Just Stop Villa protest……cheerio

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Enjoy your day all. No hard feelings here but it is worth noting that this thread is full of entrenched views and opinions that seemingly have not shifted and inch (mine included).

Up the Albion.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They need a PR expert on team without any extreme views or cultish traits. Someone who knows about how to communicate to the average person without huge amounts of rhetoric and anger.

Win hearts and minds.
Gawd loves a volunteer!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Pre planned the exact route and publicised - not the same as just rocking up and closing some roads. But again, I asked a hypothetical question about whether those backing the illegal protests would be annoyed about a sick loved one getting held up. It was yes or no - not one could answer as they knew it made them look hypocritical. I feel for all the relatives of these extreme never wrong lefty’s as they’ve not been even hypothetically saved.

The ‘go to’ was ‘no ambulances have been blocked’ (which has now been proven as untrue) which makes no odds to a hypothetical question either - AN AMBULANCE COULD WELL BE BLOCKED AND SOME PEOPLE COULD DIE. It’s vile and selfish. They left claim to be all peace and love, yet seem to be far worse than the right for this. And literally are never wrong and can’t accept opinions different to theirs and just think they’re smarter or smug by changing the question. It’s so clear to me and thankfully to the majority of the British Public. That poor women who missed her mothers funeral due to the selfish acts of many who guess the facts and don’t work. So sad that people stick up for them - just turning people against them who do agree with the cause (not the exaggerated cause this lot spout around).
Are you aware of the number of people who die from pollution created breathing difficulties in a heatwave? The number will increase year on year, I hope your smugness continues to outweigh your fear

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are you aware of the number of people who die from pollution created breathing difficulties in a heatwave? The number will increase year on year, I hope your smugness continues to outweigh your fear
No I’m not aware - but would need proper facts on it from reliable source - not that I’m that bothered with that as I’m sure there are deaths from planet issues in some places. I’m all for the planet going greener so not sure what your point is here? I believe you’re totally missing the point 🤣 There’s also no smugness at all here - the only smugness I’ve seen is from those defending the illegal actions of these ‘protesters’ 🤷🏻‍♂️

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No I’m not aware - but would need proper facts on it. I’m all for the planet going greener so not sure what your point is here? I believe you’re totally missing the point 🤣 There’s also no smugness at all here - the only smugness I’ve seen is from those defending the illegal actions of these ‘protesters’ 🤷🏻‍♂️
Do your own research, that way, you can trust it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do your own research, that way, you can trust it
Not that bothered to do it - as I said, I’m all for changes (and we are implementing many now - albeit later than I’d have liked) - this debate was about the actions of these ‘protesters’. Did you think I was denying we need to go greener? I think you did and therefore you were wrong and hadn’t listened to the points or read the thread - instead calling my me ‘wrong’ when I’ve not seen any facts to disprove what I’ve said. But there ya go, it’s hard for some to comprehend you’re in agreement with the overall message of these people to a degree, but not how they’re doing it. Easier to just assume they hate the cause too isn’t it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, I’m ducking out of this thread - I think the facts have all been displayed and somehow debunked by some.

Much love x

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Understated you say.

Is is because while this is happening the government are still spending billions of your tax pounds on new oil developments, and apparently getting massive kick backs too?
government is not spending anything on oil development. the only claimed subsidies are tax reliefs on expenditure, same as any company receives.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Not that bothered to do it - as I said, I’m all for changes (and we are implementing many now - albeit later than I’d have liked) - this debate was about the actions of these ‘protesters’. Did you think I was denying we need to go greener? I think you did and therefore you were wrong and hadn’t listened to the points or read the thread - instead calling my me ‘wrong’ when I’ve not seen any facts to disprove what I’ve said. But there ya go, it’s hard for some to comprehend you’re in agreement with the overall message of these people to a degree, but not how they’re doing it. Easier to just assume they hate the cause too isn’t it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, I’m ducking out of this thread - I think the facts have all been displayed and somehow debunked by some.

Much love x
not that bothered

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If you want to see why changing the climate is going to be a struggle, watch the latest episode of Our World on the BBC which focuses on the utter shitshow that is the South African power supply problems, rampant corruption at the highest levels and their love of coal. An interesting although thoroughly depressing watch especially if you have spent any time there.
A little snippet: "I estimate that the amount of money stolen from Eskom was about R1bn ($50m) a MONTH" - this was the Eskom CEO appointed in 2018 to try and sort them out, who fled the country after being poisoned.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Enjoy your day all. No hard feelings here but it is worth noting that this thread is full of entrenched views and opinions that seemingly have not shifted and inch (mine included).

Up the Albion.
Not sure what you mean by 'entrenched views' as I suspect most posting on here are not disputing the issues facing the planet, just the efficacy of the protests by JSO.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It’s always nice to use facts to disprove preconceived guesses.. oh here’s another one to add to the man in the article…

posted quite a few clips of Piers Morgan for someone who doesn't like Piers Morgan, and people deplore being labelled gaslit yet endorse channels designed precisely for that reason

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some people are afraid of protests concerning the climate crisis.
It’s like getting a reminder in the post of a bill they couldn’t possibly hope to pay.
So they look to dismiss them any way they can.

“Scruffy, unemployed, losers”

“Selfish arseholes”

They read one or two headlines that seemingly support their “arguments” and decide that’s all the research they need to do.

It’s understandable. It is scary. But it’s not helpful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here