[News] Just Stop Oil

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
BuT wHaT aBoUt ThE aMbUlAnCeS?

Probably nonsense but I have heard that there are different routes between two places so if one road is blocked you can go other ways.

• Wow
Reactions: A1X

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
The wind always blows. Onshore and offshore wind with the change in tide and we should also use tidal,power.
The wind doesn't always blow, think of still, misty winters days however the tide come in & goes out regular as clockwork, we know exactly when & how much. I just don't understand why more money has not been put into this reliable source of energy. No it's not easy but surely if it was solved far more reliable than wind or solar.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Clearly he's not mocking them, he is mocking the people that jump to this argument everytime a protest is mentioned.
But rubbishing what is a fair argument is the kind of tone-deafness that many JSO supporters seem to think is appropriate.

If I were representing JSO, I’d be saying;

“Whilst we accept we are causing disruption, we feel it is necessary in highlighting the serious nature of our work in saving the planet from global extinction. However, we abide by a code of ethics and do not not condone any situation where lives could be directly threatened by our actions. We therefore will always make way for emergency services. We will never condone violence, including but not limited to the throwing of powder at anyone, and furthermore will always provide media outlets with our protest plans in advance, when marching or protesting in public roadways”.

There. That wasn’t so hard, was it?

Maybe I could freelance for them, bit of a side hustle. Like it was for the snooker protestor.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They need a PR expert on team without any extreme views or cultish traits. Someone who knows about how to communicate to the average person without huge amounts of rhetoric and anger.

Win hearts and minds.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But rubbishing what is a fair argument is the kind of tone-deafness that many JSO supporters seem to think is appropriate.

“Whilst we accept we are causing disruption, we feel it is necessary in highlighting the serious nature of our work in saving the planet from global extinction. However, we abide by a code of ethics and do not not condone any situation where lives could be directly threatened by our actions. We therefore will always make way for emergency services. We will never condone violence, including but not limited to the throwing of powder at anyone, and furthermore will always provide media outlets with our protest plans in advance, when marching or protesting in public roadways”.

Maybe I could freelance for them, bit of a side hustle. Like it was for the snooker protestor.
I've written enough on the whole disruption argument. My point was that you were getting offended about something that wasn't there.

You can disagree that the target of the mocking isn't appropriate but let's not pretend anyone is mocking people who need emergency help.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Nobody has thrown powder at anybody, nor has anyone found evidence of any ambulance being held up, let alone an emergency blue light.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They need a PR expert on team without any extreme views or cultish traits. Someone who knows about how to communicate to the average person without huge amounts of rhetoric and anger.

Win hearts and minds.
I get the impression you don’t want to have either your heart nor mind won over, with your gross exaggerations.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Name the occasion and road where an ambulance was held up and provide the link to the news article.

It isn’t left or right but greed. Greedy politicians are pocketing thousands to keep the energy companies sweet, wasting opportunities for renewable energy. Liz Truss used to work for Shell.
Stop believing the propaganda and look at the facts.
Protestors are only criminals because the greedy politicians have changed the law recently to make them into criminals.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nobody has thrown powder at anybody, nor has anyone found evidence of any ambulance being held up, let alone an emergency blue light.
IMG_1162.jpeg

Yesterday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Four articles relating to two incidents. Two articles state the protestors moved to let the fire engine through even though it wasn’t on a blue lighter.
The second incident in Oxford Street does show an ambulance but it doesn’t say it was on an emergency.

Emergency vehicles often go out on non emergency trips.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It'll be a shame not to have an open top bus parade when we win the Europa League in case it delays an ambulances
Yes, Brighton fans have marched with placards to the Brighton centre three times to get planning permission for the Amex, and as for open top bus parades, followed by fans walking slowly in the road! Scandalous.

Very disruptive and inconveniencing the whole city.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It'll be a shame not to have an open top bus parade when we win the Europa League in case it delays an ambulances
You can't disrupt anyone. We'll be lucky to be allowed to play any games at this rate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shouldn’t mock people who might need emergency care. It will be you one day.

Bit weird you can't see the difference, even weirder you seem to be mocking people that need critical care.
It’s so hard to tell these days whether people are missing the point performatively or genuinely

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Four articles relating to two incidents. Two articles state the protestors moved to let the fire engine through even though it wasn’t on a blue lighter.
The second incident in Oxford Street does show an ambulance but it doesn’t say it was on an emergency.

Emergency vehicles often go out on non emergency trips.
🤣 Never wrong 🥱

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thrown up in the air, not at somebody.
So you’d be fine if a protestor came into your personal space, at your place of work, and threw some powder (likely toxic) “up in the air” and you happen to get covered in it. That would be fine, would it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports