Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how deluded are Southampton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unbelievably there was a big debate on the Saints sites over whether they should be playing Harding or Danny Fox, in general.

Fox must be absolutely SHIT. And they paid £1.8 MILLION for him. :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievably there was a big debate on the Saints sites over whether they should be playing Harding or Danny Fox, in general.

I was surprised Fox didn't start. He genuinely DID have Noone in his pocket at SMS this season.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Well I'm only "biting" if you are joking with that comment. Which you must be. Buckley BEAT him at least 3-4 times in the first half alone. How is that "in the pocket"? No, it's ok, you're joking (as you're "fishing").

Keep believing the hilarious North Korean press from your wanky club.
Oh dear - you bit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was surprised Fox didn't start. He genuinely DID have Noone in his pocket at SMS this season.

The discussion I read was basically along the lines of; Fox defends a bit better, but is a bit slow, and offers little going forward.

Personally if I were them I'd bring Andy Crosby out of retirement rather than start Harding, who is weak of both stature and character.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Please explain why he was taken off BEFORE half time? If he had him "in the pocket", the chances of him needing to make any further fouls would be TINY, obviously? No chance of another yellow if he had him in the pocket.

I literally can't think of a better example of a player not being "in the pocket" of another. A couple of points Bucko could've popped back to check if Harding was ok, and then run clear of him again. Men vs Boys.
...and again!!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't think Forte dived. He just fell over and rolled around like big girlie. I got whacked harder than El-Abd and Forte did just jostling to get to the concourse at half-time.

You must be an expert on diving, with seeing fatty lambert trip over his gut at least twice every game :)

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011

Well you must consider the fact that Saints fans views on Harding and Fox are not clouded by their blind hatred of one of them. Harding has actually bee a really good consistent performer for Southampton, but then so has Fox. However, they both have their off days like anyone else (almost). Fox, for example, got absolutely tortured by Albert Adomah at Ashton Gate - but coped with Noone quite easily at St Mary's. Adomah may be better than Noone - I don't know if he made any sort of impression when you played them?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The discussion I read was basically along the lines of; Fox defends a bit better, but is a bit slow, and offers little going forward.

Personally if I were them I'd bring Andy Crosby out of retirement rather than start Harding, who is weak of both stature and character.

Well Adkins made a big error then. With the pace we have on the wings, they needed a defensive fullback. The error cost them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well Adkins made a big error then. With the pace we have on the wings, they needed a defensive fullback. The error cost them.

It didn't actually cost them though, did it? Apart from wasting one available substitution.

Our wingers were on great from, and Fox might have struggled too. Richardson actually IS a very good full back, and he was owned by KLL, just as much as Harding was by Buckley. He just had a different tactic to deal with his man - Harding's was to bring him down every time, Richardsons's was to wave him past.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It didn't actually cost them though, did it? Apart from wasting one available substitution.

Our wingers were on great from, and Fox might have struggled too. Richardson actually IS a very good full back, and he was owned by KLL, just as much as Harding was by Buckley. He just had a different tactic to deal with him - Harding's was to bring him down every time, Richardsons's was to wave him past.

I think it cost them overall as it was a big reason why we grew massively in confidence as the game went on.

Taking a player off before half time IS embarrassing and I reckon it hurt them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can you explain that logic, given that we did in fact have an alledged defensive fullback on for most of the match?

Explained above. Psychologically its definitely a blow to have to take a player off before half time because they're being so utterly outpaced, outclassed and downright humiliated.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well you must consider the fact that Saints fans views on Harding and Fox are not clouded by their blind hatred of one of them. Harding has actually bee a really good consistent performer for Southampton, but then so has Fox. However, they both have their off days like anyone else (almost). Fox, for example, got absolutely tortured by Albert Adomah at Ashton Gate - but coped with Noone quite easily at St Mary's. Adomah may be better than Noone - I don't know if he made any sort of impression when you played them?

I don't hate Harding. I just think he's a seriously deficient Championship footballer. He has no strength, little pace and absolutely no HEART. Reasonable left foot though.

Adomah is a very good player.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Is he lambert's personal tuck shop? :)
There is in fact a photo of Lambert after he scored against Poopey with his shirt over his head. He ain't fat - sorry to disappoint :).

This thread is about deluded Saints fans, but some of the hilarious observations about the match and about who owned who proves that being delusional is a common failure of all football fans.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
But they didn't win them did they?!! If Southampton hadn't had lost to Bristol twice, Doncaster and Brighton they would be running away with it too. What a completely pointless post.

Proves a point, that there is hardly any team in this division which are superb! So your post is pointless, you buffoon.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
There is in fact a photo of Lambert after he scored against Poopey with his shirt over his head. He ain't fat - sorry to disappoint :).

This thread is about deluded Saints fans, but some of the hilarious observations about the match and about who owned who proves that being delusional is a common failure of all football fans.

The thread is about deluded saints fans and you're just adding fuel to the fire......

chomp chomp chomp...... just like lambert :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here