Just how deluded are Southampton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ah yes, I do remember thinking "1-0" right up to the moment he made contact with the ball. So following on with the hypotheticals, allowing also for Guly's glaring miss and Lallana's effort, 2-1 to Saints at half-time. Lambert's penalty - 3-1. Three consecutive goals for Brighton - 3-4, followed finally by Corks missed open goal. 4-4 - great game :)

You forgot the penalty to us when Sparrow was brought down, 5-4, what a thriller!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah yes, I do remember thinking "1-0" right up to the moment he made contact with the ball. So following on with the hypotheticals, allowing also for Guly's glaring miss and Lallana's effort, 2-1 to Saints at half-time. Lambert's penalty - 3-1. Three consecutive goals for Brighton - 3-4, followed finally by Corks missed open goal. 4-4 - great game :)

As you say, can't go by hypotheticals. But to make it sound like Saints were "dominant" first 50 minutes is frankly laughable. It was right in the balance.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Have you f***ing seen the challenge by Harding you prick !!! It was a clean take of the ball. He swept the ball away and his legs werent off the floor. Your players were diving at every opportunity. and look at the way the rest of your cheating players congratulated El Abd after his discusting reaction. Albion have always for me been a fair team but your oilbag racist manager has changed all that. You'll try any cheating method to get a result. Only problem is your miles adrift at the bottom of the fair play league and are known as the league's cheats. Even more dirty than Pompey.

cry-baby.jpg

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
El Abd was also the first player to run a few yards to have a go at Forte for diving in the Greer incident
I don't think Forte dived. He just fell over and rolled around like big girlie. I got whacked harder than El-Abd and Forte did just jostling to get to the concourse at half-time.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
As you say, can't go by hypotheticals. But to make it sound like Saints were "dominant" first 50 minutes is frankly laughable. It was right in the balance.
There is another thread on hear where some BHA fans agree with my assessment, so in my view they are correct and you are mistaken. I expect you will disagree though :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But Davies saved the penalty - fact.

Brezovan has a very good record with penalties, last year he faced 4 and conceded none. He only actually saved one (the others were missed), but the season before he saved a couple, I believe, including one on his debut (after giving away the pen in the first place). so, he would have saved yours (which we would all be complaining about since lambert wasn't fouled, just continuing his trend of going down easily).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is another thread on hear where some BHA fans agree with my assessment, so in my view they are correct and you are mistaken. I expect you will disagree though :)

Bizarre way of looking at it. Some Germans thought Hitler was right, therefore they are correct and you are mistaken.

The game was blatantly in the balance first half. You could even make a case for Brighton being the better team, certainly in some areas. (i.e. Harding being utterly destroyed and brought off after 35-odd minutes).

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
There is NO WAY Lallana's "shot" was a goal.
The whole ball has to be at least 3 to 4 feet over the whole of the line. It is similar to the penalty rules at St. Marys where a penalty can be awarded for a foul 3 to 4 feet outside the penalty area.
Clueless Southampton fans not knowing the rules!
LOL - it is a fair cop :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There is NO WAY Lallana's "shot" was a goal.
The whole ball has to be at least 3 to 4 feet over the whole of the line. It is similar to the penalty rules at St. Marys where a penalty can be awarded for a foul 3 to 4 feet outside the penalty area.
Clueless Southampton fans not knowing the rules!

:lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
(i.e. Harding being utterly destroyed and brought off after 35-odd minutes).

utterly destroyed? Ridiculous.

Harding was unfairly targetted by our band of despicable cheating foreign players, who under the orders of the devil Poyet, set out systematically to unfairly attempt to get him sent off.

By, errr.. running at him with the umm, ball.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Some Germans thought Hitler was right, therefore they are correct and you are mistaken.
If you think carefully, that analogy for my statement makes absolutely no sense at all.....but then I am very pedantic about such things. And you see, this is how football polarises viewpoints. I do not think Harding was destroyed at all. He had your man in his pocket, and was unfairly booked toboot :) .....will he bite?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Harding was unfairly targetted by our band of despicable cheating foreign players, who under the orders of the devil Poyet, set out systematically to unfairly attempt to get him sent off.

Sorry. There I was thinking Harding was utterly humiliated by a player far, far better than him.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I'm getting a bit fed up with these Southampton fans making ridiculous claims. The evidence from St Mary's showed Ricky Lambert dived for a penalty as Calderon did not make contact with him. Ricky Lambert dived again and tried to claim a penalty at the Amex and the ref rightly turned it down (but should have booked him for simulation) and then when he gets sent off Southampton fans claim El-Abd dived. There is an old addage - what comes around goes around. Now Southampton fans please get real.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

And jumping in the way of his challenges with our legs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you think carefully, that analogy for my statement makes absolutely no sense at all.....but then I am very pedantic about such things. And you see, this is how football polarises viewpoints. I do not think Harding was destroyed at all. He had your man in his pocket, and was unfairly booked toboot :) .....will he bite?

Well I'm only "biting" if you are joking with that comment. Which you must be. Buckley BEAT him at least 3-4 times in the first half alone. How is that "in the pocket"? No, it's ok, you're joking (as you're "fishing").

Keep believing the hilarious North Korean press from your wanky club.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Please explain why he was taken off BEFORE half time? If he had him "in the pocket", the chances of him needing to make any further fouls would be TINY, obviously? No chance of another yellow if he had him in the pocket.

I literally can't think of a better example of a player not being "in the pocket" of another. A couple of points Bucko could've popped back to check if Harding was ok, and then run clear of him again. Men vs Boys.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well I'm only "biting" if you are joking with that comment. Which you must be. Buckley BEAT him at least 3-4 times in the first half alone. How is that "in the pocket"? No, it's ok, you're joking (as you're "fishing").

Keep believing the hilarious North Korean press from your wanky club.

Dan Harding has massive pockets.... FACT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports