Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how deluded are Southampton

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Stop all the crap for a sec, all the trolling and counter trolling etc. Honest question:

Do you think Harding had Buckley "in his pocket"? If so, why was he not even given until half time? As I said earlier, if he had him "in the pocket", there was little chance he would've picked up another yellow.

Do you think maybe Adkins realised, as everyone else without rose-tints on, that he was getting utterly destroyed every single time Buckley got the ball?

Genuine, sensible, polite question, so genuine, sensible, polite answer please. No obtuse bollocks.

My honest answer is this:
If Harding hadn't been booked, I would have been happy for him to stay on the pitch. I don't think he had Buckley in his pocket, nor did I see anything to suggest the reverse. Once he got booked for the challenge on CMS (which I genuinely feel was a good tackle), I turned to my mate and said (an approximation) "Adkins got to sub him and bring on Fox. With this crowd and this linesman, he is a now red card waiting to happen". And so it transpired that Adkins/Crosby thought along the same lines. I really didn't feel that Buckely and Lua Lua really came into their own until Lambert was red carded. But all this aside, it is unlikely that a Saints fan and an Albion fan will concur. I think we won the game at St Mary's comfortable despite the controversy, and I think we played really well in this game until the sending off. I didn't expect such a shocking turn around just because we lost Lambert - it is a worry.

I only read this on here, but from someone who genuinnely has mates within the club, but apparently when the ref was giving little Dan his "last chance" talking to, the tears were welling up, and he was literally BEGGING the ref not to dismiss him. Bless.

Did he really have a bit of a cry up? I thought I saw that but wasn't sure. It would make my day if that was true.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My honest answer is this:
If Harding hadn't been booked, I would have been happy for him to stay on the pitch. I don't think he had Buckley in his pocket, nor did I see anything to suggest the reverse. Once he got booked for the challenge on CMS (which I genuinely feel was a good tackle), I turned to my mate and said (an approximation) "Adkins got to sub him and bring on Fox. With this crowd and this linesman, he is a now red card waiting to happen". And so it transpired that Adkins/Crosby thought along the same lines. I really didn't feel that Buckely and Lua Lua really came into their own until Lambert was red carded. But all this aside, it is unlikely that a Saints fan and an Albion fan will concur. I think we won the game at St Mary's comfortable despite the controversy, and I think we played really well in this game until the sending off. I didn't expect such a shocking turn around just because we lost Lambert - it is a worry.

Was it Harding who blocked Buckley's run at one point while nowhere near the ball? Because that was a DEFINITE yellow. Cynical foul.

You were clearly looking the other way each time Buckley got the ball then. He beat Harding all ends up at least 3/4 times.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I joined in with the jeering and the 'Cheerio's', but I was mostly ANGRY, that they managed to get him off before we had one last chance to run at him and finish the job.

So did I. NEVER rated Harding and was even ANGRY when he pops up in the Withers years DVD as an interwiewee. I nearly spat out the Chicken Katsu Mendoza made. That was a reaction to Harding on the tele NOT his cooking btw.

Hammond well lets not forget Col U was sandwiched in between and we got a good price, despite what was going on behind the scenes. I know Hammonds crown fell after his reaction to THAT goal at Withers when playing for saints BUT

Like Murray I would have Hammond back in an instant.

Interesting that Harding was getting some real flak in WSU whereas Hammonds was more half hearted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can someone remind me of the 'Sparrow penalty claim'? My mind is a blank on this one.

Ball over the top, down the East side of the penalty area, on about 60 minutes. Defender barged him square in the back. Ref chose to see it as shoulder to shoulder. It wasn't. I was 20 yards away and it was a very clear penalty. Genuinelly surprised when it wasn't given.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I used to LOVE IT when Seb Carole (first time round) RAPED Harding when playing for us.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Was it Harding who blocked Buckley's run at one point while nowhere near the ball? Because that was a DEFINITE yellow. Cynical foul.

You were clearly looking the other way each time Buckley got the ball then. He beat Harding all ends up at least 3/4 times.

Yep I seem to recall Harding knew he had no chance so literally turned round and just used his FAT BACK and ARSE to block Buckley.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Ball over the top, down the East side of the penalty area, on about 60 minutes. Defender barged him square in the back. Ref chose to see it as shoulder to shoulder. It wasn't. I was 20 yards away and it was a very clear penalty. Genuinelly surprised when it wasn't given.
I thought "Oh f***, penalty" from the South Stand.....but I couldn't have been further away.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep I seem to recall Harding knew he had no chance so literally turned round and just used his FAT BACK and ARSE to block Buckley.

He literally DIVED across him.

The ref didn't even give the free-kick did he? Presumably because he knew that if he chose to see it as a foul, Harding had to go, and there was only about 25 minutes on the clock.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
He literally DIVED across him.

The ref didn't even give the free-kick did he? Presumably because he knew that if he chose to see it as a foul, Harding had to go, and there was only about 25 minutes on the clock.
I think this incident occurred before the yellow card. Didn't see much wrong TBH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here