Jones In

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
He has done nothing to warrant another shot at assistant manager. Get someone in who the new manager wants and can work with effectively

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Do not be surprised if Jones takes the U21 team with Ireland leaving

New manager can then bring in all his own coaching staff and choose his own players. Any quality candidate will demand this and rightly so to me.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
The first goal had nothing to do with Jones. I was right behind the goal and it was the players fault with some shocking defending.

That's probably the first game this season I've enjoyed fully. I think he did well for his first game.

There's no point in judging him on the the previous games, he obviously didn't agree with Hyypia, hence getting CMS back straight away. I have to add that I think CMS changed the game.

But with the season we've had thus far, and the confidence the team lack, you've gotta give Jones credit for coming back from that. Hyypia still in charge, I think we could of conceded more.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Wow! It shows how far we have sunk that some people on here are raving because we scrambled a late point against a very ordinary team. No, Jones should not be manager, acting or not, for a minute longer than necessary. We need someone with experience who will shake up not only the players but the board as well, and make them face up to the fact that what we have now is not good enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No I want the management duo both gone as they have done bloody awfull...why get rid of one when both should've gone.
I dislike Jones more than hyppia and hyppia would've been much better with the experienced no 2 he originally asked for when he joined us.It was a recipe for a disaster as soon as Jones was announced as asistant manager.

Jones was assistant manager last season when we got to the playoffs. Let's face it, you just love arguing.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
It was great to see our manager showing real passion in the dugout, and actually making changes that affected the game. The players went from zero belief to playing some really nice stuff as the game went on.

I'm in the Jones In camp.

Couldn't agree more op. He's had a good half of football management under his belt, and he showed passion.
it dosnt mater about our league position, or whether he's experienced or not.
As today we got a draw. Although if we play bad or jones dosnt wave his hands around on the touchline next week , then il prob agree with you again when u take a sudden u turn.
glad theres people like us who can se so much in a manager after 1 game of football. ::thumbsup:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Gave a good interview after the game, sounds genuine. Give him a go. Wouldn't say I was in the Jones In camp but compared to Hyypia I know who I'd rather have in charge of the team.

Another good post. He gave a good interview after the game so if that doesn't get him the job i dont know what will.
if he doesn't get the job , i trust tony bloom has been on utube all Christmas looking at other good candidates who do a good interview. :clap2:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It's a shame about the timing.. Had the transfer window not been fast approaching I could see Bloom giving Jones some time but unfortunately for him, we really need to have the permanent manager in asap..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No no no no no.

When our best option is the long throw no. Besides Jones was helped when Reading brought off their only attacking threat (FFS) so no. Just No.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was great to see our manager showing real passion in the dugout, and actually making changes that affected the game. The players went from zero belief to playing some really nice stuff as the game went on.

I'm in the Jones In camp.

I find myself terribly torn. Individual errors, the keenness of kittens and our confidence saw us 2-0 down today and Jones has something to do with that, how much we don't know. The long throw, changes in formation and rallying half time talk, and the suited direction during it were ALL Jones. For me, based on that, he's had a job interview of two halves. I would love to see how Hughton and Pullis would have coped with the same match but sadly it's not possible. What I will say is that equaliser was clearly for him and scored by our most passionate long time player.

I would rather have a more experienced firefighter, the way we got Slade in but Jones wouldn't be a disaster based on that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was Jones selection that got ua 2-0 down in the first place. No. Tell you what if he does get the job thats me done. ****ing welsh windbag.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you attend the game today and witness a great comeback?

I attended the game today and witnessed us just about scramble a late point against an absolutely MINGING football team. I was as deflated as a pensioners tit when I saw that lineup.

Jones had an opportunity today to plant a flag in the ground, ring some changes and really GO for it against one of the most feeble teams in the division. Instead, he persisted with the appalling Gardner / JFC central midfield combo which has been a BIG part of landing us where we are this season, and played 1 up front. Against frigging READING.

They were there for the taking. The fact we salvaged something was a relief, but we only found ourselves in that position through our complete and utter ineptitude in the first place - and that started with the selection of the starting XI. Thats Jones. So he can DO one.

We need a manager.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was Jones selection that got ua 2-0 down in the first place. No. Tell you what if he does get the job thats me done. ****ing welsh windbag.

Our defence made a complete hash of their first goal. Greer is injured, so who would you have played? Hughes? Would he have defended any better?

[tweet]548570663032987649[/tweet]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's a shame about the timing.. Had the transfer window not been fast approaching I could see Bloom giving Jones some time but unfortunately for him, we really need to have the permanent manager in asap..

I don't know, it could be that with the transfer window so close, he would know far more about what is needed than anyone coming in cold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports