Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones In

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Also Nathan did a good interview with BBC Sussex after the game - far more interesting than the dull monotone we have heard from the previous Head Coach

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The team had no belief whatsoever, and then he had to contend with a goal of 30 seconds. I fail to see how he f*cked anything up. They had no confidence at all, but it came back as the game went on. Given the calamity of the first minute we did well.

Agree with this. Marked difference after HT too, so he must have done something at half time. Don't think he's the long term answer though. Noted his applauding the fans at the end....just passion or does he know he's on his way I wonder.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think we can be a bit more confident if there is a delay bringing in the new man.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The team had no belief whatsoever, and then he had to contend with a goal of 30 seconds. I fail to see how he f*cked anything up. They had no confidence at all, but it came back as the game went on. Given the calamity of the first minute we did well.
So his team talk before the match was shite and his team talk in the 2nd half was great?
Sounded like we should've been buried by half time and got lucky?Draws are becoming tedious now and we're playing some also super shite sides at home and not winning any of them.

We'll lose at fulham guaranteed

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I was disappointed in him when I saw the lineup, nothing much had changed. Thought he would have taken a gamble and maybe gone 442. Having said that, his half time team talk did wonders, I think it was the best 2nd half in a long time. Simple football but effective. Dont want him as manager as he hasn't got the experience but hopefully there's a place for him in the backroom staff somewhere

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Absolutely stupid idea to even consider Jones for the job. If the club did that then alot of fans will give up with the clubs ambition. Now isn't the time to start trying out inexperienced managers. I expected more from the OP. I could imagine thousands not renewing if Jones got the job.
Bloom knows this and thankfully Jones will never be in the running.
It'a about time the club and fans like the op start thinking like a big club we are suppose to be. Get Pulis or Sherwood in NOW.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He started with Gardner so no no no.

He was our best midfielder second half.

I think a number of out players proved what they are capable of in the second half. the bar has been set, regardless of who is manager.

From my point of view, this team started off on the bottom rung. No confidence. No rhythm. No form. I thought it was going to be a cricket score.

I'm chuffed to bits about how they fought back, and Jones played his part in that. Very 'Brighton'.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Absolutely stupid idea to even consider Jones for the job. If the club did that then alot of fans will give up with the clubs ambition. Now isn't the time to start trying out inexperienced managers. I expected more from the OP. I could imagine thousands not renewing if Jones got the job.
Bloom knows this and thankfully Jones will never be in the running.
It'a about time the club and fans like the op start thinking like a big club we are suppose to be. Get Pulis or Sherwood in NOW.
I don't quiet think many on here realise how many actually dislike Jones :lolol:
You just can't like the bloke or take him seriously

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
His defence was very leaky today resulting in him getting his suit soaked. If passion is a wet suit then Jones is your man, but not for me.
Reading threw it away today by subbing Murray who was on the end of everything that they put into our box. We did put a good shift in the second half though. We have a lot of players who will be watching their backs in the coming weeks.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It was great to see our manager showing real passion in the dugout, and actually making changes that affected the game. The players went from zero belief to playing some really nice stuff as the game went on.

I'm in the Jones In camp.
The players have got to show the metal they are made of , now that Sammi the unfortunate scapegoat has gone the buck stops with them, our strikers really are shit

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is just a Dead Cat Bounce, we will remain in the mire with him in charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here