Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones In

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That first half was atrocious, so I'll give him a no. Indeed the second half was cracking, but gratitude must go in the direction of Reading for all they did to give up and lose. We can't just put fire on our bellies when the other side of effortlessly extinguished theirs. I'll be waiting for someone who knows what they're doing and changes things a little. Much of a muchness won't do.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
When asked in a previous interview why it didnt work out for Sammi,Jones replied i dont know.Well that was proved to-day by him picking the same players and guess what another game without a win. It is pretty obvious why it did not work out for sammi starting with jfc and garderner playing in midfield,need i go on.

The JFC argument is an interesting one. He played very well again Wolves last week. On last weeks Albion Roar they made a good point about how he performs well for the England U21's yet seemingly underperforms in an Albion shirt. I think he's has come under some fair criticism this year but at the same time has been made a scapegoat at the same time. He's not, never has been and never will be a holding midfielder and playing him there has been one of the many questionable decisions Sami made.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I just don't know how good a coach Jones is ,can he handle budgets,spot a player or manage that high maintenance striker.What i do see he shows passion for my football club !!!

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Nathan Jones has the passion, ability and coaching badges to be great in the development of young players so let's make use of him by placing him somewhere useful like the academy.

What the first team need now is a wise head who has been there and got the t-shirt at Championship level, someone who can handle big ego's (as we'll be buying a few hopefully), deal with the day to day running of a big'(ish) club in the media spotlight and get the best out of some mediocre players who's potential hasn't been seen for some time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not convinced. Reading took their foot off the gas throughout the game and took off their best player with plenty of time left.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Poor team selection. As soon as I saw it, it was obvious we would not win today. I though Nathan may have had his own ideas but what do I know.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No thanks.

We have a misconception amongst football fans in this country that this 'passion' is the most important aspect of the game. The reason why we were diabolical under Hyypia wasn't because of any lack of passion - in fact from whats been said about Hyppia he was extremely passionate about the job, perhaps too much so - it was because he was tactically inept.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
same team selection, same formation, same tactics - first half was an absolute shocker. fair play - there was a vast improvement in the second half but to start with the same midfield as Sammi (which is basically no midfield) was an appalling error and goes to show why (as assistant manager) he was unable to help Sammi turn it around. gotta go or U21s for me.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
That first half was atrocious, so I'll give him a no. Indeed the second half was cracking, but gratitude must go in the direction of Reading for all they did to give up and lose. We can't just put fire on our bellies when the other side of effortlessly extinguished theirs. I'll be waiting for someone who knows what they're doing and changes things a little. Much of a muchness won't do.

So you expected miracles in jones first game in charge? You expected jones to somehow be this miracle worker after just 1 week?
I'm no jones lover but Jesus, I don't know what some people expect him to be capable of after just a few days in charge.

That first half was dire, but that's down to the players not the manager. Players accept FA responsibility and are never held accountable for defeats. Some fans need to understand that a manager can only do so much and the players have to be trusted to give their all. To blame the manager for everything that happens on the pitch shows a real lack of football understanding.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Not touched a drop. He got the team fired up for the second half, he went three at the back (and two upfront) when needed. Nothing much more a manager could do. With the January window approaching, no one knows what we need more than him.

He's the man for the job at this time IMO

Whilst I don't want him as full time Manager, it must have been the first half time team talk that we have had this season. Whatever was said we looked a different team in the second half and even Gardener had probably his best half for us. McCourt must be on borrowed time though can't see him fitting into the new players plans. Jonesey for under 21 manager for me.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
People want to give Jones a go because he showed passion. Is this serious.
Jones should be physically removed from the premises as soon as possible only allowing him to grab his coat on the way.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not sure if I should give you thumbs up or a thumbs down. The line up and the way we went about first half we might aswell of had Sami. 2 nd half was so much better not sure if it was down to Jones or Murray going off.
It was great to see our manager showing real passion in the dugout, and actually making changes that affected the game. The players went from zero belief to playing some really nice stuff as the game went on.

I'm in the Jones In camp.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
They plays with passion and some style and tactics in the second half at least - so much better than whatever Sami was telling them to do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here