Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jayson Molumby

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Probably good hasnt had the hype around it but seems to of done very very well. To stand out at CM in the championship at age 20 takes some doing.

Not seen a lot of him but for some reason I see him as the same type of player as Mason Mount. Is that fair for anyone that has followed him ?

Could be decent addition for us in an area we are lacking some zip + drive

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm really looking forward to seeing what he and White can do in the pre-season. Both have done really well in the Championship, both have excellent reputations so they should both have a great chance of breaking into the team next season a la Connolly and Alzate.

It's really exciting that the academy is beginning to bear fruit.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'm really looking forward to seeing what he and White can do in the pre-season. Both have done really well in the Championship, both have excellent reputations so they should both have a great chance of breaking into the team next season a la Connolly and Alzate.

It's really exciting that the academy is beginning to bear fruit.

We built the academy with the intention of building a production line from the academy to the first team. And it's been tough for us fans, because we've all been itching to see it working and unfortuantely it is a slow process and we all know patience isn't really a virtue a lot of football fans have. But it feels like we're finally at the stage to see this working, and like you say its really exciting.

Last edited:

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Just another wasted signing that will never play for the first team!!!!!!!! What was the point spending all that money on a youth academy!!! Could've used the money to sign Jordan Rhodes!!!!!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Probably good hasnt had the hype around it but seems to of done very very well. To stand out at CM in the championship at age 20 takes some doing.

Not seen a lot of him but for some reason I see him as the same type of player as Mason Mount. Is that fair for anyone that has followed him ?

Could be decent addition for us in an area we are lacking some zip + drive

He's more of a tough tackling midfielder with an eye for a pass and good technical ability. I'd say Mount generally plays further forward than Molumby.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
As impatient as some people might be to see a progression from the development squad, I think the idea for the academy is to be self sustaining.
Not all of the starlets are going to make it with us, but if they go on to have a career in another league and we receive a bit of wonga for them, then it's serving it's purpose

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9432707 said:
He's more of a tough tackling midfielder with an eye for a pass and good technical ability. I'd say Mount generally plays further forward than Molumby.
Yep - I remember initial reports after we signed him suggesting he could play pretty much anywhere in midfield but over the past couple of years it seems apparent he's very much at home in a central box-to-box midfield role. Looks to have Beram-levels of energy, and a real tough edge to complement his technique, passing and vision when playing forward. It's a lazy (and slightly fanciful) comparison, but think Gerrard.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Yep - I remember initial reports after we signed him suggesting he could play pretty much anywhere in midfield but over the past couple of years it seems apparent he's very much at home in a central box-to-box midfield role. Looks to have Beram-levels of energy, and a real tough edge to complement his technique, passing and vision when playing forward. It's a lazy (and slightly fanciful) comparison, but think Gerrard.

You mean he over hits a pass and talks funny?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Agree with this. Probably describe him as an Oliver Norwood type. This lad is going places providing he stays injury free. This is my only major concern with him.

We have a cracker of a player on our books.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9432709 said:
The opponent is Charlie Adam who's played 9 seasons of Premier League football, including for Liverpool. He actually applauds Molumby as he runs back if you watch him closely.

Yeh, i've heard of him

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agree with this. Probably describe him as an Oliver Norwood type. This lad is going places providing he stays injury free. This is my only major concern with him.

The nine yellow cards this season also says something :lol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9432709 said:
The opponent is Charlie Adam who's played 9 seasons of Premier League football, including for Liverpool. He actually applauds Molumby as he runs back if you watch him closely.

Good spot!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

[MENTION=365]Napper[/MENTION]: what ^ says. He's dynamic, with a good engine. As others have said, he presses high and hard too, but generally sits a lot deeper, not quite a DCM, but more that than ACM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here