Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jayson Molumby

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So Molumbuy and White to join Alzate and Connolly from the U-23's in the first team squad next year. Along with MacAllister and Tau to finally get their visa's. We're going to have a pretty dull summer on the transfers in front, aren't we?

We'd only need competition for full back and maybe a target man a la Murray.

Get both of those in January and the recruitment team can take the summer off :smile:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
So Molumbuy and White to join Alzate and Connolly from the U-23's in the first team squad next year. Along with MacAllister and Tau to finally get their visa's. We're going to have a pretty dull summer on the transfers in front, aren't we?

Tau wont get his Visa apparently so will be sold.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Get both of those in January and the recruitment team can take the summer off :smile:

The very purpose of the academy.

We're currently paying >£70m per year to land 5 or 6 players.

From now on we'll probably only need to buy 2 or 3 players per year to improve. I think we'll still spend the £70m, but we'll get better players for it and we'll also recoup some money in sales from the ones who didn't quite make it (or can't get work permits)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The very purpose of the academy.

We're currently paying >£70m per year to land 5 or 6 players.

From now on we'll probably only need to buy 2 or 3 players per year to improve. I think we'll still spend the £70m, but we'll get better players for it and we'll also recoup some money in sales from the ones who didn't quite make it (or can't get work permits)

Yep, exactly that................yet we had (impatient) people bemoaning the lack of academy output no so long ago...............now we're going to be selling those we can't accommodate because the production line is going into overdrive. Happy days.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

In the summer/January : Murray, Bong, Balogun, Schelotto out of the 25 man squad.

Leaving 5 places spare ( 6 if Crofts is not nominated ).

Alzate, Mac Allister, White in. Hopefully a new striker next month as well.

Gyokeres, Dreyer, Mlakar to consider as all over the age threshold.

Molumby, Băluţă, Sanders, Connolly will still count as U21s.

So not much recruitment next summer beyond U23s and work permit applicants for the future.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In the summer/January : Murray, Bong, Balogun, Schelotto out of the 25 man squad.

Leaving 5 places spare ( 6 if Crofts is not nominated ).

Alzate, Mac Allister, White in. Hopefully a new striker next month as well.

Gyokeres, Dreyer, Mlakar to consider as all over the age threshold.

Molumby, Băluţă, Sanders, Connolly will still count as U21s.

So not much recruitment next summer beyond U23s and work permit applicants for the future.

If you'd have asked me a month ago I'd have said there would be many more comings and goings than that. But decent game time for Ali J, Duffy and Bissouma recently means that there is nobody else who is nailed on to leave.

I still think we will have surprise leavers. Possibly Gross, March, Propper and at least one of the back up keepers, who would clearly have to be replaced either internally or externally.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you'd have asked me a month ago I'd have said there would be many more comings and goings than that. But decent game time for Ali J, Duffy and Bissouma recently means that there is nobody else who is nailed on to leave.

I still think we will have surprise leavers. Possibly Gross, March, Propper and at least one of the back up keepers, who would clearly have to be replaced either internally or externally.
Pröpper, Stephens and Izquierdo move into the last year of their contracts in the summer so decisions will have to be made...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Jaysus - that is some change - a few weeks ago people were talking about flogging him to one of the big 6 for £75million.

I am surprised that Potter hasn't looked to bring him back - best passing prospect I have seen in a green jersey since Liam Brady was his age.
He is playing well at Millwall. Although a slightly different role than he did in Brighton Youth Teams. He is playing a bit deeper at Millwall

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Here is the different approach between me and many others on here -

Like others - I want Aaron Connolly to be a top PL striker - but many on here want that so that he can be sold off for big money. I don't get that - why would you want to sell off your best players? I have a second motive for wanting Connolly to be a top striker - I want him to break every scoring record for the Irish team (in part because I despise Robbie Keane) - so that the Irish team qualify for major tournaments.

Good Lord man, you live in an absolute fantasy world. I doubt you could find more than one quote and, yes, the onus is on you to back it up, not me. Any Brighton fan with half a brain cell knows that the whole point of developing the Academy and bringing in people like Ashworth is to develop and keep our own talent, rather than paying exorbitant transfers. This is backed up in Bloom's actions. We've spent nowhere near what Palace spent on Benteke on any one transfer fee, for example, but have repeatedly extended the contracts of the home grown Dunk and March.

If you're going to be a "Brighton fan" you need to do some basic research.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Good Lord man, you live in an absolute fantasy world. I doubt you could find more than one quote and, yes, the onus is on you to back it up, not me. Any Brighton fan with half a brain cell knows that the whole point of developing the Academy and bringing in people like Ashworth is to develop and keep our own talent, rather than paying exorbitant transfers. This is backed up in Bloom's actions. We've spent nowhere near what Palace spent on Benteke on any one transfer fee, for example, but have repeatedly extended the contracts of the home grown Dunk and March.

If you're going to be a "Brighton fan" you need to do some basic research.

Good Lord Guinness Boy - don't look at me - I am not the one who said that Connolly should be sold to cover the club's debts. Keeping your home-grown players is absolutely the right thing to do - and a strategy that I would support 100%.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The decision with Propper has to be new contract - playing sublimely at the moment. Top player.
Yes of course. But it isn't only our decision

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Can see at least two of Gross, Stephens, and Propper moving on this summer which will open up space for Macalister and Molumby. I live in Millwall land and the locals are raving about him and think he’s a nailed on Prem star in the making.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Also lurking in the background with this loan strategy is the talk of (I'm not sure whether it has been implemented) limiting the number of players a club can send out on loan. This could impact who we would have to give a squad number to or move on

The proposed loan regulations are likely to have so many "get-outs" that they will have no practical effect whatsoever.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sounds like he will be given a chance in the preseason.

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/...illwalls-gary-rowett-reveals-transfer-4359097

The Millwall manager added that he'd be keen to bring him back to south London next term - but that Albion had a plan for him in place for this summer which could affect their chances of doing so.

“Jayson has had a tremendous loan," he told London News Online.

"He’s got huge potential. We’ve helped him and he’s helped himself. He’s starting to play with a bit more composure and control to go with his natural energy.

“I think the plan from Brighton’s end is that he goes back there and spends pre-season with them to see where he is at. He’s one we tried to push a little bit a few months ago but the general consensus from Brighton is that he would go back.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Quietly slipped under the radar this season especially with the Leeds carnival in regards to Ben white. Sounds like he’s had a good season there. Missed out by 2 points for the play offs and lots of positive things written about him as well. Wasn’t long ago because was rated one of the best players at the U19 tournament alongside some very well know players. Big future this lad.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'm really excited about the prospect of Molumby coming back, possibly more than White. I think in particular his eagerness to press the oppposition is something that could be a real asset. It would be fantastic to see White, Molumby and Alzate cement places in the first team next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here