Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jayson Molumby

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I’m not he’s getting game time week in week out in a tough league..far better for his football education than the probable cup tie and occasional bench place...and re AC i never saw anything for 75 million

No I don’t recall anyone quoting 75 million. Seems like a straw man argument to me.

I remember people quoting about 40 million, but he will need to score probably ~10 goals this season before he’s worth that IMO. Seems the problem is that he gets outmuscled and pushed around a lot, despite being a constant nuisance and always making good runs. If he can sort this out and be a bit craftier then he can push on to the next level.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Why would Potter be looking to bring him back? He is at Millwall for this season for a reason, to gain valuable experience playing regular senior football in the Championship. If he had remained at the Amex he would only ever make the bench at the absolute best, which means he would get very little game time, and would negate the whole process..

He will come back to the Amex next season a much better player.

Exactly. We are very well stocked in centre midfield. Baluta hasn’t had a look in and he was equally well rated as Molumby.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No I don’t recall anyone quoting 75 million. Seems like a straw man argument to me.

I remember people quoting about 40 million, but he will need to score probably ~10 goals this season before he’s worth that IMO. Seems the problem is that he gets outmuscled and pushed around a lot, despite being a constant nuisance and always making good runs. If he can sort this out and be a bit craftier then he can push on to the next level.

£40 million, or £75 million, both absolutely laughable at the moment.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
dbl

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Was at the Millwall game yesterday, and was obviously keeping an eye out for Molumby. He wasn't hard to spot, it was a man of the match performance. Has a great midfield mentor in fellow Irishman Shaun Williams. Has adapted to the intensity of the Championship, commanding presence, natural leader, all-action style, into the top 10 in the league on passing accuracy. Captain of Ireland Under-21s, and a full call-up from McCarthy can't be far away.

His problem at Brighton is obviously going to be is all that good enough to get him into the team in an area where we are strong, and it might not be. But listening to him afterwards it is clear David Weir is in regular contact, and that Connolly's breakthrough this season for club and country is driving him on. He is going to have a very good career somewhere.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Exactly. We are very well stocked in centre midfield. Baluta hasn’t had a look in and he was equally well rated as Molumby.

No room at the Inn unless we starting selling some of our best performers.

Alzate looked so good in central midfield against Spurs.

Bissouma has found his feet this season and is impressing.

Stephens & Pröpper are as solid as ever.

Mooy is looking the best of the lot.

Groß can player deeper if needed.

The problem is, I just don’t want us to lose another £20m rated Normann for peanuts:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metr...cheap-signing-manchester-united-10896054/amp/

Use him or lose him?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
All this looks good for Brightons future .Also another young Irishman coming through signals this is the club to come to.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unlike Alzate, Mac Allister and White, he will still be young enough next season not to have to be squeezed into the 25 man squad ( as is Connolly ).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
An interesting consideration. What about Baluta and Gyokeres? Presume both of these will be over the threshold next year.
Good point - Gyokeres, Dreyer and Jan Mlaker ( and possibly a few others ) would be over the age limit.

Băluţă would still count as U21.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Here is the different approach between me and many others on here -

Like others - I want Aaron Connolly to be a top PL striker - but many on here want that so that he can be sold off for big money. I don't get that - why would you want to sell off your best players? I have a second motive for wanting Connolly to be a top striker - I want him to break every scoring record for the Irish team (in part because I despise Robbie Keane) - so that the Irish team qualify for major tournaments.

As for Molumby - I suggest that he could be brought back because to me he appears to be the perfect fit for Potter's style of play - he can pass the ball (and he has an engine as well). As I said earlier - he is the best passer of the ball that I have seen in an Irish jersey since Liam Brady - and Ireland have had a lot of good midfielders since Brady made his Irish debut in 1974. It is also interesting to see the contradictory statements about the benefit or not of sending players out on loan on the board.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Like others - I want Aaron Connolly to be a top PL striker - but many on here want that so that he can be sold off for big money.

Name some of these people please? I have literally seen *no-one* say that.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Like others - I want Aaron Connolly to be a top PL striker - but many on here want that so that he can be sold off for big money. I don't get that - why would you want to sell off your best players? I have a second motive for wanting Connolly to be a top striker - I want him to break every scoring record for the Irish team (in part because I despise Robbie Keane) - so that the Irish team qualify for major tournaments.

As for Molumby - I suggest that he could be brought back because to me he appears to be the perfect fit for Potter's style of play - he can pass the ball (and he has an engine as well). As I said earlier - he is the best passer of the ball that I have seen in an Irish jersey since Liam Brady - and Ireland have had a lot of good midfielders since Brady made his Irish debut in 1974. It is also interesting to see the contradictory statements about the benefit or not of sending players out on loan on the board.

By that, do you mean that not everyone holds the same view?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Good point - Gyokeres, Dreyer and Jan Mlaker ( and possibly a few others ) would be over the age limit.

Băluţă would still count as U21.

Also lurking in the background with this loan strategy is the talk of (I'm not sure whether it has been implemented) limiting the number of players a club can send out on loan. This could impact who we would have to give a squad number to or move on

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
PHP:
Wrong on this one my friend, if he can get over his niggly little injuries we have a proper player there, he is definitely all that for me...

Very much looking forward to seeing Molumby too :)

I hope he proves me wrong.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So Molumbuy and White to join Alzate and Connolly from the U-23's in the first team squad next year. Along with MacAllister and Tau to finally get their visa's. We're going to have a pretty dull summer on the transfers in front, aren't we?

We'd only need competition for full back and maybe a target man a la Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here