Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Milner

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So not only are we the destination of choice for promising youngsters who value career progression over immediate wealth we're also the destination of choice for smart veterans who value an introduction to coaching over a last big payday.
Grand.
I don't suppose he'll quite be on a small payday either TBH!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm really excited by this. It you can't see the positivity if having AL, Welbz, Gross and JM around our young players you're nuts.
These people are winners (don’t know about Gross?), great pro’s, they know what forward looking and thinking football looks like. The moment Lallana first played for us, you could see his mind instinctively looking for openings for team mates. Not a backward step.

Invaluable for the youngsters to work with that.

A great move from the club.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Third on the list of most PL games played, behind Giggs and Barry. Imagine if he went top playing for Brighton!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How many games would he need?

From today, 37 - might be a bit of a stretch if he's only coming for a season!

Screenshot_20230506-205112_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think he could be good for us. He would cover the troublesome right back position and be a massive help and influence on the young players. You can see Lallanas’s recommendation here.
Former PFA young player of the year,
Fluent in Spanish and the model pro's model pro.

What better influence for all our young Wonder kids.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think the Sun are just trying to stir or perhaps Milner’s agent is trying to get a bit more out of us?

But the future is almost clear:

We will sign Milner. Leeds will go down. We will all laugh a lot.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The emotion pull of Leeds could be a very big deal if they stay up (which is a decent sized "if" at the moment). It's also worth noting that barring a short spell at Swindon, he's never played further south than Birmingham. Family ties for a one season deal may be a serious pull.

Don't get me wrong, I think we're a far more attractive proposition than Leeds at the moment, but I wouldn't underestimate the pull of being a northern lad and Leeds boy, wanting to finish his career at his boyhood club.

If Leeds stay up...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He’s hardly going to learn much from Big Sam is he? Can’t see Milner being stupid enough to go back to Leeds when he has the opportunity of working with a genius!😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here