Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Milner

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'It has become a running joke at Liverpool that, upon their return to pre-season training, nobody can beat Milner in the lactate test. When Andy Robertson attempted the fitness challenge for the first time, he was “sick everywhere”. Milner has won it in all seven seasons he has been at Anfield.'

SING him up!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He’s probably been away from his friends and family for a long time now and that must be quite a pull. I hope he comes here for a couple of years as it will be good for the club and fans alike.

Jul 7, 2003
Proposal: Don’t let Brighton sign James Milner

But mainly — Brighton, seriously? Come on, mate! Milner has never lost his pride in being a Leeds boy, a dour Yorkshireman, a gritty northerner. Retiring on the south coast, being shown around the prettiest beaches and nicest ice cream huts by Adam Lallana, just isn’t for him. It doesn’t matter how close you are to the sea in England, it’s never as nice as it looks on a postcard. And how much of a draw is the Europa League when you’ve already won the European Cup?

I like the humour there. In all seriousness though, Lallana lived in the Bournemouth from the age of 5 so his was a return to the South Coast and, I guess, closer to his family so is a Southerner at heart whereas if Milner did go back to Leeds it would be understandable and not like Scholes who always said he would retire at Oldham but then didn't bother.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't say I'm bothered either way. Not that enthused about Milner. In the last 18m or so, I've viewed him as a weak link to be targetted at Liverpool.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
To be honest, I am not that bothered if he goes to Leeds, let's face it, he is not the last piece in the jigsaw puzzle is he...
If he goes there, it for personal reasons, like being closer to family, that makes sense to everyone.
If I'm brutally honest I hope he goes to Leeds or sign a new contract with Pool

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
'It has become a running joke at Liverpool that, upon their return to pre-season training, nobody can beat Milner in the lactate test. When Andy Robertson attempted the fitness challenge for the first time, he was “sick everywhere”. Milner has won it in all seven seasons he has been at Anfield.'

SING him up!
Is this something to do with breast-feeding? No wonder Robertson was chucking up.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I hope we sign him. Looked good when he came on and will be great in the dressing room. A winner. I'm sure Leeds is a pull for him but reckon he's waiting for the end of the season mainly out of respect for his current club. On Saturday, he was talking about 'one more game'.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Like Geoff Boycott; who's full of Yorkshire this and Yorkshire that ... but supports Man U

(yes, I know he's not from Leeds but Fitzwilliam isn't that far away and it's still Yorkshire)
It's not, in my experience, uncommon for people from smaller towns in Yorkshire to support Man U (or any other team) rather than a club from the nearest city like Leeds or Sheffield.
Like how a lot of Burnley fans come from west Yorkshire rather than supporting Leeds.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Yeah he could go home to Leeds but watch this game, who the f*** wouldn’t want to play for this team under RDZ?!
Especially the intelligent one's like Rosenior and Lallana. Work under RDeZ for a couple of seasons and learn the mystique and arts of this new breed of football. Then go and practice it yourself. Like a Harry Potter masterclass!

Bloody Hell Harry we are fantastic!

TNBA

TTF

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The phone call tonight…….

Milner Agent: “ Did ya see the Citeh game tonight lad?”

Milner: “Yes, Brighton should have won”.

Milner Agent: “ Leeds have come back today and said you’ll be captain if you sign and they’ll do a statue of you like, outside Elland Road”

Milner: “Do we still have contract on table from t’Brighton?”

Milner Agent: “Yes laddie”.

Milner: “Right fella. My mind has be blown tonight. Please ring up t’owner of Leeds and tell him I’m not interested. If he argues, tell him I want him to ****-off and ****-off until he is in the ****ing Championship. If he protests, tell him I want him to ****-off to League One”

Milner Agent: “A bit dramatic lad?”.

Milner: “No, you c***! I’ve seen the Albion play tonight. I’ll never be the same again. All I want is to be on my knees before De Zerbi. I’d do anything for him. Now ****-off with your Leeds shite and make me a cup of bloody tea!”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here