Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interim Manager?! *Merged*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MASSIVE ASSUMPION ALERT

Why is everyone assuming Gus will lose his appeal? Not one single person on this board knows diddly squatt about what happened, what has been said, what negotiations were going on, what disciplinary procedures are being followed and finally what Gus actually means by some of his statements. YET people are convinced he will lose his appeal!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Gus was offered a pay-off soon after this suspension started but he turned it down. Do I have to put ALLEGEDLY now?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gus was offered a pay-off soon after this suspension started but he turned it down. Do I have to put ALLEGEDLY now?

Facts doug...facts.

Prove it to us and then we will believe you

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Yes them is the rulez and me thinks Mr deep may be heading for ban land if youz ignore them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, the interim manager to be appointed today?

I reckon it'll be Garcia, but if we genuinely are looking for a temp for 2-3 weeks, then Coppell would fit the bill perfectly, although I guess we'd have to make some sort of payment to Crawley for his time off.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I thought, at the time, we (NSC) agreed that all we knew was that a 'settlement' was offered... and nobody had any idea if that was financially neutral or involved a payment one way or the other? Has some other FACT now been established?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Spot on. And why did the club release notice of Gus sacking at precisely 8pm. A strange time znd a strange day. Just coincidental that Gus was appearing on bbc? No. More like deliberate on Barbers case. Not saying Gus didn't know beforehand but to the wider world it looks bad. Barbers personal clash with Gus is bringing our club through the shit.

Barber out.

One thing is for sure: an awful lot of the kind of patronising "shut up and don't even dream of questioning Tony

Bloom/don't you know how much he's paid for the stadium/I don't have any cogent reasons why but I have complete faith in him and you should have too" nonsense that some have been spouting on here over the past few weeks has entirely DEPENDED on the complete guess that there's already another manager lined up in the wings.

Now we know that there isn't.

The situation - all. of. our. own. making., lest we forget that - is a great deal worse than feared. What a total, total mess. An utterly shabby, sh1tty way to behave. Poyet out, Barber out. Now.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Spot on. And why did the club release notice of Gus sacking at precisely 8pm. A strange time znd a strange day. Just coincidental that Gus was appearing on bbc? No. More like deliberate on Barbers case. Not saying Gus didn't know beforehand but to the wider world it looks bad. Barbers personal clash with Gus is bringing our club through the shit.

Barber out.

I don't know about the TV stuff, but I assumed the timing was at the last possible minute before today, when the players return, as they would have to be told something. But it's also my assumption (guess) that the interim could be appointed today too - there is no way they would announce GP going and the new man coming in on the same day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good honest ex manager who knows the club, I'd be happy with McGhee whilst this is sorted out

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
MASSIVE ASSUMPION ALERT

Why is everyone assuming Gus will lose his appeal? Not one single person on this board knows diddly squatt about what happened, what has been said, what negotiations were going on, what disciplinary procedures are being followed and finally what Gus actually means by some of his statements. YET people are convinced he will lose his appeal!

In my opinion, if you ignore all other contributing factors the main reason he has been suspended is for not dealing with the retained list. Anyone know if that is enough for him to lose his appeal, honest question?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
MASSIVE ASSUMPION ALERT

heres a fact: win or lose, he will no longer be our manager at the end of the process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here