Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

im at the amex

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
too true, what the f has it got to do with other people when and where someone else decides to buy their ticket?

Of course it's got absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.
However, if people choose of their own free will to come on an online forum and regale us all at great length with the minutiae of their ticket-buying activities, what's working, what's not working, how long they've waited, how ridiculous this that or the other is... they can hardly complain if other people comment on what they say....

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
At most 100 people.

Cant understand why so many STHs have gone there to get tickets TODAY when they have until TUESDAY. By the club having 1 window opens shows they thought the same. Madness how and why people have gone today, though I suspect a number will be non-STHs who probably cant read when it said STH only until next week.

Its your biggest game for years & will be for years to come....can you get your 1/2 & 1/2 scarves at the same time

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Its your biggest game for years & will be for years to come....can you get your 1/2 & 1/2 scarves at the same time

Probably can buy them and many other Albion associated items as well, whereas Palarse would either have to offer their merchandise on Groupon buy 1 get 10 free, or risk losing it out the back door. now p off back to your own little forum, there's a good chap, or don't you have anything better in your life in a Friday night other than to nose about on another clubs forum?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Is Michael Owen in the queue?

Nope. But i did se him and paul barber walking past. Then over heard barber say " toney is down under at the moment, but dont worry he gave me his cheque book. Oh and im sure you will get game time even though were bringing back Murray and wood " :lol:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
This. Arrogance from someone else sneering at those who chose to go the Amex to get their tickets. Up to club to be prepared and get it right with enough staff around to cover more booths.

Spot on.

I'm computer literate and tried buying online first but had to go to the Amex in person today. I wouldn't have had to if:-

- the Club had got the Gold auto cup ticket scheme up and running. Worked fine over the last few years.
- the online system would allow me to buy the tickets I was entitled to buy. I did try the suggested solutions mentioned on NSC.

Today was the only opportunity to reserve my tickets before they are made available generally. The online solution had failed and there was no guarantee it would be resolved before the cut-off.

To add insult, the Club was completely under prepared for the number of people who took the ticket office option THE CLUB OFFERED. 1 window open, 10 minutes after the 2pm advertised time was not good enough.

They finally opened 2 more windows but, as I found it myself after queuing for over an hour in the freezing cold gales, they were still having real issues with the system...when I finally got served it took them 20 minutes to sell me the 3 reserved seats.

I'm reasonably fit and healthy. But there were many of retirement age and with disabilities there in that queue...at least 50% I'd say.

What I don't appreciate are people spouting sanctimonious b*ll*cks as if they know best and know everything about everyone. A couple on here need to engage their brain before letting themselves loose on a keyboard.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Spot on.

I'm computer literate and tried buying online first but had to go to the Amex in person today. I wouldn't have had to if:-

- the Club had got the Gold auto cup ticket scheme up and running. Worked fine over the last few years.
- the online system would allow me to buy the tickets I was entitled to buy. I did try the suggested solutions mentioned on NSC.

Today was the only opportunity to reserve my tickets before they are made available generally. The online solution had failed and there was no guarantee it would be resolved before the cut-off.

To add insult, t2he Club was completely under prepared for the number of people who took the ticket office option THE CLUB OFFERED. 1 window open, 10 minutes after the 2pm advertised time was not good enough.

They finally opened 2 more windows but, as I found it myself after queuing for over an hour in the freezing cold gales, they were still having real issues with the system...when I finally got served it took them 20 minutes to sell me the 3 reserved seats.

I'm reasonably fit and healthy. But there were many of retirement age and with disabilities there in that queue...at least 50% I'd say.

What I don't appreciate are people spouting sanctimonious b*ll*cks as if they know best and know everything about everyone. A couple on here need to engage their brain before letting themselves loose on a keyboard.

Couldn't put it better myself. Hope you got a free tea and biscuit

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Brighton & Hove Albion expects to have processed well in excess of 10,000 tickets for the FA Cup fourth round tie with Arsenal, by close of business today, following a record day's business in the ticket office.

Season-ticket holders who are yet to buy, are strongly advised to purchase tickets online to avoid queues, and are also reminded they have until 9am on Tuesday 13th January to complete their transaction.

They are also asked to be patient, as additional club staff deal with huge demand for the FA Cup game, which takes place on Sunday 25th January, kick-off 4pm.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...s-be-patient-2192874.aspx#Oju0V8sGd9fW4jyc.99

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As I understand it STH have a few days to make their purchase so why the panic?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As I understand it STH have a few days to make their purchase so why the panic?

Because there will doubtless be an almighty scramble on the last day and the system will probably go down just when its most needed? Why risk that? IMHO you'd be daft to put your trust in the system and wait until the last day. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail...

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
I'm at the Amex in the queue, about 50 of us here. Staff are here but not opening til 10am.

Just hoping I don't give in to the temptation of buying something, that always happens!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There are obviously a range of views on this, but I simply can't understand why anyone would bother going to the ground. I waited until last night to buy my tickets on-line…it took about a minute. Surely, even if you don't have a computer yourself, you have access to one? I can understand the club being slightly unprepared…. However, perhaps I've missed something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here