Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

im at the amex

Jan 30, 2008
Well no, as you ask.
When I was at school the plural of roof was rooves but I have been aware for some time that this is no longer the case and roofs is now suggested as the normal plural in the OED. I'm not quite sure when this happened.
Now of course this is not a great concern in itself. Many of our modern words and spellings began with Shakespeare and have continually adapted. It is just that the rate of change that has accelerated. My main worry is that my grandchildren struggle to communicate in anything other than a slightly extended text speak and it lacks so much of the colour and texture of the language properly used.
That is all an aside however to your use of "loafs" rather than "loaves" which I find to be just lazy but may now be acceptable. Hence my question!
ha ha Grammer police, thanks for your input ???
Regards
DR

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
There are obviously a range of views on this, but I simply can't understand why anyone would bother going to the ground. I waited until last night to buy my tickets on-line…it took about a minute. Surely, even if you don't have a computer yourself, you have access to one? I can understand the club being slightly unprepared…. However, perhaps I've missed something?

Well as you clearly have time to type this kind of message despite the 18 page thread on here please feel free to read it again...

Tickets not showing on my login.....no replies to emails yesterday or today......called the helpline this morning and when you select your option the line goes dead again.........cannot get to ground what do you suggest ****head.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Logged in for the first time this morning, held my breath and.....my friends and family list has completely gone, except for one person. I wanted to buy for me and my son, but he's not on there now and I can't see an option for finding / adding him.

*sigh*

Oh well. I fancied a mooch round the club shop anyway. Wheres my shoes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Logged in for the first time this morning, held my breath and.....my friends and family list has completely gone, except for one person. I wanted to buy for me and my son, but he's not on there now and I can't see an option for finding / adding him.

*sigh*

Oh well. I fancied a mooch round the club shop anyway. Wheres my shoes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just back from the Amex, tickets sorted after I queued for about an hour. At least the queue was through the shop and not outside, where the wind was blowing up a hooley.

Given the online CARNAGE you'd have thought they'd have opened more than 3 windows, but hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here