Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

im at the amex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Your preaching is starting to grate with me.

Friday is a 'slower' day for a lot of people. If heading up there today to get yourself a ticket in person was the best option available to someone, then why shouldn't people do it? A large number of quite computer-savvy people have had nightmares with the ticketing system this morning - many people are less literate on a computer and/or maybe they just want to pay cash for their ticket(s).

As these people made their way to the Amex, they would have had no way to know how many others would do the same. it's not like 300 people all phoned each other up and all decided to turn up together.

Unusual to hear Bozza being grated

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great to see the photo of the queue, brings back memories of many happy hours queuing in Newtown Road, waiting to shuffle along to the ticket office to secure a ticket.

Youngsters today don't know what they're missing.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Logged on this morning and no tickets are showing to purchase under my name or my son's. Phoned the Supporter Services and when I selected the option number given I got a message saying we cannot take you call and the line went dead. I sent an email but yet to get an answer....
I WOULD SUGGEST MANY OF THOSE STANDING THERE ARE THERE DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES LIKE MINE AND DO NOT HAVE THE CONFIDENCE THAT THE CLUB WOULD RESOLVE......OH AND THEY MAY HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO AT THE WEEKEND WHEN EVEN MORE WILL ARRIVE LIKE ME WHO CANNOT GET THERE TODAY OR MID-WEEK.

Same for me. Couldn't buy my seat but would let me buy the wife's. Logged out and in again. My ticket disappeared altogether. Tried ringing the club and after selection the line went dead. Drove to club, joined Q which moved about three yards in half an hour. Gave up and have now emailed club and waiting a reply. Looks like a right cock up all round.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Remember the Play Off Final Tickets Queue, flipping all dayer!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Same for me. Couldn't buy my seat but would let me buy the wife's. Logged out and in again. My ticket disappeared altogether. Tried ringing the club and after selection the line went dead. Drove to club, joined Q which moved about three yards in half an hour. Gave up and have now emailed club and waiting a reply. Looks like a right cock up all round.

Log back in online. When you see your wife's ticket use Ctrl & F5. You should be able to see your ticket then.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That is exact as I counted them to work out whether we would get to the window before having to leave to pick up granddaughter based on 1 min per person I decided we wouldnt do it so left and will go back when I have more time to waste.

As regards on line I prefer to do it in person is that a crime?

I think the club should have pre empted a rush when the window opened and made adequate arrangements to open all or most of the windows for at least a couple of hours.

You give a very precise figure of 53 but then an estimate with a large variation of 200 to 300 ..mind popping back :D

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Log back in online. When you see your wife's ticket use Ctrl & F5. You should be able to see your ticket then.

Thanks. Tried that but on the first page both tickets shown. Clicked to order both and it now says. I can't buy mine as its not available. Have emailed club.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
And they only got 1 window open at the ticket office. I m in a q ue of about 300 people and its fast growing well done brighton wel thought of.

Yes ive finaly got my ticket. Feel sorry for all those behind me , they are in for a long night.
great idea from the club to bring another 3 people down from the phones after just 2 hours of waiting :glare:

but seriously it was nice when they moved the que in doors out of the rain, and then brought free tea and coffee round and a free biscuit each.. for that weĺ done bhafc.

but next time open more than 1 window if were playing a top European club at the amex thanks

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Yes ive finaly got my ticket. Feel sorry for all those behind me , they are in for a long night.
great idea from the club to bring another 3 people down from the phones after just 2 hours of waiting :glare:

but seriously it was nice when they moved the que in doors out of the rain, and then brought free tea and coffee round and a free biscuit each.. for that weĺ done bhafc.

but next time open more than 1 window if were playing a top European club at the amex thanks

They spent thousands building those 6? New booths, who were they expecting us to play in order to open the other 5?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
They spent thousands building those 6? New booths, who were they expecting us to play in order to open the other 5?

They must of built them ready for lge 1, although even thats going to back fire now that sami gone.

also i saw what looked like andy naylor taking pics of us all . Def someone from the argus.
the question is, will the headline be high demand for the magic of the cup. Or will it be more truthful and say
Long wait for suffering albion fans as club only open one window....

find the answer in tomorrows argus.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Your preaching is starting to grate with me.

Friday is a 'slower' day for a lot of people. If heading up there today to get yourself a ticket in person was the best option available to someone, then why shouldn't people do it? A large number of quite computer-savvy people have had nightmares with the ticketing system this morning - many people
are less literate on a computer and/or maybe they just want to pay cash for their ticket(s).

As these people made their way to the Amex, they would have had no way to know how many others would do the same. it's not like 300 people all phoned each other up and all decided to turn up together.

too true, what the f has it got to do with other people when and where someone else decides to buy their ticket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here