Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

im at the amex

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Absolute rubbish...three hundred in queue...Internet seasonticket shambles....I managed to buy two of my three season tickets Arsenal tickets other one showing not available....complete shambles.....Rang and twenty fifth in queue..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had to leave the queue to go and pick up granddaughter from school so went to ask when it is open tomorrow and was told" due to unexpected demand we have opened a 2nd window" unexpected demand did they think we are playing Lewes?

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just bought my two online with absolutely no problem.

Really impressed by the queuing system and the efficiency of the whole operation.

Well done BHAFC and whoever is responsible for this new system.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
is that all you got to worry about???
regards
DR

Well no, as you ask.
When I was at school the plural of roof was rooves but I have been aware for some time that this is no longer the case and roofs is now suggested as the normal plural in the OED. I'm not quite sure when this happened.
Now of course this is not a great concern in itself. Many of our modern words and spellings began with Shakespeare and have continually adapted. It is just that the rate of change that has accelerated. My main worry is that my grandchildren struggle to communicate in anything other than a slightly extended text speak and it lacks so much of the colour and texture of the language properly used.
That is all an aside however to your use of "loafs" rather than "loaves" which I find to be just lazy but may now be acceptable. Hence my question!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Have these people not got Jobs to do!!! I guess thats what you get when you have Moulsecoomb so close to the ground. :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At most 100 people.

I arrived at 1.40 for a 2.00 opening and there were 53 people in front of my wife who joined the queue, I parked the car then joined her by which time 30 more had joined the line. By 2.30pm when we had to leave I would estimtate that there was between 200 and 300 people in the queue, with more joining.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If only the club could have had thought of another way in which fans would be able to purchase their seat for this match, like being able to use the internet rather than having to turn up in person and queue? :facepalm:

(quite why those joining the back of the long queue wouldn't decide it would be quicker and easier to go home and buy online or over the phone instead, or to come back when the initial rush is over as they have until Monday anyway to buy)

What, and miss an opportunity to criticise the club ??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is exact as I counted them to work out whether we would get to the window before having to leave to pick up granddaughter based on 1 min per person I decided we wouldnt do it so left and will go back when I have more time to waste.

As regards on line I prefer to do it in person is that a crime?

I think the club should have pre empted a rush when the window opened and made adequate arrangements to open all or most of the windows for at least a couple of hours.

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Wouldn't happen in Germany.

Are you sure..... :lolol:

image.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I arrived at 1.40 for a 2.00 opening and there were 53 people in front of my wife who joined the queue

Can you be more exact please.

That is exact as I counted them to work out whether we would get to the window before having to leave to pick up granddaughter based on 1 min per person I decided we wouldnt do it so left and will go back when I have more time to waste.

Great, thanks for confirming this for me.

:lolol:

Great exchange. Made my afternoon.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

As regards on line I prefer to do it in person is that a crime?

I think the club should have pre empted a rush when the window opened and made adequate arrangements to open all or most of the windows for at least a couple of hours.

BensGrandad - are you for real or do you really have no clue what is going on here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here