[Albion] If you are a current Albion season ticket holder, are you planning on renewing for next season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are a current Albion season ticket holder, are you planning on renewing for next season?

• Yes

• No

• Possibly, it depends on.... (feel free to elaborate if you wish)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Been a ST for decades now with two adult children there's no way I'm not going to renew.

Travel can be a pain but no worse than getting away from many other top venues for other huge events. The Amex is the biggest attendance in the South of the country excluding London when we're playing. People need to put that in perspective sometimes. Also coastal towns always have issues. Half of the area is sea!

Cost for a theatre trip in London today has cost me over £200 for two people, so cost needs to be put in perspective.

Priorities, I'm sure many spend £1000's on their holidays, I spend a lot less and instead follow my club.

Posters questioning entertainment etc. Really get a grip you've obviously not been through what many of us have stuck with for decades. This is close to the best it will EVER get.

It is obvious to me from some of the posts on here top level football is not for them.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I've not decided yet. It's the travelling and the parking that are getting me down. I felt the same last year, but renewed on the basis that I didn't want to miss out on any European campaign or extended cup run.

Presumably, if I don't renew st and take out My Albion + membership instead, I would be at the bottom of any MA points system with nul points.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes, but might change seats.
having the time of my life, watching some great football with a much depleted squad through injuries.
I will also go against the grain and say I’m very happy with the racecourse park (walk) and ride, longest I’ve had to wait to get home from the Amex was about half an hour, ain’t that bad to be honest.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was thinking more of 12 points from 36
Which really is the stat that matters
Not much better than both Hughton and Potter
So it isn’t the number of goals scored that’s the problem. You say the stats don’t lie, but then cherry pick which stats you want to moan about.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
So it isn’t the number of goals scored that’s the problem. You say the stats don’t lie, but then cherry pick which stats you want to moan about.
Currently there are some similarities in play that are reminiscent of Potter but not at all like Hughton. Frustrating as it is, there are valid reasons and not much to justify moaning about imo. Other than rank bad luck and a few iffy decisions and ball bounces/deflections against us.

I will be renewing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You'll be 65 at the start of the season. Next Season's ticket will be at OAP rate, assuming the club don't change that.

However, any tickets for individual home games this season (Europa Cup, FA Cup) will be at adult price even once you reach 65.

PBOBE thinks that is good practice that your age at the start of the season determines your age related discount for the whole season.
Imagine it’s much simpler from an admin/IT perspective to keep people in the same age group for a season - and to be fair the same happens with kids going up the price brackets.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I see us as maybe on a kind of short-term dip (if it even is a dip, we’re in the last 16 of the Europa League so it’s the kind of dip I can live with) on a decade-plus long upward curve. Progression is rarely linear - a couple of recruits and returnees from injury and we can get close to last season…and if we don’t we’re still well set for next season and beyond. Chelsea, Man U and Newcastle all might end up below us this season so don’t agree ‘all those teams’ etc

Doesn’t need a good shake-up at all imo, just a bit more luck, a bit more time to develop the younger players and a couple of decent recruits. Anything mid-table for a club like us is fantastic- we massively overachieved last season.

I’m a JCL but have never been less bored. Assume you missed Hughton’s PL tenure.
Yeah maybe I’m being a bit harsh but I like to watch stuff that gets you out of your seat which over the last couple of months hasn’t been happening probably the injuries etc
well what I should have said is that recently(since the forest game) we haven’t scored many goals.The number of goals scored,if it’s low will always cause a problem and make for a lower league position.Also I’m not actually moaning my original post was that I find watch the Albion a bit boring lately,just my own take on things but probably would be better using frustration as the adjective to how I currently am

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In an attempt to help out Swimboy:-

We're most definitely at the peak of all peaks of football supporterdom.

The come down from the last 12 months is going to be hard.
We may well come down to a point higher than previously ever before, and amazingly it's still going to feel like a low.

Couple that with money, travel, super league, financial doping, TV rights etc, and the live experience could be easier to walk away from.

If an 'away only' season ticket was released I'd give that serious consideration before saying 'no thanks'.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Yes definitely
I get a bit bored watching it go from side to side then back then out wide then back then forward then back and then when it gets to the pen area very little happens
Just would like to see it all more direct bit quicker more dynamic
Only my opinion but the stats don’t lie
We are not scoring many goals and consequently slipping down the table
All those teams we thought we were much better than all seem to be catching us or going above us
Hope I’m wrong but think it needs a good shake up personally or we will be in the bottom half come January 100%
Well all you laughing faces I hope I’m wrong but we will see what happens in the second half of the season and hopefully tonight we will get at it and put a few past Spurs

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
In an attempt to help out Swimboy:-

We're most definitely at the peak of all peaks of football supporterdom.

The come down from the last 12 months is going to be hard.
We may well come down to a point higher than previously ever before, and amazingly it's still going to feel like a low.

Couple that with money, travel, super league, financial doping, TV rights etc, and the live experience could be easier to walk away from.

If an 'away only' season ticket was released I'd give that serious consideration before saying 'no thanks'.
Many thanks Stat

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
They are certainly not cheap. And 'cheapness' is determined by an individual's circumstances. Maybe you are fortunate enough to find so and that's great, but not everyone is in that position.
When considering most purchases their are two main factors in play - can I afford it and is it value for money.

Affordability is different for everyone, value for money is in the eye of the beholder. Lots of matches have provided what I consider vfm, others less so.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I was going to go this evening now I’ve seen the ridiculous ticket prices I’m not to sure.
Can understand that. I kept my promise and treated my visiting nephew to a seat in East Upper. Wont be doing that again for a grade 1 game £60 Just shows they can do what they want.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
little bit undecided due to personal circumstances with Mum's passing my priorities have switched slightly that said I'm at the mercy of the probate system and as the decision time is coming fairly soon I'd say it's about 80/20 that I will renew this time next year will be much less certain if I move away as the travel would become an issue

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
Any recommendations 🤣
Are you attempting the Channel solo, or as part of a relay team?

Despite living in the DPRK under juche ideology, where we’re taught that America is the devil and the Internet is non-existent (officially), my hero is American Sarah Thomas, who completed 4 consecutive/back-to-back crossings in 54 hours, arguably the greatest human endeavour/feat of all time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports