Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you are a current Albion season ticket holder, are you planning on renewing for next season?

If you are a current Albion season ticket holder, are you planning on renewing for next season?

• Yes

• No

• Possibly, it depends on.... (feel free to elaborate if you wish)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can understand that. I kept my promise and treated my visiting nephew to a seat in East Upper. Wont be doing that again for a grade 1 game £60 Just shows they can do what they want.
Considering the £30 to get there and food it soon adds up. I can afford it it’s more of a case of do I want to pay it. I also feel injuries are becoming an excuse for the club and fans alike for poor performances. With our injuries is the squad any weaker than say Wolves probably not.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can understand that. I kept my promise and treated my visiting nephew to a seat in East Upper. Wont be doing that again for a grade 1 game £60 Just shows they can do what they want.
If people are prepared to buy at that price then that’s how the club will price them. (Not a comment on your purchase as it sounds like you made a promise to your nephew which you, understandably, feel obliged to keep, so you’re committed to buying).

I frequently peruse the Exchange prior to games and can rarely find ‘3 together’ at a reasonable price (the only good availability I seem to find are £90 seats which is obviously a complete non-starter) and so go no further. Then I watch the highlights on MOTD and see pockets of empty seats right across the stadium.

I’ve long since given up trying to square what I see on the Exchange with the reality of what I see on the TV this and simply take the kids to Cambridge Utd instead.

EDIT: when I say the ‘Exchange’ I actually meant the non-Exchange regular sales as well. I appreciate expecting to find ‘3 together’ on the Exchange isn’t always going to be easy

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
£60 for a Cat 1 game in the most expensive parts of the stadium is not cheap and in line with most other PL clubs (but still cheaper than spurs, Arsenal. Fulham etc) - but perplexed you’re surprised. It’s been in that price range for years for exchange tickets. . As for doing “what they want” - then I guess they can which is why the cost of season tickets have been reduced - in real terms for the last four years.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
On the fence. I'd like to see what's happening with the travel.

Between strikes, overtime bans, trespassers, engineering work, services operated by three coach chuggers and the unimaginative management of the queues, the trains have been a shitshow this season.

The prospect of paying GTR in the region of £150 on top of the Season Ticket cost isn't an agreeable one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have waited years for us to play like this so for me, it's an absolute Is it POTG ? (no brainer) :wink:

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I was going to go this evening now I’ve seen the ridiculous ticket prices I’m not to sure.
They are in the £45-60 range . Which for exchange tickets for a Spurs or Arsenal or Chelsea is what they've been for years.

Expensive for some so fair enough - but you're surely not surprised. ??

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They are certainly not cheap. And 'cheapness' is determined by an individual's circumstances. Maybe you are fortunate enough to find so and that's great, but not everyone is in that position.
They are cheap compared to other major events. People lose sight of the fact when a game is on at the Amex it is by far the biggest event in the South excluding London.

Compared to top concerts, top rugby games, top theatres it's cheap. We're one of the top teams in the best league in the World.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
On the fence. I'd like to see what's happening with the travel.

Between strikes, overtime bans, trespassers, engineering work, services operated by three coach chuggers and the unimaginative management of the queues, the trains have been a shitshow this season.

The prospect of paying GTR in the region of £150 on top of the Season Ticket cost isn't an agreeable one.
100% agree.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
On the fence. Mainly based on what happens about travel - they start to charge for it then it's a no ( although wasn't it part of the planning consent conditions so they can't not provide the transport ? ). If the transport is kept then I'll definitely renew WS Jnr's ST, mine might depend on if I've managed to move to Devon by then. A little pissed off that they've brought forward the renewal dates to be honest - totally unnecessary.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
£60 for a Cat 1 game in the most expensive parts of the stadium is not cheap and in line with most other PL clubs (but still cheaper than spurs, Arsenal. Fulham etc) - but perplexed you’re surprised. It’s been in that price range for years for exchange tickets. . As for doing “what they want” - then I guess they can which is why the cost of season tickets have been reduced - in real terms for the last four years.
Whilst I think ticket prices are far to high because it excludes so many I accept what it is, supply and demand. At the moment the club can do what it wants and with matchday income only about 15% of total clubs priority is to continue sell outs and encourage ST holders to renew.
How times change Doesnt seem long ago when in championship many mid week games would not sell out and was able to buy guest tickets for £15

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They are cheap compared to other major events. People lose sight of the fact when a game is on at the Amex it is by far the biggest event in the South excluding London.

Compared to top concerts, top rugby games, top theatres it's cheap. We're one of the top teams in the best league in the World.
I didn't compare it to other events. There is more than one way to look at it. The way you quote is cheaper than other comparable events sure, but in isolation £45 is not in any way cheap. £10 in my view is cheap, and there would still be someone to argue with me about that, as it's subjective.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And that is cheap. Do you go to other events? Honestly.
No and I don’t agree with the pricing for events. My daughter paid £180 face value for a Taylor Swift ticket. Let’s put this into perspective Swifts target audience is predominantly young girls and she wants them to work two days 16hrs on average to see her perform for a three hours or whatever it is. It doesn’t sit well with me but others may disagree.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No and I don’t agree with the pricing for events. My daughter paid £180 face value for a Taylor Swift ticket. Let’s put this into perspective Swifts target audience is predominantly young girls and she wants them to work two days 16hrs on average to see her perform for a three hours or whatever it is. It doesn’t sit well with me but others may disagree.
I totally agree with you there, however the cost of seeing an elite sporting event at the Amex is cheap in comparison. When clubs like Hastings and Lewes are charging £15 for 7th tier clogger football it puts it in perspective.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They are in the £45-60 range . Which for exchange tickets for a Spurs or Arsenal or Chelsea is what they've been for years.

Expensive for some so fair enough - but you're surely not surprised. ??
Tbh not for a while I kept someone’s ST going whilst they worked abroad for a few years so haven’t had to seek singles that much. CAT 1 is an excuse to make more money and nothing more.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Are you attempting the Channel solo, or as part of a relay team?

Despite living in the DPRK under juche ideology, where we’re taught that America is the devil and the Internet is non-existent (officially), my hero is American Sarah Thomas, who completed 4 consecutive/back-to-back crossings in 54 hours, arguably the greatest human endeavour/feat of all time.
Did I mention the swim on this thread ?

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Please put this into context
First Ever season in European competition
Qualified as group winners
But Still 9 th in the League currently
Thats OK at the very least in my book
What I said was that I find watching the Albion boring at the moment.That has nothing to do with league position,European success or amount of injuries etc.What you say is absolutely true about the current situation and various standings but it doesn’t take away from the fact that personally I get very frustrated which leads me to find it boring watching the Albion
How would rate the level of excitement at home games at the Amex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here