Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you are a current Albion season ticket holder, are you planning on renewing for next season?

If you are a current Albion season ticket holder, are you planning on renewing for next season?

• Yes

• No

• Possibly, it depends on.... (feel free to elaborate if you wish)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
For the people who are yes conditional on continuation of the travel subsidy, how do they think fans of other clubs in less affluent areas and without a travel subsidy manage ? I don’t think there has been any suggestion of removal of the travel subsidy btw but it is more there to ease traffic congestion rather than make it cheaper.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the fence at the moment. I'd like to, but my income dropped considerably last year and I'm not sure that I'd be able to afford it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our two are on the Exchange in the North which is £46 due to himself having a chest infection. .
Ours have already sold but there are tickets available in the North right now. Possibly others who aren’t well.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
For the people who are yes conditional on continuation of the travel subsidy, how do they think fans of other clubs in less affluent areas and without a travel subsidy manage ? I don’t think there has been any suggestion of removal of the travel subsidy btw but it is more there to ease traffic congestion rather than make it cheaper.
Irrelevant what other clubs do. This is about our club. IF the travel subsidy were dropped, that would add £100's+ of pounds a season for many people, during a difficult financial period.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Irrelevant what other clubs do. This is about our club. IF the travel subsidy were dropped, that would add £100's+ of pounds a season for many people, during a difficult financial period.
My point was that would bring the costs for Albion fans up to equivalent to those of other clubs, some of whom also have higher ticket prices. Hardly irrelevant and I think I have asked a fair question.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And save £100's for those who never use the subsidy travel.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's an unequivocal yes from me. Last year or so has seen some of the best football and goals I've ever seen from the Albion. THere's no club that gets as many decisions right as happens at the Albion (and even when they get them wrong, they still tell you they are right).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
And save £100's for those who never use the subsidy travel.
Maybe it would just be quicker and easier if people who brag about their ability to be indifferent to how much the club charges for tickets just posted their latest bank statement on here. Saying “I don’t care if they put it up or take the travel out, I’m going to pay it anyway” is just bragging about one’s level of disposable income compared with others. Whether that’s naff or tacky…well others can judge that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe it would just be quicker and easier if people who brag about their ability to be indifferent to how much the club charges for tickets just posted their latest bank statement on here. Saying “I don’t care if they put it up or take the travel out, I’m going to pay it anyway” is just bragging about one’s level of disposable income compared with others. Whether that’s naff or tacky…well others can judge that.
Seems an odd post to quote to make that point. If I tell you I walk to the ground, does that mean I'm bragging about my disposable income? Because it's the same point - I don't use the travel subsidy, so if that was removed from season ticket prices, I would save money (not that I expect the cost of the season ticket to come down if they remove the travel subsidy).

I would also note, for some it isn't about disposable income, it's about fandom or possibly addiction. A desire to prove they are a "real fan" by determining to go even if they don't know they will be able to afford it. They will beg borror or steal to go to the albion, that's how much of a fan, or how obsessed/determined they are. We saw during the lockdown period how many people claimed they needed to go to football for their mental health.

EDIT: (and to be clear, I'm not disputing that there is an element of, if not bragging, then a lack of awareness of privilege with blaseness with some people renewing, I just don't see it in that post)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I can assure you I'm far from being comfortable. As I posted before it's about priorities. I love my football and forgo a lot to be able to attend. Apart from a few days away in Bruges each year I don't go on expensive holidays. I budget throughout the year so I can just about afford to follow my passion.

I have had a good salary (above average) previously but have also spent a period where I cared for my late wife on nothing more than carers allowance. This wiped out all my savings. I'm now on long term "illness" which fortunately for me is covered by salary protection insurance from my workplace but is greatly reduced by over £1200 per month. I'd love to return to work but having had three operations in a short time on my shoulder the occupational health bods won't allow me back as the ops failed. I've cut my cloth accordingly. I await a possible payoff which will allow me the freedom to plan ahead for the rest of my life. I've had to tap into my private pension (I'm only 55) and currently I'm as worried about the future as anyone else.

During the time I cared for my wife I lost two businesses and this included my home. I now rent. I lost nearly £600000. Life has been tough but without something to look forward too I may not remain so happy!

So in short your post is not just wrong it's crass.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What I said was that I find watching the Albion boring at the moment.That has nothing to do with league position,European success or amount of injuries etc.What you say is absolutely true about the current situation and various standings but it doesn’t take away from the fact that personally I get very frustrated which leads me to find it boring watching the Albion
How would rate the level of excitement at home games at the Amex?
I said the same under Potter and got the same reaction. Best ever finish etc etc. Ok but I was bored stiff watching the team obtaining the best ever finish.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can assure you I'm far from being comfortable. As I posted before it's about priorities. I love my football and forgo a lot to be able to attend. Apart from a few days away in Bruges each year I don't go on expensive holidays. I budget throughout the year so I can just about afford to follow my passion.

I have had a good salary (above average) previously but have also spent a period where I cared for my late wife on nothing more than carers allowance. This wiped out all my savings. I'm now on long term "illness" which fortunately for me is covered by salary protection insurance from my workplace but is greatly reduced by over £1200 per month. I'd love to return to work but having had three operations in a short time on my shoulder the occupational health bods won't allow me back as the ops failed. I've cut my cloth accordingly. I await a possible payoff which will allow me the freedom to plan ahead for the rest of my life. I've had to tap into my private pension (I'm only 55) and currently I'm as worried about the future as anyone else.

During the time I cared for my wife I lost two businesses and this included my home. I now rent. I lost nearly £600000. Life has been tough but without something to look forward too I may not remain so happy!

So in short your post is not just wrong it's crass.
My thumbs up isn’t a ‘like‘ as such, but an empathetic agreement.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yes No or Possibly........Think there should have been another option. Probably ...which is where I am at moment. Love it most of the time !!
However evening games of which there seem to be more on cold winter nights don`t appeal much.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I said the same under Potter and got the same reaction. Best ever finish etc etc. Ok but I was bored stiff watching the team obtaining the best ever finish.
It’s just how I see it. Some things best off kept to oneself as you probably experienced.
Thanks though for your experience if you go against the mainstream thinking on here it can be a bit rough 🤣

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What I said was that I find watching the Albion boring at the moment.
At this level I want to be bored shitless for a long time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here