Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Poyet left, who would you want?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Nobody.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I will probably cry when Gus goes.

He's the best thing that's happened to this club in my lifetime and I don't think any appointment will make me happy, and whoever it is will take a long time to win me over.
this and I'm considerably older than you. So my answer to the op is. POYET :bowdown::albion2:

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
It would have to be something similar to the sheer shock value of when Liam Brady was appointed manager. I think it was still in the days of footy updates by teletext (why did I used to check BBC page 312 every day in the summer FFS) and I have never been so amazed by an appointment.............maybe until Poyet.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I'm surprised no ones mentioned charlie oatway. He's witnessed the change gus has made to the club and how he's done it first hand. Gus has clearly introduced training methods and structure to the club that is having an amazing impact, and oatway knows these methods and can carry on the good work. Plus he has worked with the youngsters already. It's should be about continuity, as it was in the liverpool bootroom in the 70s/80s.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
First choice - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Michael Owen as his assistant

Second choice - Gianfranco Zola with Luke Williams as his assistant

Third choice - either Karl Robinson from MKDons or Lee Clarke from Huddersfield

Any of those set ups would be coming in with the same view of creating a long term project that is making Gus such a success

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Alan Curbishley without doubt.....

Albion Legend, superb manager, Amazing with Charlton and did brilliantly at West Ham, 6th before resigning due to players being sold from under him

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAK9PDRQ.jpg The special one.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I see lots of people are mentioning Paulo Di Canio. For some reason I'm not sure he's the sort of person Tiny Tone would be that keen on.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I see lots of people are mentioning Paulo Di Canio. For some reason I'm not sure he's the sort of person Tiny Tone would be that keen on.

I hope he isnt a fan of fascists. Because I am not

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I would love Paolo Di canio or Jock Stein.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here