Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Poyet left, who would you want?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Eddie Howe, Michael Appleton or maybe Tarrico

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really? Bit over the top, I don't think it's like that at all. I think a lot of clubs would sniff around; he's a winner and a leader.

Maybe a bit OTT. But it seems we are becoming disliked by more and more people, and Poyet is at the head of that. You're probably right that it wouldn't affect Chairman's perspective though as they would just look that he's taken us from bottom half of L1 to top half of Championship in a tiny amount of time, whilst cantering to the league title

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Experienced manager = Chris Hughton or MON
Young, up and coming manager = Roberto Di matteo, Antons dad, Paulo Di C, Lee Whatsisface at Huddersfield

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Maybe a bit OTT. But it seems we are becoming disliked by more and more people, and Poyet is at the head of that. You're probably right that it wouldn't affect Chairman's perspective though as they would just look that he's taken us from bottom half of L1 to top half of Championship in a tiny amount of time, whilst cantering to the league title

The main reason why people are starting to dislike us is that we are no longer 'plucky little brighton'.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
You can bet you're bottom dollar, whoever replaces Poyet will get hounded out sooner rather than later if he doesn't win every single game.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Gianfranco Zola.

Yes, yes, I KNOW he took the Iron down, but there were other issues there.

He'll want to prove himself, like a player who didn't quite work out at one club, but then does better at another.

He's flair like Poyet, and as we all saw on the pics (but knew anyway), he's a friend of Poyet's, so would be likely to get all the inside info he'd want.

As long as he doesn't bring the Poison Dwarf with him, I reckon Zola could be a good fit.

But I'd also be happy with Di Matteo, Martinez or Rodgers, as others have said.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I would like to think Glen Hoddle could carry on what Gus has done perfectly. And I'm sure he is waiting for a southern club with ambition to give him that challenge again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here